Credit One Bank / cannot cancel account

United States Review updated:
4.4
I have written cancel on my credit card bill, with payment, and they continue to bill me. I cannot find a tel number or site to cancel this account

Comments

Agree Disagree +1 Votes
CREDIT ONE PHONE NUMBER IS 1-877-825-3242 YOU HAVE TO WAIT ABOUT TEN MINUTES
Fj
  13th of Jul, 2009
My last bill said my credit line had been increased due to good payment history. Yet at the same time there was a note also included in the billing that said my interest rate would increase from 18.9 percent to 23.9 percent. I telephoned Credit One Bank to ask why, if my payment history was so good was my interest rate being increased. I was told the increase was due to "bank needs" and had nothing to do with me. I said I objected to the rate increase and wanted to speak with someone that had the authority to lower the rate back to the original amount, I was told someone would call me back. I was never called back.

I think it is Credit One Bank's goal to sick its credit card holder's with debt they can never get out of, regardless of how hard they try. Raising interest rates on a good paying customer is unconscionable and wrong. I plan to cancel this card as soon as I get the balance paid off.
Be
  26th of Sep, 2009
I totally agree. Credit one is the worst credit card we have. First I would like to say that they are very deceptive. The likeness of their logo to Capital One's is so close that I thought I had applied for a Capital One card. My second gipe is bill payment. I have become very accustomed to paying my bills online. It saves paper, and money (with the rising costs of postage). And you don't have to worry about payment being received after the due date. Well, I paid our first statement online. The second statement we received had a charge of $10 on it for paying online with a debit card. I have never been charged for paying a bill online!!! This is just crazy!!! They charge $15 to pay by phone. Every time we turn around we are being screwed by this card company.

As far as cancelling the card...on the back of the monthly statement it says: To cancel card you must give written notice to the address for inquires shown on the first page of your statement.

Send inquiries to: Credit One Bank
P.O. Box 98873
Las Vegas, NV 89193
  20th of Feb, 2018
@beach comber i was just wondering did it work . cause i want to cancelling my card too . it charge me too . do your charge every monthly or yearly ? cause they told me that it charger every yearly . is that true ?
Ge
  25th of Feb, 2011
I have to agree, this is the WORST credit card company around. I have had the credit card for about two years now, and I have recently just realized how much debt the company can put you in. I got the card to help rebuild credit and it did help, I have to admit although the interest rates are high. The company gives you a $100 credit increase every six months for good payment history but there is a $30 fee included with the credit increase. I pay my bill online as well and there is also a fee associated with paying your bill online and your funds aren't available until a week later. If you want your funds available immediately, there is an extra charge for this well. I simply despise this credit card company and will be canceling it in the future. I inform other customers that are looking for a credit card to build credit, to overlook credit one bank and go somewhere else you will appreciate my advice in the future.
Lx
  13th of Feb, 2012
I have try to call and cancel but all they did was hang up on me and i called numerous times to try to cancel because they keep charging me all these fee and i have not use my card in 4 months now. can someone me me out? they are nice but become jackass once they hear the word CANCEL!!!
Hi
  19th of Sep, 2017
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Gfees are not lawful and grace period to pay late payments are not within the the law standards
Th
  28th of Nov, 2017
Cancelled in writing in 2016 then called we were late on paying of fee and this was after they ask alleged they had received the notice. Got a call concerning being 40 days late on a payment. Exp!aimed it was cancelled a year ago. After 3 customer service people then 3 supervisors the last one went back farther in our history and saw the letter and the call of 2016 in October. And acknowledged it was closed. Just got another call 4 hours later to rehash the first call. They just try to talk you to death and keep asking for your whole ss#. If you need to establish credit and belong to a credit union try there first also we got Capital One with no problem to start a new line of credit shaping.
Je
  21st of Jan, 2018
I closed my account owing 396.14 paid with a money order. I had never been late, not once. I got another bill of 396.14 plus late fee and threats. I called spoke to a woman who barely spoke English who threatened me and said I had to provide her with a routng number and bank account number for her to close my account. I refused for 40 minutes where she proceeded to threaten me some more. A week later I got another bill with the following year's fee $95.00 added to the balance and also an additional $100.00 for not paying the previous bill. Totaling $641.14. Long story short...they kept the money order, they never applied it to my account and then sold it to a debt buyer, who is sueing me for $896, 98.
Li
  15th of Feb, 2018
I just called the 877-825-3242 number and entered 1 for english, my last four digits of social security number and after the recording gave me the menu options, I pressed 0, then # then 0 again and the star. It somehow led me to a real person on the other line. She asked what I needed, she asked why I wanted to cancel etc and now I've been on hold for several minutes waiting for an "account specialist". she kept me on the line trying to convince me to keep the card, offering to zero out my balance and waive three months the monthly fee. I said no to everything and she didnt really answer my questions. She was vague about the cancellation even after asking her "ok so its canceled? I wont be receiving anymore monthly bills?..." no straight answer, so we'll see what happens next month. Good luck, everyone.
Li
  15th of Feb, 2018
  20th of Feb, 2018
i just open this accounts too . i try to close too they won't let me close too . they keep making offering stuff to me too . do anybody know how to cancel this credit one bank . cause i trying to cancel my card . cause i don't want the credit to charge me more then that . i need help .
  20th of Feb, 2018
Do anybody know how to close the accounts ... i been trying to close this credit . i call them and they keep making offers stuff to me . so i was wondering anybody would know how to close the cards . it charge me 75.00 dollar . what the address to close this cards .
Am
  10th of Mar, 2018
WORSE CARD EVER!!! EVEN IF YOUR DESPERATE DO NOT APPLY!

BAD FEES, NEVER ABLE TO TALK TO ANYONE.

I maybe used 150 of it and had over 35 dollars in fees monthly, plus their fees to have the lame card.

Paying it off and closing it. WORST CARD EVER!
Cr
  17th of Mar, 2018
I just closed two accounts with them. They did help me get my credit rolling and am happy about that. Have better rewards cards now and did not need them. Sure they tried to talk me into staying but the goal was to cancel. I kept telling them "No I want to cancel". They told me my account is officially canceled on each one. I checked online immediately afterwards and my available credit was $0.00. I am happy I signed up but happy I am away from them to not pay the annual fee spread over each month.
Gr
  20th of Mar, 2018
Okay, so after 5 years with this Bank i decided to close the account because i wasn't using it anymore. I have to say, even though their interest is outrageous and the fees are insane, this credit card served the purpose. Now i have other credit cards that i actually use.

So, i went into their website to close the account and immediately freaked out because they don't have a phone number or an option in their website to close the account. Someone in this same forum gave some sketchy instructions on how to get a hold of a human and it actually worked. (877-825-3242 number and entered 1 for english, my last four digits of social security number and after the recording gave me the menu options, I pressed 0, then # then 0 again and the star.)

The easiest way to get rid of a credit card without getting any comment back is saying that you are moving out of the United States and you need to close all your credit cards. The lady was really nice, bad english but managed to "close" it. Saying that since my balance was $0 i was not going to get charged for any fees. Then she said: "the account has been closed". It was so weird because i could still access the account online... I will be keeping an eye on it, going on it like a horoscope!

I hope the above helps... good luck with this [censor] bank everyone! :)

Credit One Bank Logo Credit One Bank