Credit Diagnosis / scam

1 PO Box 5152Des Plaines, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-379-5036

I too have been wronged by credit diagnosis. I cancelled immediately after realizing I made a mistake and got the confirmation number. A month later the charges started showing up on my credit card, I tried to email them to tell them they charged my account when I received nothing. Cannot get ahold of them through the telephone and did not answer my emails. The next month they did it again and I had to contact the credit card company. I believe this company practices poor business tactics.

Comments

• Pa
      12th of May, 2008

THEY ASKED FOR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND SOCIAL SECURITY # WHICH IS ILLEGAL. I FINALLY GAVE THEM THE LAST 4 DIGITS AND THEN THEY GAVE ME "TRANSUNION"'S PHONE NUMBER AND INSISTED THAT THAT IS WHERE I CALLED AND THAT THEY NEEDED MY SS# TO GIVE ME THE CREDIT REPORTS. I CALLED THAT # AGAIN AND THEY ANSWERED CRIDIT DIAGNOSIS. I GOT PLENTY OF RUNAROUNDS AND OTHER SPECIAL OFFERS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY ARE A SCAM AND THEY ARE PFISHING FOR INFO ON PEOPLE. DON'T GIVE THEM ANY!!!

• Li
      4th of Aug, 2008

THIS IS A [censored]N SCAM. I had recently been cleaning up my credit and got this e-mail stating that my score had changed. Excited of course, i clicked the e-mail and was told that it would only charge me $1, when I found that I was charged another $1 and then an additional 29.95 on top off that. When I spoke witht this IDIOT on the phone he stated that I was supposed to cancel my membership in 7 days, but to no avail it said nothing about cancelling membership. I AM PISSED AND I WILL BE CALLING SOMEONE TO REPORT THESE [censored]ES!

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2008

I got charged $29.95 for a something I signed up to see my credit report for a $1 for a 7-day trial period. I canceled that trial period in two days. Yet still got charged that 29.95! TWICE! Once from them and once from another company that I never even went to called PrivacyMatters.com. They are both scams. I doubt I will ever trust another online credit report service again.

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2008

There is no way to talk to a live person from this place. They hit my debt card 2 times before I realized what happened and had to contact my bank to stop payment and they refunded my money.
    I had put my debt card info on their, but realized that they were not "free", so I x'd out of it. Apparently it was too late!
    This company definitely does not have good or much, business practice, so be VERY CAREFUL when using their site!

• Ra
      5th of Nov, 2008

My wife, not knowing any better, requested a "free" credit report from Creditdianosis.com about three(3) weeks ago. Yesterday while balancing our bank account online I noticed a charge of $ 29.95 from this so called company. Then this morning I saw another charge of $ 1.00. I attempted to call them but in order to get past the initial greeting I either had to GIVE them my debit card number, my credit diagnosis member number, or my email address.

I googled the company but all that is listed is Connetticutt as the address.

I just cancelled all future charges with my bank but had to close the account and open a new one with new cards GRRRRRRR

STAY AWAY from these guys.

13th of Nov, 2008

Credit Diagnosis = Conartist.
    I got scammed, and cannot have the charges taken off of my debit card. I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one. It should be illegal for these types of companies to exist.

• Je
      18th of Nov, 2008

My fiancee and I had signed up for a "free" trial period to check out this credit diagnosis site and see our credit reports. Little did we know that we would be charged $29.95 twice by two diferent people. We let the 3 $1.00 charges slide and figured it came with signing up but hey $3.00 who could be mad. But now we are pissed because that is $60.00 off our credit card that we never authorized these ###s to do. I have just caught it tonight and the charge was posted yesterday so I am hoping we caught it soon enough to fight and get our money back. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE IT IS A SCAM AND I AM GLAD WE CAUGHT IT SOON ENOUGH!!!

23rd of Nov, 2008

If you have given this company your debit card information change your bank account number. I had my debit card cancelled and they still got the money out of my account. And it isn't once a month, they did it 5 days apart. Do not give them any of your info.

• Em
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I got charged for something I did not sign up for. I tried to call 1-800-379-5036 and when asked for a member ID number I entered report #2093371861. I got hold of someone named "Nova" who I spoke with. I proceeded to tell her my complaint. She sounded a little nervous when I explained to her what had happened. I asked that the charges be credited back to my account considering I did not authorize it and was given a confirmation number. I was told it would be credited in 3-5 business days. When I asked for a supervisor, I was forwarded to a "Cris" who I expected to give me a better answer than Nova considering he was her supervisor. I asked for reassurance that the amount be credited to my account asap as I did not authorize it. He said I'd get it back in 2-3 days. I also expressed disgust in the process where they charge people's debit/credit card without getting proper authorization and told them this was fraudalent, where he proceeded to argue and say there is apparently a difference in opinion. Of course there is! Anyway, I asked him for his Employee # and reassured me that my "membership" was cancelled... which in the first place I never signed up for!

Make sure you document every detail of the phone call! Cris did not want to give me his last name of course.

• Na
      26th of Sep, 2009

Hello to my fellow victims:

My husband claims he wrote the comment above that begins, "My wife, not knowing any better..." even though it was posted nearly a year ago! LOL then cry!

Last night I gave up all my stats and got my credit report, which looks very legit, and my credit score. I should have seen the red flags when I had to enter my credit card number. Dumb dumb dumb!

AFTER I DID THIS I found all the sites reporting the scam/fraud! All those complaints made my hair stand on end. I'm usually so careful.

You can't find CreditDiagnosis at the Better Business Bureau. However, the "company" has morphed from http://www.free-credit-reports-instantly.com. The BBB reports that FCRI is no longer in business and it had, get this, a total of ONE employee! The BBB LOGO appears on the FCRI site but when you print the page you don't get all of the front page with the business name nor the IDENTIFYING yellow" sticky note" claiming it's only a dollar. The name appears on the second page but with a different a different address in Massachusetts, CreditDiagnosis is in Illinois now.

Though the printed page is lacking the company name and the yellow "sticky note" it shows up VERY NICELY on a photo I took of my computer screen! I copied every page I submitted last night. I'm a health care provider and kind of OCD about documentation!

I haven't felt the effects of this scam yet, but I bet they're in progress. I going to my insurance agent to get ID theft insurance and plan to notify my credit card and bank. Apparently this person has no qualms about selling our information!

4th of Oct, 2010

yes, I just got scammed by these guys. Out 60 dollars.
    How do we customers go after fraudulent businesses like this?
    I won't to get these guys to shut down what they're doing to people!
    I am pissed off!!!

-John Wilson
    Northern Maine

6th of Oct, 2010

The actual phone number to cancel membership for Credit Diagnosis is 1-888-530-2890. The phone number they list on their site to call for memebership cancellation is for Allstate. I had to call my credit card company to get the actual phone number.
    I received an email from Credit Diagnosis with no information minutes after signing up...entirely blank...and then attempted to "easily and instantly" access my credit score info online only to find that it isn't so easy nor instant...required to enter SSN and other personal info. I called to cancel memebership within minutes of signing up (for "free" credit scores to be sent to my email within "seconds") only to find the number they list on their site for cancellation isn't theirs. I wonder if written complaints to the Attorney General's Office or to the Better Business Bureau would be helpful to cease this fraudulent company's practices.

6th of Oct, 2010

Addendum to above comment:
    When you call the toll free number I listed above...they will ask for phone number, email address or Credit Diagnosis account number...I gave them the account number...didn't feel a need to give them more of my personal info...they provided me with the reps name and a confirmation number which I have written down...they also emailed me a confirmation of cancellation with verification numbers...I will also keep that info...I have already spoken to my credit card company so they are aware...if I find charges from Credit Diagnosis on my credit card I will call my credit card company with all the pertinent info I have for cancellation of CD membership.
    Hope this info has been helpful.

22nd of Oct, 2010

All -- see BBB report regarding this. The Parent company is Vertrue Inc. It took a lot of detective work to find this out. I have also submited a claim with the BBB.