Credit Card Services / Phone solicitation

We have received numerous unsolicited automated calls from Credit Card Services on our home telephone number despite the fact that our number is registered on the National Do Not Call Registry. On two occasions I have answered the calls and gone through the menu options until I'm speaking to a live operator.

During each phone conversation I have requested that Credit Card Services take our phone number off of their calling list, at which point they immediately hang up on me.

I do believe that Credit Card Services is a scam. They certainly are jerks on the phone. See:

Comments

• Kr
      2nd of Aug, 2009

If you're on the DNC list, make a complaint about a violation:

and:

That last one on the FCC website is what I always used. It takes a while to fill out all the information, but it's worth it.

2nd of Aug, 2009

Thanks for the tip, krisp. Done that. :-)

• Ha
      17th of Aug, 2011

How can I get them to stop calling. I get two calls per week and sometimes I get two in one day.

• Dh
      8th of Feb, 2012

I have received these calls on a regular basis with the same result when I politely request to be removed from their list. I, too, am on the national DNC list and have registered complaints numerous times (as I am sure many others have done).

As they say, "locks are for honest people." In other words, reputable telemarkerters honor the list, and the others don't. I suspect many people have registered complaints about Credit Card Services and other unscrupulous telemarketers. Given the state of our government today, I seriously doubt that any investigations or punitive actions are undertaken. That would require funding.

The best policy is: When that 866 number with the "unavailable" name pops up on your caller ID, let your answering machine take the call.

• Dh
      8th of Feb, 2012

Just want to add: If you let your answering machine take the call, these callers will usually just disconnect without leaving a message.

• Fi
      7th of Sep, 2012
    Credit Card Services - They will not stop calling here
    Credit Card Services

At least twice each week I receive a recorded message from Credit Card Services telling me I must call them immediately to repair my credit with a 6.9 rate. They offer a denial option by hitting 3 on the keypad. IT DOES NOT WORK!!! Always at dinnertime of late in the evening the calls come in. I tried to be nice and did contact them as directed in their message. The person I reached was as nasty as you could ever imagine. She kept repeating ” do you want to repair your credit now?’ Every time I tried to explain to her my wishes she got louder and nastier repeating the same statement. When I finally yelled to stop calling me that I was on the do not call list, she just laughed and said tough, now I will call you everyday and slammed the phone in my ear. They will not stop calling here.

2nd of Dec, 2013

In the last 2 years we get at least one phone call a day from Credit Card Services. We have let a lot of those calls go to our answering machine, without any disruption in their calls. I, too, talked to a "customer service" representative, told them to put our name on their DNC list, and the lady got REALLY rude, then abruptly hung up. I got one call on my cell phone, and was given the option to not receive any more calls, I don't understand why that option is not available on our home number. I want to know how to get this to stop. Who do we complain to??, or who do we report this to that will actually do something?