Credit Activation Hotline / Scam and cheating!

United States Review updated:
4.15
I received an unsolicited voicemail from them and returned the phone call. The computer generated message began by asking for my banking information and social security number. The system would not allow you to speak with a live representative. I became leary and disconnected the call as it seemed odd that you couldn't speak with a person, and only could enter your information. I am definitely checking my bank account over the next couple of days to make sure that nothing is taken out.

Comments

Ti
  13th of Feb, 2008
I Recieved a call on my cell phone, how was that generated. How could I be approved for credit with out my ssn being given. I will be looking at my phone bill as well for disturbances or calls as well.
Am
  30th of Mar, 2008
This place called me @ 12:05 a.m. requesting my bank acocunt info! INSANE!!! When in the HELL would do this ~ if so I AM SORRY, bUT... get real! THIS IS A SCAM and please report them as soon as you can to anyone and everyone! I just recen;t had mu info. basicallt stolen, so this FREAKS me out! I ahve NEVER received such a call until then! I will be getting identify theft places on my credit due to this and a "certain" social worker" w/a local hospital in SC! Again, do NOT EVER give out your "personal info" EVER. ~ ALWAYS get EVERTHING in WRITING!!!
Ei
  2nd of May, 2008
Just checked my home voice messages and found a message from this company--Credit Activation Hotline--saying that I had been awarded a $10, 000 auto loan/cash advance. It was an automated call and when I called back found it impossible to speak with a live person. The option was given to continue the call however I hung up.

I have 3 adult kids living at home; one has told me he did not make the call--have not asked the others. Don't know if they generated the call but will be warning them against this company.
Wa
  7th of May, 2008
Received 3 messages in past week from Credit Application Hotline. Responded to 3rd message by calling 877 number provided and got recordings. However, when touching either of the 2 choices the responses were "thank you" followed by disconnect.

My next action is to report to FCC, including fact that they ignored the "Do Not Call" list. I suggest everyone do the same as FCC needs a number of complaints before they initiate an investigation.
Mi
  19th of Aug, 2008

Credit Activation Hotline - Unauthorized charges and repeated calls
Credit Activation Hotline
Spokane
Washington
Phone: 509-443-4863

My number is on the National Do Not Call list. Everyday for the past month, I have been receiving calls from them. Even though I have tried using their "remove my number from your calling list" option, the calls continue. Is there any way to stop this? I thought companies were supposed to incur fines/penalties for not checking call lists against the Do Not Call List. I just want this to stop!