Credit Acceptance / Scam and cheating

In July of 2008 i had my car for a month made my car payment on the 1 if august, wich was my first car payment ever. Paid my note that morning. Me and my family were inside a cell phone store when we came out there was a tow truck and lady standing by my car and had it hooked i asked what was going on she said they were there to take my car. I had told them i made my payment that morning showed them the receipt she tried calling it in whom ever she talked to said it did not show in their computer she told me off went my car. The next day i called credit acceptance and spoke to a lady named audrey she told me i had to pay an extra 700.00 to get my car back. That was the first run in with this company. When i got my car back i called the audrey again and i had asked her if she could set up automatic withdrawal from my checking account she said no problem and i was thinking ok GREAT so everything was going ok for a couple of months until oct.2008 i checked my account nothing was taken out called them back they said they put it threw that morning i said fine waited a couple of more days still nothing was withdrawn. Calle back asked to speak with a supervisor said no one was available called back 2 days later asked to speak with a supervisor again they gave me to a person named Gabriel seemed she knew what she was doing was i ever wrong. She told me they never did automatic withdraw from checking accounts i asked if i could use my debit card she said no. She told me they only take western union and money gram and i said thats bull u know what! To make a long story short i still don't have my car they told when i called the 1st time i had to pay 1375.00 and now its up to 1675.00 i refuse to pay this money and i would urge anybody who wants to buy a car if the salesmen tells you the company is credit acceptance RUN!!

Vi

Comments

Kk
  26th of Feb, 2011

u know i had the same problem with them, i bought my car in oct 07, and the bad thing was my husband was deployed i needed a car and went a picked it up that night from the dealership, well to my surprise that morning i got up to go to work got on the interstate and this car was bounceing everywhere... got to work and one of the guys came out and looked, said my tires were down to the wires, so i called the dealership they told me i bought it AS IS... so i called CA they pretty much told me the same thing, so not only that but my tail light was busted out so that cost me a ticket, and 165.00 later and a lil over 300.00 for new tires, we were transfered to GA and the car was getting worse, so now with the car not turned on at all you step on the brake and it makes this horriable sound... so my folks told me to turn it back over to them and they bought me a better truck... but now CA is trying to get the rest of the bal from me and now i have to pay to have a medatoir talk between me and there attorney... i am planning on filing a lawsuit agianst them cause i turned the car back ove in jan of 09 and the are saying that i did it in april.. i wanted that piece of crap ASAP

Do
  3rd of Mar, 2011

KKSMOMMY2008 - Did you not test drive or LOOK at the vehicle you were buying? It's not up to credit acceptance to pick the vehicle for you...that is totally up to you! All they did was pay for it...so, when you buy something and borrow money from someone to buy it, you have to pay them back, whether you have the item still or not. It's your fault you bought a piece of crap, not credit acceptance's. You buy as is when you buy used.