Credit Acceptance / harrassment calls

I got a loan a while back from credit acceptance if your 1 day late they will call your job as they have mine several times a day, it is a business and ive asked several times dont call my job at which when you ask them to not call your work they shouldent.

After hour calls are made and on weekends as well even on a sunday. Each caller is very hatefula and nasty to talk to. Ive had calls up to 10;00 pm.

Little did i no when you do on line banking it takes several days for the payment to go through at the time i didnt know that.

If calls are made to harrass me at work after i so advised them i cannot get calls at work a man talks to a co-worker, stop this because it vilotaes the law on telling a co-worker my business.

De

Comments

29th of Jun, 2009

I have had "customer service" people actually yell at me when I tried to explain why my payment was goign to be late. They are the most rude people I have ever had the joy to deal with. I would rather walk than finance through them again!

• Am
      5th of Mar, 2010

We have had the same exact issue with them! They call CONSTANTLY if you are one day late! A couple months after we got the car we were a couple days past the initial due date and they came to our house and tried to tow it less than an hour after we had called and paid our monthly due! What is the point of the second notice of "if late you have to pay x amount" if they dont even let you pay a couple days past the initial pay date!

Also one time they called and I told the lady i was planning on paying as soon as i returned home and she started on about "You know the car is equipt with low-jack right, the car can be shut down at any time" Excuse me b**** im pretty sure i just told you i was going to pay my bill today!

• Se
      3rd of Jun, 2010

I had the same problem with them and I was with them for almost three yrs! I finally paid my car off and they were suposed to send me my title in 30 days! 30 days came and went so I called to find out what the hold up was a woman said they never sent it and is gonna put another request in for my title and told me to wait 30 more days! Well another 30 days has passed and I still don't have my title so I called again an another woman said they have never received the title from the dealership so I should receive an lein rleases in the mail and which I never did so they r sending one so they say and then I could go to motor vehicle to get a duplicate copy of the title. I said well that cost for me to do that and u ppl told me that when the car is paid off you would mail me my title! Needless to say I will never deal with credit acceptance again!

• Wa
      24th of Nov, 2011

credit acceptances unfair collection practices should be reviewed by an attorney and submitted as a class action suit. I to have been through the same degrading, harassing practices as you.And to you righteous ones who say shut and pay your bills or let them take your vehicle YOU TO SHALL FALL AND YOU WILL MET THE WRAITH OF CREDIT ACCEPTANCE!!!

20th of Aug, 2018
    Credit Acceptance Corporation - Service and product
    Saukvillage illinois

Purchase 2005 Volvo late to find out car had been in accident and over 5000.00 in repairs done at volvo dealer in Orland park IL
    Futuremore credit acceptance continue to sending letters states 60% off over 12000.00
    Still never revived update on credit and claims they sold car for 2.500.00
    Maggie Taylor

• Au
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Credit Acceptance Corporation - Customer Service Representatives

Every single representative I have talked to has been rudely ignoring my questions about my account. I am scared I will lose my car because they can't give me a straight answer like "Is this the amount I was supposed to pay for an overdue bill?" All I got was the lady going back and forth between two numbers instead of telling me yes or no.

1st of Sep, 2018
    Credit Acceptance Corporation - Superior protection plan
    Columbus
    Mississippi

They told me when I purchased the car the warranty supposed to cover everything, I had to spend $498 to get my car fix. Water pump, everything dealing with the cooling system.