Creative Vacation Solutions / Fraud and lies

Almost a year ago I tried to sell my tahiti village timeshare with Universal Marketing Solutions with a man called Jay Bernard and 6 months went down the road with my $1300 down the toilet. I have charged back my credit card from my Amex and fortunately got my money back but then a couple weeks ago I got a call from another group of scammers called Creative Vacation Solutions. I told them there spiel and pitch sounded the same as UMS and hung up on them.

I did some research on the internet and found out that one of the owners of UMS Jennifer Kirk her relative owns Creative Vacation Solutions and also found out that the Department of Agriculture has put a cease and desist on Creative Vacation Solutions and slapped a huge fine on their ###. Whatever you do do not pay or give out your credit card to Creative Vacation Solutions!!!

He

Comments

4th of Apr, 2009

i am writing in reference to this complaint. i am an employee with creative vacation solutions. i want you as potential clients to know that we are the only company that have bought and sold family's timeshares in the united states of America. its to my understanding that there are company's that DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SELL AND BUY AS WELL RENT timeshares.

As for the D. O. A. it is there job by law to make sure we are licensed to operate professionally and legally.As well we are license and bonded.The D. O.A. Will go any where they need to go to make sure TELEMARKETING the job its self is a legit company

• La
      7th of Apr, 2009

We do not have anything to do with that company whom you went with. Please do not give us a black eye for what another company did or did not do for you. To prove that to you sir, we will sell your timeshare for you at our expense at fair market value. Please contact us at customerservice@creativevacationsolutions.com and we will have this sold for you within 60 days or less and prove this myth to be untrue! Also feel free to contact DOA cease and desist is untrue 9 trainees (not on the phone) out of 600 employees were awaiting their licenses in the mail and they were ALREADY PAIDED FOR so everything is in compliance!!!

• Ta
      10th of Apr, 2009

The exact same thing with the same set of companies has happened to me. I will be MORE than willing to allow Creative Vacation Solution to sell my timeshare (at their expense) to dispell these more than accurate "rumors". I received a call just this morning from a Cody Banks of Creative Vacations Solutions with the same speil as Universal. After a lenghtly conversation, Cody was unable to answer my questions and secure my credit card information. After reading this particular comment about "Hermon's" situation, I tried WITHOUT success to contact ANYONE from Creative Vacation Solutions. I also believe this company and many other so-called timeshare sellers to be "FRAUDULENT".

10th of Apr, 2009

I just got a call from Creative Vacation Solutions (Mark LaCerra) with a spiel that sure sounds good. I will make him an offer he can't refuse.

I will pay him his $1, 287 up front fee to clear title etc, as HE SAYS IS REQURIED BY FLORIDA LAW but in return I want a money back guarantee that they will refund my $ if it is not sold within 6 months.
    The 2nd otption is THEY pay at their own expense, the $1, 287 fee and when it is sold, I will reimburse them out of my proceeds from the sale price in the $28, 000 to $29, 000 he is telling me he can sell it for.

• Wi
      10th of Apr, 2009

I put $1, 287 down on March 15th 2009 for the sale of my Wyndham Resort. I had been togged and hassled by so many of these people until i finally decided to give this a shot with a company named Creative Vacation Solutions, a company out of florida. I went with these guys and luckily after the thought of losing hope, i was contacted by the person who said they would be taking care of the whole process from start to finish. and my Timeshare was SUCESSFULLY sold. I am excited and am giving Creative 2 thumbs up.

• Da
      17th of Apr, 2009

I am in the middle of discussing a similar sale of my timeshare with a Creative Vacation Solutions representative, but I can't get past the almost $1, 300 upfront fee. I see William says he had success, but looking for more success stories or a way to pay the fee after the thing has been sold. Any suggestions?

• Ti
      20th of Apr, 2009

i have been really sick over making this decision to sell with this company. I have tried 3 other company's not one has called me back . This is my last company im trusting i dont have the money to just give away. i hope that i will be able to write back and have a good report. do not trust in US TIMESHARE MANAGEMENT, UNIVERSAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS, BML MARKETING COMPANY not one of them have called me or have i ever seen results

• Ph
      20th of Apr, 2009

I was told by Creative Vacation Solutions that they could sell my 1 BR unit for $17k. I was told they had pre-approved buyers. I was told they had an A rating with the BBB. I was told they worked on site at my timeshare and had buyers waiting. I only had to pay the $999 up front to check the deed and I would be reimbursed that when the sale went through. I was told they had been in business since 1994.

I called my timeshare. They have never heard of or worked with Creative Vacation Solutions. There are three units identical to mine for sale with the facility for between $1500 and $2500 (so $17, 000 is way out of touch as I suspected). I was sent a link to their rating on the BBB website, it is actually for another company called Creative Vacations based in Tampa who has been in business since 1994, not Creative Vacation Solutions based in West Palm Beach (which gets a C not an A) who has been in business since the fall of 2008.

Read the "employee" responses above. I mean really. This looks more like a scam than before. And, if they have a pre-approved buyer, why do they need the money upfront? They have a sucker who is going to pay them ten times the going rate for a timeshare in this market and then pay them an extra $1000, why do they need my money...if it was real they would do everything they could to get my property so they could close the deal.

Sorry, I don't believe it.

20th of Apr, 2009

I didn't believe them either: they had a requirement for an up front fee of $1, 267 (what an odd figure and why is it different than other up front fees, in fact why aren't they all the same ?? They told me mine was worth between $28 and $29, 000 yet I see them listed and for sale for as low as $1, 500 and not selling. Stay away from any company that wants an up front fee. NO QUESTIONS - they are all scammers. If you want the real scoop on these guys and how to sell your time share etc., go to a group called the Timeshare Users Group. I believe it is www.tug2.com - THEY will give you lots of good information.

Also stay away from Timeshare Sales Inc out of Boca Raton, Fla. I checked them out on the national Better Business Bureau site and they had 104 complaints three days ago.

tjsmolich@yahoo.com

20th of Apr, 2009

Correction to my above post - the company is called Timeshare Travels, Inc. out of Boca Raton, Fla., NOT the company I named above. See link below for recent information about them or chekc themn out on national BBB site for 104 complaints.

• Sh
      20th of Apr, 2009

Creative Vacation Solutions sold my timeshare in 3 weeks! I recieved my check in the mail 2 days ago. It does take sometime for them to contact you but u have to be patient. They are the number one company in Florida that sells timeshares. I give them 2 thumbs up!

21st of Apr, 2009

How do we know that you do not work for them and are just promoting them as part of your job ?? IF what you say is true and they did sell your timeshare - YOU GOT LUCKY - no maater whom I have talked to, or what organizations involving Timeshares I have contacted - they all recommend against paying any up front fees.

PS - I would love to have you post a copy of that check as proof or fax me or email me a copy, THEN I will consider them to be somewhat credible !! tjsmolich@yahoo.com or fax 1-206-426-5557.

• De
      21st of Apr, 2009

If anyone actually have their timeshares sold with Creative Vaction Solution, can you send me proof of sold unit to "dsipraseuth@yahoo.com". I am not sure if they can really sell timeshares or claimed to have buyer for my timeshare and want upfront fee of $1287.

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2009

I have had my timeshares sold and I am from the northeast. We as the family had just got tired of the scams with the economy the way that it is anyone can say just about anything I bought into the cvs company and they did take about 4 months bought it was done I think they use these walk throughs that they have up here in Milton valley. A lot of negative feedback is bad for any company and what do you think no one is going to believe you when you say that yours was sold. Just think we all believe that one person that had the issue with the wrong rep or sales person just as when you go into a bestbuy and they sale all the cell phone carriers and you ask for a plan and then they turn around and put you on the wrong plan you still go back because it the reps fault not the company. I am an AT&T general manager in Wisconsin and let me tell you something these guys are just like you and me word of mouth travels far and even further when it is BAD so if you do not want to give them a try then quit winning and get a life keep it your loss not there's ML

21st of Apr, 2009

My goodness David Clifton - Aren't we a little testy - almost makes me think you got taken too. Show us some proof that these guys from CVS (and I do not mean CVS Pharmacy) sold your timeshare. Fax or email the sales contract from closing or a copy of the check to me at tjsmolich@yahoo.com or SargeUSMarines-all@Yahoo.com or to my fax at 206-426-5557 so I can post it for everyone to see or stop your BS because without proof - that is all you are doing. You call it whinning BUT most of the folks that are "COMPLAINING" are doing so because they have already been taken at least once by these shysters. For all we know - you are one of their employees and are just trying to justify their alleged credibility. If they were "so good" why would they have to pay back almost $200, 000 in up front fees ?? If they were so good - why would there be a cease and desist order against them from the Fla. Atty. General ? I say to you - put up some proof that they sold yours or shut up unless you have something REAL to contribute., NOT the standard NEastern arrogance and BS.

• Me
      22nd of Apr, 2009

My name is melinda anderson and I got a call from CVS in december 08. I paid 1287 to sell and do title work on my Surrey Grand Crown unit in Branson, Mo. I waited exactly 67 days before my wire trannsfer posted. My sales agent, Nichol Williams was ver accomidating and helpful. How people whom didn't give this company a chance could bad mouth, or put down a company they haven't dealt with is wrong. They also have my El Cid property in Mexico listed which they listed for no charge. I investigated them and they have sold over 134 properties in jan-march 09. They have NO correlation with the universal solutions mentioned earlier and did get me a refund from BML mktg which charged me and did nothing. So before you bash a company check them out or give them a chance. I give the outstanding review and so did my attorney. My sales rep Nichol was sweet and honest.

• In
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Recently I've been getting calls from a Gary Nixon with C.V.S. Say he got the info on my time share for sale from Global Marketing Solutions, who he says has gone out of business. Global scammed me for $400.00 a couple of years ago. Gary says he has a buyer already set up for $34, 400, when the highest it was advertised before was $15, 000.00. Of course, he want the $1, 267 or whatever up front. Yeah, right!

When I got taken by Global before, and also by Jared Ryan Properties (slick telephone salesman: Steve Green) I contacted the State of Florida who referred me to the state Attorney General's office. They were suprisingly accomodating, and said they've had an ongoing problem of fraudulent practices occuring with this "industry" for some time. Their perfectly clear and strongly worded advice on selling time shares, "Don't ever do business with a company or individual who wants money upfront, i.e. before the sale of a timeshare." These guys ought to know.

22nd of Apr, 2009

I was JUST approached by Creative Vacation Solutions. I've been trying to sell my Wyndham timeshare for over a year so understandably, I'm anxious to see it gone. I'd been duped by Universal Marketing Solutions a few months back but FORTUNATELY, I was able to get my money back from my credit card company. I told the rep that his spiel sounded like the one I got from UMS. He quoted me the last few digits of my card which made me suspicious that they might be the same company. When I told him I couldn't put any money down "to get the process started" (he didn't quote me a price but $1200?? C'mon, people! That's crazy!), he put me on "hold" but I could hear him talking to someone else on another phone and he said, "Can I call you back sir? I've got my wife on the other line & we've got to figure out daycare for our 5-year old son." They're not a scam. Of course not. DON'T GIVE PEOPLE MONEY UP FRONT!! When you do that, they have absolutely NO incentive to sell your timeshare.

• Mr
      24th of Apr, 2009

All you people sound like you are full of s*&t!!. You spread nasty rumors like you're all a bunch of self proclaimed fraud police!! Get a life and stop taking out your frustrations on real companies!!

• Gr
      24th of Apr, 2009

I have just started doing business with CVS. I am very anxious to rent my unit and they do sound too good to be try...which usually means they are. But I need to make this finally happen and I have given my money to these folks in hopes they will do what they promise. Stay Tuned.