Creative Labs / Never again

When I purchased my Zen Touch 40 GB mp3 player from Creative two years ago, I thought it was perfect--great user interface, sturdy, easy to use. However, I am currently unable to add new music to my player due to owning a computer that runs Vista. Any solutions available require potentially hours of work and/or access to an XP computer, but are still unclear to me, as a fairly experienced computer user, how to install the fixes.

Before several days ago, I had not used Creative customer support for any reason concerning my product, so I was appalled when the "personal reply" I received said that I was over the allotted time period to receive help with my product, but I could pay $13 for half an hour of consultation.

As a company, Creative needs to make customer service a top priority if they expect repeat customers. Because of the difficulty I had while using the online help and Creative's unwillingness to provide customer support, I can honestly say that unless customer support becomes a priority for Creative, I do not intend to purchase anything more from their company.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      19th of Jul, 2008

I am also having issue with Creative Labs and am taking it to the BBB, FTC, and Attorney General:

Complaint Description:
    I purchased a Creative Labs media player in May 2008 and the screen went blank by July 2008. Creative labs claims I broke it but it suffered no physical damage - It was
    a faulty LCD screen and poor craftsmanship. Creative is refusing to honor the warranty. They delayed even responding about my player - I believe it may have suffered
    further damage in their possession and they dind't know what to do - hence no update - and a cover up. I am requesting my player to be replaced since it's now looking
    like it may have broken in Creative's possession.
    Your Desired Resolution:
    I am seeking a replacement player - I believe Creative Labs may have had something to do with the futher breakage of the player.
    This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for

• Ca
      4th of Dec, 2009
    Creative Labs - Faulty Product, Tech support

Creative make great products, when they work, if they don't, good luck to you.
    I spent hours trying to get some help for my Zen 16gb mp3, after finding a UK number, i was redirected to singapore where a script was read to me. The same script on the Creative Labs website. MP3 still freezes, Creative refuse to help.
    I'll never buy another creative product, no Tech support, No investment in their own products (try to get a docking station for a creative zen, there arn't any, yet creative make a number of i-pod docking stations, what gives?) and hit and miss build quality. I always considered anything but I-pod when buying misic, players, not anymore. Get an I-pod, avoid Creative...

• Na
      25th of Jun, 2010

Hi,

I have something interesting for you, RupeeMail!

It’s really amazing! You get paid to open & read the contents of RupeeMail. You receive promotional offers & special discounts in RupeeMail.

Interestingly RupeeMails will reach you based on the preference list you opted for.

Create your RupeeMail Account & refer your friends to earn launch referral bonus on every new registration.

Try this... http://www.rupeemail.in/rupeemail/invite.do?in=NjEzMTczJSMla1lDRXdBdEthbEo4czZkVGlYVXlNZkhicg==

RupeeMail, It pays