Creative Home Arts Club / canceling membership repeatedly

1 Minnetonka, MN, United States Review updated:

I'll write back if my efforts work. I have attempted to cancel membership four times through phone call to their membership services phone number (they now have one and it's not difficult to get through). However, even after several phone calls, not only requesting they cancel membership, but cease ALL correspondence, mailing, membership offers, books, magazines, gifts and samples, they still send me a book that I have to return at the cost of $4.00 to me, if I don't want it.

Today, I wrote a letter to every address I could find telling them if they did not cease all mailings within 2 weeks or call me, I would file a complaint with the better business bureau and seek legal assistance to remedy the matter. I've paid all bills on time and am sick of getting the books (even though they are nice books, I don't want them at $30.00 each!!! So instead, I'm obliged to return one every two weeks (at my cost) and once again request cancellation of membership.
Such a racket - they will be in court if they don't change their harrassing tactics!

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Mar, 2009

I have yet to get products to try out let alone keep. This is one of the worst scams I have seen. Before you sign up or send them any money read all the brochures they send you and all the fine print. Once you accept anything they send they just keep hounding you and try to get you at a weak moment to join. They are not true to their word and I would not recommend anyone to join their club.

• Vi
      30th of Oct, 2009

I HAVE THE BILLING 360.00 MEMBER FEE AND TO PAY DUE FOR163.18 A MONTH FOR AMOUNT NOW DUE I CANT BE AFFORD TO PAY ALL I DONT NEED THE BOOK TO MAIL ME OUT ALL SO I TOOK IT BACK THE BOOK BUT I DONT NEED TO PAY ALL AND I WAN TO KNOW TO PAY FOR 24 DOLLARS A MONTH