Crate Furniture / Scam

1 Petersburg, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-627-5161

Last April I came across Crate Furniture on the web. I emailed and ordered 9 swatches which were sent to me promptly, as I was looking to replace my This End Up furniture cushions. I called and ordered the cushions in May and was told they needed a check as their credit card machine was not working properly. They stated they would waive the shipping cost and that they needed the full amount since these were custom cushions I was ordering. It made sense to me.

I waited for 8 weeks (they said it would take 4-6 weeks) before calling to inquire about my order. I left my information on their answering machine. I did not receive a call back so the next week I got online to get the number to call again and this time, there no longer was a website for Crate Furniture!

Upon investigation I came across this website and notice others, too, have been ripped off. Total sum I lost was $565! I do hope these individuals are caught and justice and restitution is made for all of us.

Va

Comments

• Je
      20th of Aug, 2008

Rip off in June 2008. CrateFurniture came across as very helpful and professional. Quick return with samples. I also received a discount using a check to av0id shipping charges since credit card machine was down. These people took my $900 knowing they would not be sending product. Now on phone it states bankruptcy and to email with info. but of course the email does not go through. Not only am I mad about the money stolen from me, but I really wanted the new coushions.

• Sh
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Please call me if you have any information about this and I will share with you what I know. 843-532-8646