Crate And Barrel / Terrible quality of products

1 Paramus, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 201-986-2999

I purchased an expensive patio set that was manufactured with a flaw and failed prematurely. The store told me I should take the furniture into the house when it rains and when it gets cold. The tubular frame filled with water from rain, froze and burst. The customer service was non-responsive and finally called with the above inane response.

I am appealing with corporate and will take them to small claims court. Welcome help from anyone.

Va

Comments

• Fu
      23rd of Mar, 2009

ALL outdoor furniture is prone to this problem - especially anything made in China. This set is manufactured there.

Better quality products will not do this but you will pay accordingly.

Brown Jordan outdoor furniture will never have this problem and I believe there is a warranty about freezing.

Furniture Guy

• Mb
    Furniture - Delivery and Customer Service
    Crate and Barrel
    District of Columbia
    Phone: 202 415-8887

This is a copy of a letter sent to Crate and Barrel CEO regarding this horrible experience as a customer of C & B.

Mr. Gordon Segal
    CEO - Crate and Barrel, Corporate Office
    1250 Techny Road
    Northbrook, Il 60062

Dear Mr. Segal,

This is in reference to an order made back on October 6th (# 60076855465) with regards to the delivery of this furniture, which is still not clear when this will take place.

When the order was placed we were promised the delivery within 8 to 10 weeks. Obviously, the time has gone beyond what was expected to be. Thus, the purpose of this letter is to inform you how disappointed I am with my most recent experience at Spring Valley in Washington, DC.

After several weeks, I was informed today by a store manager (Ms. Ginger) we still do not have an ETA. The odd part of this situation is related to the lack of consideration sales staff, in order to untangle my difficult situation, not to mention the time we have spent trying to get this issue resolved, and most of all the holidays without furniture.

I clearly understand that orders can be delayed due to unforeseeable reasons. This is not the issue that distresses me; it is the lack of formality and professionalism on part of C & B personnel. Certainly, C & B should service their customers with attention, particularly when anyone encounters a problem under similar circumstances.

This has not been an example of the previously formal, devoted and well mannered C & B employees have encountered previously. All the hard work and excellent service provided by other employees in the past, gets obliterated by such actions impacting the image of your business, due to your horrendous customer service.

With all honesty, this is the first time that I encounter adversity of this type as customer. To conclude, believing that the unpleasantness is behind me is hard; I which I would have never purchased the furniture at C & B, and hopefully you can help me in obtaining my full refund.

From a concerned customer

• Ge
    Crate And Barrel - Package not received
    Crate and Barrel Online

After not receiving my order for three weeks, I contacted their office. No apologizes were offered, I was just told that I will have to wait 7 weeks.

I sent another email at week 5 stating that my order was still not there and that I had received three orders from other companies AFTER I ordered from them, and they did not respond.

My package arrived at the end of the 7th week. They did not even have the decency to follow-up to see if I had or had not received it.

• Co
    Crate And Barrel - delivery
    Crate and Barrel

You have a store in Richmond but I can not pick up my order anywhere in the state of Virginia? Don't bother ordering anything sizeable from Crate and Barrel if you have a long narrow driveway that doesn't accommodate a semi truck. They will not allow you to meet the driver to pick up your item nor will they will accommodate by sending a box truck that can navigate a narrow drive- even though their closest pick up dock is several hours from their store. I'm willing to pay their $250 delivery charge but unless they can pull their 18 wheeler truck up to my front door, they want me to make a 6-8 hour drive to pick up a sofa. There are plenty of other options out there.

• Fu
    Crate & Barrel - Flawed Chair
    Crate & Barrel

Crate Barrel continues to drag out their customer service complaint process which my wife and I made with their delivery of a flawed Eiffel Chair ($2000) and just a plain bad-egg Streeter Chair ($1200) that sits horribly and is completely unlike (in basic comfort) than any Streeter Chair we tried in both Pasadena and Rancho Cucamonga stores. They finally sent out an “inspector” who said there was nothing wrong with the Streeter — so my wife and I are of course totally “wrong”. As I previously states, but for emphasis I repeat myself: this chair doesn’t feel or sit like any other Streeter chair we’ve sat in, but we have been “wrong” in our judgment of that. That’s a great response to a customer complaint. So now, if we want to return it, it will cost us $250 in “restocking fees.”

• Vl
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Crate & Barrel - Double rewards point day not honoring
    Crateandbarrel.com

Got a post card and email saying double rewards days, bought some expensive furniture and they gave us regular points. they tried to deny that offer and said to take 6-8 weeks for dispute.