Crate And Barrel / Horrendous Customer Service

United States Review updated:

Last November we ordered a wedding present from a registry list at Crate and Barrel. The gift was sent but not to the intended recipient. With in a month after shipping when we realized the gift had not arrived we started calling Crate and Barrel. They said no problem we will research it and get back to you. For weeks we heard nothing. Then they said the bride had to call not the person who placed the order. the bride is active duty Army and has had a very unconventional schedule since her wedding. She called twice but was never able to reach the right customer service agent. So, we called again and they again said well let us research it. We are now 9 months into this situation and still no resolution. Finally, today, they said a manager would resolve it next week. Unfortunately, when I questioned further the rude customer service agent more or less told me she was just trying to get me off the phone and I really didn't have a claim because they had already delivered something even if it went to the wrong person. I have over the last 50 years had disputes with other similar businesses such as Nordstroms and Restoration Hardware. They were always invariably polite and had the issue settle within a matter of days. I was appalled by the way I was treated by todays Crate and Barrel Customer service rep and further appalled that they have let this issue drag on for months. They have completely lost my respect and any confidence I may have had in them as a company.

Comments

Apr 06, 2011
    Crate And Barrel - Inferior quality of outdoor pots and other decorative items
    Crate and barrel
    New Jersey

Supposedly outdoor terracotta pots similar to ax184 available at the stores now and item#ax187 Terra cotta bird wall tiles which I had purchased last year and used outdoors - as meant to be, have lost their top coat. They just pealed off after one season. For a company that boasts quality, this is intolerable.

• Ec
      Jul 11, 2011
    Crate And Barrel - Worst company ever
    Crate and Barrel

BUYER BEWARE!!!

DO NOT purchase from them
    they dont stand by their products dont offer any kind of legit warranty customer service is nonexistent 4 months trying to get a bed fix and nothing but lies and waiting !

• Ke
      Mar 13, 2015

I had a poor experience with their third party delivery service and when I called customer service, they were rude
    beyond belief. I cancelled my Crate and Barrel credit card and will never shop there again.

• Ke
      Oct 15, 2015

I am shocked there are only three complaint for this store. I have only shopped here two times in five years and both times the service has been memorably bad. As I write this I have been on hold with them for 1 hour and 15 minutes, but I only blame myself for this mess. I went through this before and decided to try again...surely they've changed. This business' failure is plain old bad customer service. Reminds me of Circuit City before it joined the dodo bird in the land of extinction