CRANE BANK LIMITED / CHEATING IN THE NAME OF EMPLOYMENT

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir,

I was selected by above Bank to work as operations manager and gave me lucrative package offer, for which I left my 25 year old service in bank in india.

However when I actually joined above bank on 21.04.2009 the bank didnot provided me any work till 14.05.2009 and finally terminated my service saying that I was found incompetent and asked to pay airfare and agent commission incurred by the bank out of my pocket. This is in voilation of the agreement which says if the management terminates services of any expatriate except in case of a fraud, then they will pay three months salary as compensation, but above bank asked to pay out of whatever megare amount I took with me before flying to uganda.
The return airtickets were arranged by my family members and I finally returned to india. I have already filed and FIR in Mumbai india and sent an registered letter to indian embassy in uganda, but it all went into vain.
I tried to reach the directors of the bank via facebook but received no response.

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Apr, 2011

Ha ha ha, Sudheer sucks, and A R Kalan is another sucker, it was your mistake taking up employment without doing a background check of the great Crane Bank. The bank of the year and all that rubbish. you didn't ask who gave them the bank of the year award. you were asking for it. at least you can make this a warning sign here. you are not the first and you will not be the last. I remember when I was working for the hotel division in finance - they fired a Chef who was working with the Taj for 15 years and they offered him a handsome salary and when he came there they said that such and such amount would be deducted for housing and some other crap and he worked for half the salary he was getting in Taj and he worked for 3 months and he had a tough time. ... sudheer is a sucker of blood.

• Na
      29th of Aug, 2011

How safe is working with the great crane bank, I have been offered an appointment from the Crane bank and they are conducting interviews in and around India in various places. He has not told that the job is offered only in uganda . But the advertisement has been given in indian famous daily times of india stating opening of 66 branches in and around the country. It is not specified that it is in uganda or in India. Any one please tell me that whether it is safe to work with ugandan crane bank.

• Ro
      21st of Feb, 2012

they even do not have operation's and the staff seems to be doubtful in india

• Ra
      2nd of Mar, 2012

hi me too got a job offer from this bank as a chef is it true or its a fradulent kindly let me know

• Fa
      14th of Mar, 2012

hi ranjit...can u provide me ur number so that we can discuss on this issue...even i had got a call for chef's recruitment...

• Fa
      14th of Mar, 2012

I think there is no problem with the recruitment process...they looked very professional but still we need to check before signing the contract letter...

• St
      5th of Jun, 2012

Again they are going to conduct interviews in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. How many poor Bankers are going to fall in the prey.

6th of Jun, 2012

Dear Girish

Kindly update me regarding the status of the bank. I am having an interview with the bank next week.
    Pl advise whether I can take up the offer & what is the salary that should be negotiated.

Thanks & Regards

9th of Jun, 2012

Dear All,
    I have been called by this bank for an interview next week for ops manager.
    The feedback received by me is
    they dont pay salary at time.
    they remove staff without any notification and do not even pay 3 month salary as per contract
    they treat indians as slave.
    they have only 19 branhes and are in need of 15 branch operations manager and they had recruitment last year also for this post.
    then where are the employees who has joined last year.
    Pls guide whether all these allegations i have heard is true?I am working at a renowed bank in india and am not in a financial strong condition to bear job loss.
    Hence pls guide whether to attend interview and whther to join if selected.
    what is the salary to be negotiated if going.
    Cost of living etc.
    Also provide some1's contact no. who is working at this bank now.

9th of Jun, 2012

Dear All
    I am also waiting for someone's contact no who is working there?
    regards

Dear kakarlapudi,
    Pls let me know if u get any details about this bank..

• Ya

speak to placewell conslt

10th of Jun, 2012

already had talk with consultancy but they do not have any idea about this.

11th of Jun, 2012

Heard the tax in Uganda is 30% on the gross salary. need to check & confirm the same. If it's true we need to bargain for the salary accordingly.

• Ya
      11th of Jun, 2012

For any clarifications, queries etc, you can always contact or escalate the matter to 6thstreet@cranebanklimited.com (contact Mr. Babu, Branch Manager, Crane Bank Limited, 6th Street Branch, Industrial Area, Kampala, Uganda : Mobile No: (+256)756777800) by marking a copy to recruitment@cranebanklimited.com

13th of Jun, 2012

Hi, even i had got a call for an interview. They have assigned the recruitment process to Placewell HRD consultants in India & they are not willing to give any information on Crane Bank. It is quite surprising to see that the bank does not have any HR person, instead the contact details of a Branch manager has been given. Would request you all to kindly advise on whether to take up job with this bank or not (if offered).

• Sk
      14th of Jun, 2012

I have got an offer from the bank for Ops manager with salary of USD 1600 per month. I am also confused what to do ??? Only an employee of that bank can help us to decide. Please help.

• Bo

after tax u will get only $1100 whihc is not affordable

• Sk
      15th of Jun, 2012

No they clarified that this is after tax...

• Bo
      15th of Jun, 2012

Anand please contact some one working over there and also let me know the status.I am also called for an interview 2morrow.
    Please check and let me know immediately if u get any details