Craigslistspersonal assistant

Thanks for your interests in the office assistant position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I have had a previous Personal Assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Nicholas Ben, 45, originally from Australia, but I have spent a whole lot here in United State. I'm a qualified Legal Practitioner by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.
As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
*Scheduling programmers, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
Basic wage is $500 a week

I'm currently in Honk Kong, China now for a summit and would be back to the state in about 2 weeks, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibilty means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'd want us to meet up on Yahoo chat as soon as possible so we can discuss this extensively, more so it's easier for me to convey information once i'm online. My Yahoo ID is the same as my e-mail address, [protected]@yahoo.com. It may be a little difficult working out the time difference between us initially, with time however, we should get used to it.

I'm online most of the time when I'm not out or in a meeting so we should be able to have a chat sooner than you think. Do try to keep a date. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss.I am also glad on the commitment in working.

I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home, I do that every month .The funds will be in form of Money Order or Cashier's Check and it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds, You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store arround you so you can mail them out.

I will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Full Name:
Address:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Current Occupation:
Age:
Email:

Once i received all the asking contact information above, i will get back to you with the task for this week and i hope you understand you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get to the states.

I will be waiting to read from you,

Best Regards,

Nicholas Ben

Comments

• Da
      Apr 02, 2009
    Danielle - Lying
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]
    rr.com

Yes I have had some one take money out of my account from this company and I do not recall saying ok for someone to take the money if you can please help me out that would be great. The amount was $68.98 .

Danielle Watson

• Sh
      Sep 03, 2009
    Craigslist - Lying
    drop dead dani
    Safety Harbor
    Florida

she is putting up fake ads on craigslist and is telling people she is older and harrassing them and claims she has kids...really she is a thief and trying to steal animal to resell

• Vo
      Sep 07, 2009

How do you know any of this? Did she steal & resell your animal? How does she harass people?

• Da

None of this is true.

• Vo
      Sep 07, 2009

i caught her with my dog that was stolen.. and lets just say what she was doing on the back porch was disgusting and it would be better if she got a boyfriend to do that kind of thing for her.. but i guess in her mind a tongue is a tongue.. she was also hitting on my 67 year old father.. someone needs to monitor her

• Fa
      Oct 03, 2009

some people are spamming every thing I list on craigslist...asking if I need a job or need help selling items. I fed up with this & want it to stop, This happens everytime I post anything. How do you stop it?

• Bo
      Nov 03, 2009

An Aussie should have better writing skills than that.

• Ki
      Nov 03, 2009

Seemed weird to me too! I googled him & found this board thanks for podting it!!

• At
      Nov 05, 2009

I recieved an almost identical response to an ad i responded to. So i do think it is some sort of fraud or scam. the email i received reads as follows:
    Hello,

Thanks for your interests in the PA position i posted on CL, I deeply appreciate your genuine efforts on applying for this job position.

I just went through your resume and i think you have all it takes to be employed for this job position, I need PA to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Jones McGarry, 54 yrs of age, originally from Chicago, Illinois, I spent a whole lot of my life in California. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

Basic wage is $400 a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in the UK now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

If You will be available for this job position, send me a confirmation e-mail to my private e-mail box : [protected]@surveylinks.info

• Re
      Nov 16, 2009

I did as well..

From: Marc Donald <[protected]@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Mon, November 16, 2009 5:20:20 AM
    Subject: THANKS FOR RESPONDING TO MY POSTING

Hello,
    Thanks for applying for the post, I quite I appreciate it. I received and read your e-mail and it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go.
    I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills.

I'm Marc Donald, 54 yrs of age, I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my assistant, your activities among other things will include:
    *Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
    *Scheduling pro grammes, flights and keeping me up to date with them..
    *Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.
    *Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
    *Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
    *Basic wage is $500 a week .

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in New York. I will be back in Three Weeks.

I think you're the right person for this post, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you
    can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges.. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'm on line most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer to we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month.

The funds will be in form of Money Order or Cashier check, it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds. You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out.. I will get you more information on that.
    I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Full Name:
    Contact Address NO P.O BOX:
    Zip-Code:
    Phone Number:
    Occupation:
    Sex:
    Age:

Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week. Please understand that you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?
    Please get back as soon as possible...

• Sh
      Nov 16, 2009

have we really not figured out that finding a job on craigslist doesnt work?

• 09
      Nov 29, 2009

Nov 26 - Part-Time Personal Assistant - <
    Nov 26 - Part-Time Personal Assistant - <

Mr McGarry e-mail me too :-)

From: [protected]@officeliveusers.com

Basic wage is $400 a week

If You will be available for this job position, send me a confirmation e-mail to my private e-mail box : [protected]@officeliveusers.com

• 09
      Nov 29, 2009

Another SCAM:

sam patel [protected]@gmail.com

Company Name ; RPC Group Ltd

Detailed Job Description – RECEPTIONIST

The primary goal of the RECEPTIONIST is to provide local customer
    support to our clients within North America. This includes providing

- Forwarding of the Payments
    Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission
    and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose
    information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to
    complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence
    You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly
    reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and
    are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:

trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email
    in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks
    you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments,
    along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be
    forwarding the received payments through wire service.

-Salary
    During the trial period, you will be paid 1, 800USD per month while
    working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission
    from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your
    base pay salary will go up to 2, 400USD per month, plus 5% commission.

-Taxes
    You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All
    applicable taxes are covered by the company.

- To Apply

Gender:
    Personal Email Address:

The employee, acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
    and signed _______________
    (First Name and Last Name of Employee)

• Uk
      Nov 30, 2009

I received a similar email.

• Ap
      Dec 02, 2009

What is this all about? I just received the same email in response for an Office Assistant position I applied for on Craigs List too. Why would they be asking for an email confirmation? When I first read the response to my application, something didn't feel right. Now after reading all of these posts I am convinced that something is not right! Thank you everyone for submitting comments, I wouldn't have known otherwise!

• Th
      Dec 02, 2009

I also recieved the same email under the alias Jones McGarry about a month ago. I took is lightly and the person said we would meet face to face soon. But in the meantime he wanted me start my duties. I was sent a check for $1700 US Dollars ($400 was my weekly pay and the rest should be sent out to an orphanage)
    This is all hella weird, after that I told them to never contact me again and i will report to the police. What should I do, the check is a money order written to me .

This is the email

How are you doing, hope you had a good sleep last night, I am pleased to inform you that the funds for the orphanage and your weekly payment has been sent and you will be getting it today unfailingly via USPS courier service here is the tracking number EO [protected] US) . The payment was sent to your home address, so ensure you stay at home today so you can sign for the delivery of the package and proceed with your first assignment.

However, I have been contacted the orphanage home two days ago by the administrator of the organization, she told me about one of the kid under there care that as a heart disease, she made me to understand that the kid need to undergo a surgical heart transplant which as to be carried out next week, i promise the organization administrator that i will do anything i can to help out by providing some fund to them along with the normal monthly contribution i use to do .

Have been given the list of the items they needed, The items are much and it will cost a lot of money to get them shipped, so i reached an accord with the administrator that they need to get all those items them self since they knew am not in the country for now, She agreed that they will be getting the items themselves.

Have made it know to them that i have a new personal assistance that is working with me in the state .

As for now, i don't need to send you the list any more, since they will be getting all the items them self, i think that should be a relief for you, what you have to do now is to process the check payment that was mailed out to you, you have to do that as soon as you receive the check in your mail today, you can have the check cashed at your bank or any check cashing place you can find around you .

You will have to deduct you weekly payment of $400.00 from the total amount ($1, 700.00 ) you have on the check payment, the remaining fund is for the orphanage home which is ( $1, 300.00 ) .

After you have the check cashed remember you have to deduct your weekly payment of $400, the rest of the fund is to be transferred to the administrator of the orphanage home with the information below, Note : you will have to deduct the transfer charges from the fund you are transferring through Western Union, do not pay for the transfer charges with your money .

Below is the Orphanage Western Union information to transfer the funds to...

RECEIVER'S NAME: LAURIE ANN MURPHY
    CITY: WESTBROOK
    STATE: ME
    ZIP CODE : 04092

Kindly get back to me with the Western Union MTCN #, Total Amount sent, the Sender's Name and Address use for the fund transfer, all this information will have to be emailed to me, i will need to pass down those information to the administrator of the orphanage home .

I will be waiting to read back from you asap and i also have some other assignment for you to carry out for me next week.

I want you to be rest assured that I'll never stress you at all in any assignment given to you and i promise to pay your fee weekly as we both agreed.

Take good care of yourself and have a blessed day.
    Waiting to read from you soon .

Thanks,

Mr. McGarry

Dec 04, 2009

i just got this same email... Daniel Gray! I found the listing on Craigslist as well...my concern is that I sent my resume and this freak has my info

• Lu
      Dec 05, 2009

I to applied for a job with my resume and I got the response from Sam Patel. I thought it looked strange but my boyfriend said it was fine so after sending my info again( it's already on my resume) I got another message.

This was the original email I recieved. I thought it was strange I couldn't find this company online.Company Name ;  RPC Group Ltd

Detailed Job Description –   Receptionist/Clerk

The primary goal of the  Receptionist/Clerk is to provide local customer
    support to our clients within North America. This includes providing

- Forwarding of the Payments
    Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission
    and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose
    information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to
    complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence
    You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly
    reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and
    are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:

trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email
    in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks
    you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments,
    along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be
    forwarding the received payments through wire service.

-Salary
    During the trial period, you will be paid 1, 800USD per month while
    working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission
    from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your
    base pay salary will go up to 2, 400USD per month, plus 5% commission.

-Taxes
    You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All
    applicable taxes are covered by the company.

- To Apply

Gender:
    Personal Email Address:

The employee, acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
    and signed          _______________
            (First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Then I got the as my next email.

Your Information was reviewed and You've qualified for our Payment
    Personnel Position.i want you to acknowledge that you are working for
    RPC Group Ltd as a  representative that will be in charge of all
    payment coming in your area, , Please we will like to know how honest
    you are and how can we trust you with our funds. Also we will like to
    know how often you get on the Internet because our job requires much
    checking of your email.

Please answer these Questions below...

* Can we trust you with the money?
    * Will you deposit the check the same day you get  it?

An instruction on how to cash any check that would be sent to you by
    any of our customer would be sent to you in our next email.After you
    have answered the questions above.

Please get back to us as soon as possible.
    Management.
    RPC Group Ltd

• Tx
      Dec 05, 2009

I received the same message too!
    what is this!?

Hello

Thanks for your interests in the position, I'm so sorry to not get
    back to you ontime, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me
    monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.

I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her
    activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she
    has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to
    find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Gary, 60, originally from Frankfurt, Germany, but I have spent a
    whole lot in the United State. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have
    been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in;
    from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to
    various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get
    my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy
    assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;
    *Running personal errands, supervisions and monitorings.
    *Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.

A compensation of $26 Per hour

A separate Basic wage of $500 every two weeks

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically
    about instructions and following them, my only fear is I may come at
    you impromptue sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up
    with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on
    trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time
    goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we
    should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started
    officially.

I'm currently in the Frankfurt, Germany now for a summit, however, I do
    have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will
    be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our
    working relationship.

Gary McDonald.

• Ba
      Dec 05, 2009

Did anyone cash the money orders?

• Vi
      Dec 05, 2009

omg i got the same thing, i applied to this modeling job for a magazine and they contacted me within a day and told me they want me to work with them...etc.. after a few emails where exchanged we reached an agreement to start the process of the magazine and was sent 3 money orders, which where $850.50 each, and it totaled to $2550.00 and they told me to keep $700.00 for myself and the rest of the money will be sent to me as soon as the modeling gig was over, hes emailing me to this minute telling me to cash the money orders and keep my part and send the rest asap!! to start the process, and looking at the responses here i came across the same exact name and address to his SO CALL PERSONAL ASSISTANT LAURIE ANN MURPHY... and the same exact address which is in MAINE..i was planning to take the money orders to the bank to see if there real, because i refuse to be swindled...

• Vi
      Dec 05, 2009

I to was caught up in a fraud, by a fake Photographer named TONY LONG.

• Br
      Dec 07, 2009

I have received the same email response from Jones McGarry on December 2. It did not seem legit to me either so I have not yet responded. When I was trying to research him I found this site. Thanks to all who have posted info. Hopefully all of these posts will save someone else from getting scammed through this racket. Pretty creepy!

• Ca
      Dec 08, 2009

I received this same Craigslist Personal Assistant email: THE SCARIEST PART IS LIKE MANY OF YOU, I SUBMITTED MY RESUME WITH HIGH CREDENTIALS (SUCH AS MY GRADUATE ACCREDITATION MBA)... THIS IS SCARY!!! WHO SHOULD WE CONTACT?

from Janet Cole
    reply-to cole.[protected]@gmail.com
    to
    date Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM
    subject Re: Craigslist posting: Personal/Administrative Assistant
    hide details 12:42 AM (13 minutes ago)

Hope you're having a pleasant day today

You contacted me applying for the position which I advertised on
    Craigslist. Do take time to go through this introductory mail and
    feel free to pass any questions on.

I'm Janet Cole, 48, a divorced mother of 2 wonderful kids, a successful
    entrepreneur and investor, a member of the Angel Investment Network. I'm
    also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and
    outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need
    someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially
    when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities
    and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since
    moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found
    her previously on the craigslist website and I
    sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as
    efficient as she has been.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All
    correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The
    position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from
    your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also
    hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit
    in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.Most of your activities
    will be carried out locally and most official packages will be delivered
    via posts. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and
    financial life.

In summary, your activities as my assistant amongst other things will
    include;

* Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
    * A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me up
    to date with them as they come up;
    * Carrying out specific projects and research;
    * Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely with
    management and other staff related to me;
    * Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
    * You will also be a part of my household and a helping hand to issues as
    they arise.

Basic wage is $500 a week.

Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you while on
    an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each
    working week.

This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact
    number of hours you will be doing, just bear it in mind that there will be
    busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is basically
    about instructions and following them, my only fear is
    that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be
    able to meet up with my irregular timings. There is also a very sensitive
    issue on trust, dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve
    itself as time goes on.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to
    arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in England now for a project, however, I do have a number of
    things you could help me with immediately, prior to my arrival.

Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the
    following details about yourself for my personal record update and to
    filter applicants;

Marital status
    Age

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it
    certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working
    relationship.

Dec 08, 2009

I got the same email as castillian. But the alias on my email was Michelle Brown. But the email address was the same cole.[protected]@gmail.com. I to sent my resume but to a different email address then what was on the reply.
    This is very disturbing. I was taken by a scam several years ago and I will not be fooled again.
    It is sad that they chose to make this sound like a job when so many people are out of work.
    To any of you who have received their checks/money orders DON'T CASH THEM. Go to your bank and ask them to authenticate them BUT DO NOT DEPOSIT OR CASH THEM. Explain to the branch manager your suspicions. Keep all the information that you have been given along with copies of the money orders/checks. Make sure that you have it in writing with the branch manager at the bank you go to. Then go to the FBI and advise them of what you have. I was told by the FBI what to do if I got anymore. I received on last check from the scam that got me for over $48, 000 and I am telling that when I went to the bank and followed the FBI's instructions it all worked out. I was in a bad place until the FBI helped me. They had taken me for a lot of money that I did not have. But thanks to the FBI I was able to get the bank to wipe it off my record.
    This is a great place to list something you think is a scam or to find out if something is a scam.

• Ly
      Dec 10, 2009

I just read your email and I will receieve a check/money order tomorrow. How are they scamming us? Obviously, I will not cash the check/money order. But I am curious as to how they will scam us if they only have our name, address and phone number.

Please email me back lynzee.[protected]@gmail.com

I really appreciate it.

• Do
      Dec 12, 2009

I got a variation of this same email after submitting my resume for a PA position in Philadelphia. The name on that email was Randy Pittman. Because the letter was so poorly written and the writer seemed a little too anxious to employ me sight unseen, I was suspicious. A brief search brought me here. I am so glad that I did not respond to the email first but I'm wondering what, if anything, I should do about it. Thank you to everyone who posted here because otherwise I may have pursued this lead for employment. Also, I am not especially thrilled that these people now have a fairly good snapshot of my background and qualifications. I'm wondering if I am in an danger of identity theft?

Dec 12, 2009

I recently responded to "Gary McDonald" with references. I hope they don't get pulled into this scam! Here are the two emails I got from him.

• Go
      Dec 13, 2009

Hey! I received the same email from Randy Pittman from the Philadelphia area and I responded that I was interested. I received an email asking me to send over the same personal information listed above. Because he never answered any of my questions regarding his business dealing or setting type of meeting, I became leery and decided not to send him anything.

Thank you goodness I decided to research him and found this site. Thank you all for coming forward and sharing this information with everyone.

• Br
      Dec 15, 2009

Scammmm>>>>Janet Cole

i was recently contacted by janet cole as well in regards to a personal assistant job which was to pay $500 weekly. i thought the job was real. i just started to get suspicious about 15 min ago when i called fedex for about the 5th time today about a package that i was to receive friday morning. i did not receive it so i got an email this morning friday afternoon in a apoplogy to the inconvience.I got the tracking number this morning.fed ex confirmed that there is some fraudulant activity going on.
    I googled her and it seemed lagit. i just found this site... im grateful that i did..

EMAIL 1:
    Janet Cole to me
    show details Dec 4 (11 days ago)

Hope you're having a pleasant day today

You contacted me applying for the position which I advertised on Craigslist. Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on.

My profile briefly:

I'm Janet Cole, 48, a divorced mother of 2 wonderful kids, a successful entrepreneur and investor, a member of the Angel Investment Network. I'm also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the craigslist website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.

Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities as my assistant amongst other things will include;

* Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
    * A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them as they come up;
    * Carrying out specific projects and research;
    * Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely with management and other staff related to me;
    * Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
    * You will also be a part of my household and a helping hand to issues as they arise.

Basic wage is $500 a week.

Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working week.

This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing, just bear it in mind that there will be busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust, dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the following details about yourself for my personal record update and to filter applicants;

Marital status
    Age

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working relationship.

EMAIL 2:
    Janet Cole to me
    show details Dec 10 (5 days ago)
    Dear,

I am glad to inform you again that your contact details have been reviewed and will like to congratulate you as my new P.A, Your first assignment has been assigned to you Kindly acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail.Once Again, Congratulations.

FIRST ASSIGNMENT:

You will receive a Check tomorrow on my behalf from a Client of mine, as soon as you receive the check locate a nearby store around you to get some toys, I want to donate them to an orphanage home, I will get you the list of what to get at the store upon the confirmation that the check has been delivered to you

You were sent a Cashiers Check which would cover your payment of $500 for the week and also for the duty you are to carry out. Once you receive the check, you should cash it at your bank, and deduct your $500. and use the rest of the money for the services. Upon receiving the funds, the list of items to be bought will be forwarded to you and also the Name and address of the Orphanage Home.

You would have to keep a comprehensive record on every activity you carry out. Please send me a reply asap as the payment has the payment has already been sent and will be delivered tomorrow...

Yours Sincerely

EMAIL3:
    Janet Cole to me
    show details Dec 11 (5 days ago)
    Hello,

How are you doing today? I hope you are having a great time, I am pleased to inform you that the funds for the orphanage has been sent and you will be getting it any moment from now via FedEx courier service. The payment was sent to your home address, so ensure you stay at home so you can sign for the delivery of the package and proceed with your first assignment.

However, I contacted the orphanage home and I was given the list of the items needed, The items are much and it will cost alot of money to get them shipped, so we have reached an accord. They will be getting the items themselves, all you need do is just to receive the payment, have it cashed at your bank deduct your $500 for the week plus $50 extra which I will tell you what to do with it later, and then you have the remaining funds sent via western union money transfer to the orphanage home.

Below is the Orphanage Western Union information to send the funds..

RECEIVER'S NAME: Terry Camp
    ADDRESS: 22 Jalan Ipoh
    CITY: Ipoh Road
    STATE: Kuala Lumpur
    COUNTRY : Malaysia
    ZIP CODE : 67000

when sending the funds, ensure you send it using the money in minute option

Kindly get back to me with the Western Union MTCN #, the Total Amount sent, and the Sender's Name and Address as soon as you have the funds sent.

I will be waiting to read back from you Asap and i also have some other assignment for you to be done Next Week.

Take good care of yourself and have a blessed day.
    Kindly get back to me Asap.

Thanks,

EMAIL 4:
    Janet Cole
    show details Dec 11 (4 days ago)
    Hello,

How are you doing, I am very sorry to keep you waiting throughout yesterday, although the package was suppose to be delivered yesterday but if was delayed due to the inconsistencies of FedEx courier service, Everything has been settled now and you will be getting the package on Monday Morning unfailingly, I will Email you with the tracking number and also the western union information for the orphanage once again.

Sorry Again for the inconvenience, it wont happen again.

Thanks and get back to me immediately to confirm you actually read this message.

Thanks

EMAIL 5:
    Janet Cole to me
    show details 7:16 AM (6 hours ago)
    Hello,

The package has been rescheduled and it will be delivered any moment from now, Here is the tracking number [protected]. Log on to www.fedex.com/us to track the package. As soon as you receive the check, Have it cashed at your bank, deduct $550, $500 meant for your weekly salary and $50 extra, I will let you know what to do with the $50 later and and then you send the balance left to orphanage, Here is the orphanage western union information once again.

RECEIVER'S NAME: Terry Camp

when sending the funds, ensure you send it using the money in minute option

Thanks

• Ca
      Dec 16, 2009

I have been dealing with Stanley Grimm...I also sent back my information (its on my resume) and he sent me a 3, 5550 dollar check. He wanted to me keep $500 and send the rest on to some man in the United Kingdom. I did not do it after I researched him and found out this was a scam ( which it seemed that way all along). Here is the first email I recieved.

Hope you're having a pleasant day today

I'm Stanley Grimm, a relatively successful entrepreneur and huge investor in the real estate market, also a member of the Angel Investment Network. I'm a private research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule..

Basic wage is $500 a week.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm currently in England now for a project, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with immediately, prior to my arrival..

Martial status

Stanley Grimm

• Be
      Dec 17, 2009

Well i was scammed by the Janet cole too!. I received 2 checks of $3, 220. I suppose to send it to an orphanage in Malaysia. I told my account what was going on and he told me not to cash the checks, it was a scam. Thank Goodness i listened to him. I reported "Janet Cole" to the FBI and the FTC. FBI said to save all evidence of what happened. Worried the person might come to my house since they know where i live. This helps, at least i wasn't the only one who got screwed over.

•   Dec 17, 2009

This is obviously a scam and highly questionable at best but I still can't figure out how they frauds would benefit from having us cash these items for them and forward money orders along after taking our payments? If they 'cash' and we get the money and then forward the rest on to an orphanage or wherever, legit or not, where did we get scammed?

I am eager to understand this so someone please email me to let me know how we can be hurt in doing this: [protected]@gmail.com

• Ve
      Dec 17, 2009

Here's another one for you. I fell for the first email and replied. But I've learned now not to trust Craiglist.. Seem to good to be true...

Hello,

Hope you are having a pleasant day today.

I received your e-mail and it was a pleasure hearing back from you. I hope this marks the beginning of a good working relationship all together.

From the details you have sent to me, I would want to give you the opportunity to be my new assistant; I do hope my decision will be worthwhile. I'll be using the next couple of weeks to test your efficiency and diligence towards this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'd want us to meet up on MSN chat as soon as possible so we can discuss extensively, more so it's easier for me to convey more information when I'm online. My MSN ID is seline.cowell, do send me a friend's request as soon as you are able to. Due to the time difference, It may be a little difficult working out the exact time to meet you online but with time however, we should get used to it. I'm online most of the time when I'm not out or in a meeting so we should be able to have a chat sooner than you think. Do try to keep a date.

I hope we can get a head start with things as soon as possible. I have had to put a hold on a lot and I would appreciate it if you can be available for me immediately. I do have a couple of urgent tasks for you which will include you making some purchases and payments on my behalf. You will receive a payment check and some money orders via mail which will also cover your wage for the week as well as all other purchases and payments needed to be made on my behalf. I will update you further on this giving you a comprehensive list on how to go about them.

My daughter also has a birthday coming up in 2 weeks, I have a surprise party planned for her so you will also be working hand in hand with the planner in organizing gifts and anything else for the party.

Kindly reply this e-mail as soon as possible to further signify your interests in working with me. I have a confidence in you and I am looking forward to a good working relationship between us. I hope you will be up to, perhaps better than my presumptions about you.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Regards.

Cowell.

• Ve
      Dec 17, 2009

This is the first one they sent me.

ello,

Hope you're having a pleasant day today.

My profile briefly:

I'm Seline Cowell, 48, a divorced mother of 2 wonderful kids, a successful entrepreneur and investor, a member of the Angel Investment Network. I'm also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

* General clerical activities.

Basic wage is $400 a week.

Martial status

Cowell.

• Jw
      Dec 22, 2009

I got sucked into this scam too.

I received a check today but i didn't deposit it and just ripped up the check and threw it out. I was wondering what to do about this whole ordeal.

• Ka
      Dec 26, 2009

I cashed the check, i dont know what to do now??? someone get back to me of what to do now?!
    [protected]@live.com

• Ho
      Jan 05, 2010

hey you guys...I just got the same letter from 2 different people today hoping that it was a real job! Each letter contains the same wording pretty much...that's how i know it was a scam right off of course once I got the emails! I am despereate to find a job and I'm angry that these clowns have wasted my time and they have my personal information off of my resume! The 2 letters are from Elizabeth Woods, 48, divorced, 2 wonderful kids, and an entrepreneur with Angel Investment
    Network...Steven Albertson, 47, lawyer that spent most of his life in Pennsylvania and also apart of the same Angel Investment Network...They sound so convincing. It makes you feel a little ticked and a little bad about yourself because when you've been out of work like me, you're lookin' for that break and when they answer, you think its the answer to your prayers only to find out they are scamming you. Craigslist must start monitoring their postings...its a good site for the most part but this has plagued their site for quite some time...What are they going to do about this? They need to post the complaint board so others will see this!

• Do
      Jan 06, 2010

the exact same thing happened to me, same working, same working situation only different name. YOu are right...now they have my resume, they can easily tract me know. Who knows what this could lead to.

Just trying to make a living and there is always some "Con" who feels it's cool to squeeze the little people.

• Am
      Jan 22, 2010

I got scammed too. Bryan Johnson out of Palm Springs - Angle Investment Network. The emails are all almost EXACTLY the same. I wondered why someone would send money to a person sigh unseen. More of the evil vultures that pray on people desperate to find a job these days.