Craigslist / deleted postings without notification

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

Craigslist has deleted nine of my consecutive postings under their services section even though I provide a legitimate financial service.

No notification or reason for deletion was ever provided. Craigslist did not respond to a single of my six emails on this matter.

My postings are deleted almost within the hour of being activated. I provide a legitimate financial service and nothing I do can be construed as abusive/ unethical/ etc.

Ri

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008

Craigslist didn't flag your ad, a competitor or someone who personally took it upon themselves to uphold Craigslist guidelines did.

One way to combat this is to have one of your employees monitor the section you advertise in, so they can 'top post' your ad as well as repost flagged ads.

Consider being flagged on Craigslist as 'Par for the course', it comes with the territory. :-)

• Na
      24th of May, 2018

@John This is the same kind of BS answer that CL employees give. And an equally annoying 'suggestion' that does not help. "What the community will tolerate" is another example of a BS answer that is equivalent to - "whatever we feel like" which is no policy at all.

• We
      16th of Sep, 2008

Same here and I have personally written emails to Jim, Craig and Mabel of Craigslist and to Susan Best at Best Public Relations. I know hot to creat GOOD public relations and I know how to create BAD public relations.

• Ti
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I totally agree with you. There is definitely harrastment issues towards people posting ads on craiglist. For example, I had also posted jewelries to be sold on Craiglist and my ads was flagged without reasons. I had also emailed my concerns to abuse@craigslist.org with no response from them. I believe this is intentional and must address this issue to the owners of this site. Craigslist like ebay had becoming global commerce without some sort of control or monitoring of the kinds of abuse conducted by their customer services representatives which lead to persecution of people trying to make their livings on them in a ever shrinking global economy. This abuse issue must be addressed to the owners of these companies or to the government for an antitrust violation. If you like to reach me for a group class action law suit against them. Please contact me at komododragon89@yahoo.com

• Bo
      9th of May, 2009

They do that a lot. I posted a scooter for sale three times and the deleted each time. i only posted so many times cause they kept deleting. Am I selling too affordably and the other posters are flagging me? Craigslist is a load of crap. They delete for no apparent reason and without pre or post notification.

22nd of Jun, 2009
    Craigslist - Scammers and Phishers
    All over the US
    craigslist.org

Tired of all the scam artists, data miners and phishers. The company can't do anything about it. Certainly loosing their previous reputation. For those looking for jobs, please see this caution: http://sites.google.com/site/jobadscams/

• Wi
      23rd of Jun, 2009

its a popularity contest there and a monopoly driven site if you provide a better service at a better rate you get the boot and they just say go to the CL help area and they have a bunch of bullies there that are of no help at all and if you speak your mind your post get removed by CL staff because the CL staff dont want new people reading what CL is really about

• Th
      19th of Nov, 2010
    Craigslist - Tried to buy car on Craigslist, got scammed
    Craigslist

Tried to buy a car on craigslist via ebay. Got scammed. I sent a Money Gram, they cashed it, i never got ther car. I tried to confirm my purchase on ebay, they said the had no record of the sale or purchase. Even though i recieved sevral emails confirming my order from some one claiming to be ebay.

• Po
      19th of Nov, 2010

Those emails from "Ebay" are fake. Ebay does not use moneygram. Craigslist is an entirely different place entirely. When you visit Craigslist, it warns you of this very type of scam. I'm sorry this happened to you, but you should always be very careful and do your research.

• Ga
      22nd of Jan, 2011
    Craigslist - correspondence
    craigslist

I keep getting e-mails from craigslist telling me my account needs maintenance and to log in to my account. When I enter my e-mail address, it says I have no account. When I e-mail them about the problem, I get a long list of problems but no answer to my complaint.

• Ju
      1st of Feb, 2011

hey id like to get in touch with you so we can compare stories cause the same thing happened to me and theres gotta be a way to find these [censor] so when you get this email me at xoxo_julieth_xoxo@yahoo.com

• Th
      29th of Mar, 2011
    Craigslist - Cancels accounts with no notice!
    Colorado

CRAIGSLIST continues to delete my accounts with NO option of knowing WHY or any email responses???
    Their customer NO SERVICE is the WORST ever experienced! They will NEVER respond to any questions or service requests.
    If they can push a keyboard button to delete an ad, you'd think they could also push a button as to WHY?

• Po
      29th of Mar, 2011

If you're looking for a site with better customer service you may want to look elsewhere. Craigslist is a free service and in this case you get what you pay for.

• Al
      4th of Apr, 2011

Cl really needs to be sued for the physical aggravation they cause. The employees have a system now to which they send automated responses to any requests you have. I even threatened them with violence and got an auto response. The laziest company I have ever seen. I have 4 accounts that have been on "hold" for months !!! There is a NEW SITE CALLED UNCLE HENRY in New England that is really catching on

4th of Apr, 2011

Please join a user generated call for a Class Action Suit against Craigslist here:

Craigslist clearly allows abuse of the flagging system: they cornered the ad market (monopoly), does not allow paid ads that would make possible to replace arbitrary/abusive flagging practices with staff monitoring content, does not provide adequate feedback regarding how to avoid being flagged down (professional flaggers have taken over), thus it is seriously limiting and controlling the free market with negative effects. It has become impossible to run simple, tasteful (computer and other) service ads, Craigslist deprives users of making a living through stifling, censoring and limiting the advertising market.

• Dp
      16th of May, 2011

I posted my Mac computer on Craig's list yesterday and within 1/2 hr I was notified it was "Flagged and Deleted" with NO reason!!! I'm selling it with lots of CS3 Adobe software and it's a pretty new computer, so maybe I was underselling the competetion??? I have no idea WHY my add was flagged and am very frustrated!

• Em
      21st of Jun, 2011

i only had one copy of a ad up and it was ty beanie babies, vhs tapes, cooler, brand new body piercing jewerly, sony playstation 2 and they flagged and deleted all 7 of my ads and never sent me any emails saying it was flagged and delete

14th of Aug, 2011

Craigslist is a well-masked scam. Since Ebay bought their stake; things have gone downhill.
    ?https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/craigslist-c485315.html

14th of Aug, 2011

Final list of johnjustice recommended craigslist "alternatives":

a) ebay classifieds
    b) backpage.com
    c) pennysaverusa.com (very good)
    d) www.olx.com

I eliminated google checkout because it requires registration. I also eliminated oodle because of their discrimination of non facebook users and recycler because they charge for online only ads.

All four alternatives above make it easy and fast to post an ad online. I will wait and see if I get any responses to see about their effectiveness.

• Au
      5th of Dec, 2011

I am on craigslist under dating/romance. First of all, I just went to edit my profile, and add more pics, and it deleted me. I used 3 different email addresses. I get more responses on craigslist than any other sites, have found alot of good guys. I'm getting frustrated, because you can't get ahold of anyone. How do people sell stuff on here if you get deleted everytime? I believe in safety, but this is flippin ridiculous.

• Fr
      9th of Feb, 2012

This happens all the time on CL. It's not the service, it's the "community." If you go to the flagging help forum and read the posts, you will see why. The people posting there are like a bunch of little Eric Cartmans.

And CL will do absolutely nothing about it. They respond to no one but the cops, who, of course, scare them out of their pants.