Cracker Barrel / poor service

I took my wife for the first time to cracker barrel.she had never been.and her last.we went in and was seated.it took the girl about ten minutes to get drink order.and another ten to get to us.then after we order twenty minutes to.get food.while the other server on other side.helped and served.three other party's. Drinks and food.the time r server did ares. Then she said I she get another drink.which she never did.then vwe waited and.twenty more.for ticket when we left and I paid and signed receipt.cashier asked why I wasn't. I told her y.she called manager. And manager gave excuses.about being busy.the resturant wasn't even half full.she said they busy I could see they weren't. I emailed there home office they emailed back a change letter saying they appreciate. The email.it was a third party service answering there emails. So I won't ever be going back too cracker barrel.

Ca

Comments

1st of Apr, 2010

what's with the constant interuptions from the wait staff when you are halfway through your meal and absolutely cannot carry on a conversation because they are constantly trying to take your plates. they don't even ask, they just say "let me get that out of your way". do they think we are stupid and don't know that they are really trying to get us out of there? don't mind the occasional checking in thing but this is too obvious and it is rude. last time i was there, i literally had just placed my fork down, while in the middle of a table-wide conversation and the waitress said "let me get that plate" and grabbed it. i was getting ready to reach for a biscuit and had to lose my train of thought and ask her to either give me my plate back or bring me another smaller plate. i am sure the waitress wants to sit more customers but half the table wasn't halfway done yet. i will not be going back to cracker barrel anytime soon and probably never to this most recent one because i, the customer now feels like an ### for wanting to have a plate to eat my biscuit upon. cracker barrel takes it too far in the get you in - get you out routine, table manners 101 should be a required video for all the staff at cracker barrel.

4th of Mar, 2011

Get a job at CB as a server and you will understand that we have no choice to bother you. As "the staff" we all argue with them about bothering you too much. Our managers don't believe that you, the customer, are bothered. If we don't bother you and nit pick and rush you out the door, we are told to stop and see if shoney's is hiring on the way home. For the record, we servers from CB agree with you. They just your money, we wanted to serve you, (thats why we are servers in profession) but our employers won't let us.

16th of Oct, 2011

First off, learn to spell & use proper grammar, second of all 99.7% of guests don't know how the whole cracker barrel works internally. Maybe your server was new, maybe the grill was backed up & had a problem catching up, maybe your server had other tables they needed to attend to. When you go out to eat your not the other person the server has to serve. If you don't like waiting then cook your own damn meal at home. Alot goes on at cracker barrel & believe it or not but they are one of the busiest restaurants I've worked there for 7 months & have seen it all already. You don't like it? Stay home.

16th of Oct, 2011

@Brenda- besides the extra symbols my phone made from the apostrophes what else is misspelled? Dont try to pick a fight with me over the internet over something like this. Thanks.

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2011

Lol! really cbslave you came off as an ###. Don't compound it.

16th of Oct, 2011

In that case you shouldn't offer your services at all. You never did point out my mistakes though which I'm waiting for. You say to have someone with an education proofread my post? Are you that person? Be my guest please. Obviously you can understand what I'm trying to write on the other hand, the posting that is the main object right here doesn't make any sense so back off ms righteous.

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2011

Don't forget cbslave's run-on sentence.

16th of Oct, 2011

I'm pretty sure I have punctuation marks after my sentences.

17th of Oct, 2011

I'm not trying to sound like an ###, I'm just saying there ARE reasons that his service was ###. That's all. Goddamn some of y'all are ridiculous. Where I work there are servers who shouldn't be servers because they just can't keep up and lose their heads when they have more than they handle. No that's not the guests fault and I'm sorry you were one of them who had that kind of service. Unfortunately, like I said before there's reasons why it was like that. I wasn't trying to come off as an ### so for everyone who's attacking me over my opinion lay off. But it's an explanation

8th of Jan, 2012

I went to Cracker Barrel on January 6, 2012 for breakfast, which is my favorite meal. However, this was one time it wasn't enjoyable at all! Our service was the worst I've ever experience and my Bacon came out burnt, never got a refill on my coffee, took her forever to come back with anything that we request. But she wasted no time taking care of her other customers. when she did come back with a glass of water, it ended all over the table, on our clothes and some of our food. Sure, she gave a dry apology, and went to get napkins to clean up the mess, and that made more of a mess. She never had anyone to come get the water off the floor where we were setting. I looked around and there she was taking an order from another customer.

At this time, I was extremely upset! Ericka was her name, one I'll never forget... I got up went and request to speak to a manager and when he came to the table, I explain to him about the service that I had gotten and he apologized and stated that he would go talk to the General Manager, to see if she could accommodate us in anyway. I stated that it wasn't about that, but I wanted them to know about the poor service I had experienced. I waited another five minutes and she never came out and we waited by the hostess area. It was taking her so long, I went on to the ladies room, upon my return I requested to see the general Manger again to the hostess. At that point someone went to get her and she comes out stating that she had been looking for me and had thought that I had left. I told her it took her so long and that within the five minutes that I waited for her, that she must came after I went to the restroom. I went on the explain what had happen, and she stated to me that she was giving me this, and handle me a gold Crackle Barrel guest card. I took if from her and stated that she needed to talk to the young lady, and walked away.

However, I never looked at the guest card, until I got home. I noticed that the Guest name on the card was for (Hebert's Mom) written in black ink, and for the date that was written over in red ink (11/30/12), but you could see that the date that was originally written was 11/24/11 in black ink. So at this point I don't know if this will be accepted or not, I personally felt that they were only patronizing me ... If necessary, I can send you the gold guest card upon request, if needed.

Vickie Marsh