CRA Collections / continued calling wrong number/person

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

CRA calls continuously asking for a Phyllis Evert (or something like that). When we speak with someone from this agency they are extremely rude and even though we tell them this is obviously the wrong number and to discontinue calling us they continue. I have tried calling them and when I do speak with someone they hang up on me when I try to explain that this is the wrong number. I am frustrated and want it to stop and it seems there is very little recourse. I left a message with my congressman this morning to ask for his help as this practice should be illegal (probably is already). The number I am given when I dial *69 is [protected] but I don't get anywhere. Please call your congress person if you are also experiencing the same issues so that our voices can be heard.

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Nov, 2010

My friend, I went through this too, several yearsa go. Nothing worked but time.

I disciplined myself to screen all calls through the Caller ID feature on my phone, posting the agency number next to phone so I would recognize their incoming call. I did not pick up the phone until I was sure of the caller. It took a long time but "they" did stop. I have not had a call from a collection agency for over two years now.

I believe the reason for this demonic persistance is that they are convinced all people are liars. Probably some are lying so they do not have to pay up their debts. It does make life miserable for those of us who are not slackers with our debt.