CR England / Awful experience

United States Review updated:
CR England
I worked for CRE for more than a year, I never have had an accident or ticket with them or any other Co in 30+ years of driving. They are liars and cheats. Anything they tell you 'is a good deal for you' is not, it is to their advantage only. Co drivers get a per diem option, CRE takes 1.5 cents per mile out of your pay and makes it tax free and then only gives you back .5cents. They claim this is a handling fee, that works out to about three thousand dollars to them.

You can have a tax prep do it for $150.00. They tell you there is a 1 cent per mile safety bonus you get quarterly. They deduct 1 cent if you fail to take a monthly safety or get in an accident. When you call them for your bonus they tell you the truth, they only deduct for non safety not reward for safety.

LEASE OPERATORS BEWARE they pay 90 cents less 14 variable millage thats 76 cents less maint, insurance, fuel you will not make any money as a single driver and will make an insulting amount if you run teams and run very hard. They over charge you for repairs at their shops, and add a percentage to the so called tire program.

Forget going home, I went to work for them in Sept and the first time I got home was MAY!! They tried to deny that time till I went to Fatigue management and the only human in the Co came to my rescue.

There is a safety manager named Larry Luke who needs a stern silent lesson in respect for others. I am sure some day someone will give it to him. It is people like him and a lot of others that they need ARMED GUARDS to get into the corporate offices.

I am sure Chester England would roll over in his grave if he knew what his family has turned into and done with his legacy. I would rather work at WalMart that for CR ENGLAND, they are a discrace to the trucking industry and big business everywhere.

N  7th of Feb, 2010 by
I've been in and out of trucking over a period of 50 years. This is a new world of trucking. The complaints all of you are giving now can be applied to about 99.9% of trucking as a HOLE. The working world will never change unless the majority gets together. They haven't in my 50 years of trucking and I'm guessing they never will.
N  7th of Feb, 2010 by
Wal Mart is the same way. You'll find it everwhere you go.
A  18th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i tell you what, i signed the lease i got a 2007 pete it was white and i loved the truck my jake needed to be fixed as they never did that, alot of problems my SON and I were together on the truck and i was running solo. we were living off of that 100draw they have every week, we were STARVING on that truck and my dm marcus was a piece of work to. most of the drivers told me and warned me even my trainer quit few months after i was out there. amy got tired of it to so her and reese took off they were both trainers out there. It really still eats at me i got off the truck in oct of 2008 but i still miss my truck, was thinking of going with central at least they get a check...any comments feel free to e mail me at whitevette03@yahoo.com you guys all have a good day out there michelle ps long story short i NEVER got paid anything out there was running from 1900 to 3100 week killing myself with my son for NOTHING and they say i still owe them money..h...NO.
N  11th of Jul, 2010 by
I was going to send my 23 year old son to CRE training thinking he would be making a bunch of money and be set, but you all have made me change my mind. I'll just send him to class B CDL school and he can drive a dump truck or cement truck or something. And be home at night. Thank God for the internet or my son would have had to endure all that you all went through. Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences and I am sorry you had to go through what you did.

C.R. England Logo C.R. England