CPS Loan Servicing Center / Abusive calls!

I purchased a car from First Team Mitsubishe on July 5, 2007. My first payment was due on August 4, 2007. Due to an unexpected move, I didn't pay my first nor 2nd payment on time, the woman Clara Cardona from CPS called my mother and told her that she was going to report my car stolen and have me arrested, my mother freaked out and said please call them, so I did and told Clara Cardona that on friday I would be wiring $600.00 to CPS and then in 2 weeks I would wire $375.00 and then my payments would be caught up, she told me that when I paid the $600.00 she was sending the repo man to get my car, then she called everyday to harass me at work wanting to know if I was going to be paying on Friday, I told her I was very busy at work and that it wasn't necessary to keep calling me everyday rediscussing what I already agreed to do, then on Wednesday when she called I told her I was on my way to the hospital and I was having problems with my kidneys and she said oh, well, are you paying the money on Friday, I said yes, I was out from work for a couple of days and on Friday she called my job, my employees told her I was out sick, she accused them of lying and she called over 20 times in 10 minutes, she yelled at them, called them liars and called them stupid, and she discussed my loan with my employees. I want to sue, as my understanding they have violated many governed laws and my loan could be null and void. Is this true? I am really not trying to get out of my loan, I really do want to pay it, but this is unbelievable abuse.

If someone has some legal information or advice please email me at iamforuandme@yahoo.com.

Comments

• De
      15th of Jul, 2008

Was on the phone today as well with unexpected job loss was 2 months behind called to pay the bill letting them know the money was deposited today and would be avaliable tomorrow morning. The gentlemn then said i am suprised you still have it the repo guy must have gotten lost. Dont worry i will make sure he gets there this time. ect. ect.

• Sh
      7th of Oct, 2008

I agree this company seriously sucks. They are the most rude unprofessional bunch of characters I have ever dealt with in my life. I have been belittled threatened and my credit is now being tarnished. I am a very private person and my neighbors have been called and they know my personal business. They also weren't too happy with being called. With all these complaints there has to be a way to file a class action suit.

• Rh
      16th of Oct, 2008

I too am currently experiency harassing phone calls from CPS. My car payment is not even behind. My payment due date is the first of the month. I receive harassing phone calls within just a few days if my payment is not there. I only get paid twice a month and I typically pay my car payment within 2 weeks of the due date and yet they still call me everyday at home and at work to inquire where their payment is. This is truly a horrible company to deal with.

16th of Oct, 2008

I completely agree with these complaints and i can relate to these customers' frustrations. I also have a loan with CPS Loan Servicing Center and was only one month behind on the payment. The reason that i was behind is because the representative that post-dated my checking information entered in the wrong info. Therefore the money was never deducted from my account on the date scheduled. I didn't realize the deduction had not been made until i was sent a letter in the mail from CPS saying that my payment is constantly late and these late payments will not be tolerated any longer. Then the letter went on saying that i needed to pay my loan amount in full. What???? I had no idea what they were talking about until i called and they advised me that i had missed a payment. They then discovered that the payment that i had post-dated was never deducted because of invalid checking info. We cleared it up, but I did not appreciate the threatening letter in the mail. I have had several car loans with various companies and from past experiences, if i fell behind on a payment, I would receive notification from the loan company alerting me to contact them if I needed assistance with bringing my payments current. They were very empathetic and willing to work wiht me and help me if needed. Not CPS Loan Servicing Center. I only received threats.
    On one occasion, I called to see if this company offered any payment deferrements to assist me when i was experiencing some financial hardships. They advised me that there were not offering deferments at that time because they had exhausted them all to the residents of Louisiana during Hurricane Ike. I could not figure out for the life of me what that had to do with my account. They are the pitts.

• Te
      30th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree. I also have an account with CPS, and after being only two weeks late on my car payment one person called and told me i better park HIS damn car and leave it there so they can come get it.

• Sh
      8th of Nov, 2008

I am also experiencing abusive phone calls as well from CPS. The lady called my daughters phone. How she got her number is beyond me. She kept calling her a lier and said it was me. She was very rude to her and made her so upset she cried. I finally got ahold of the lady and she said it was someone else when I told her I was taking them to court and suing them because to tell a minor my business is against the law. She gave me another girls name and got real nervous. They called that day about 40 or 50 times straight. I lost count how many times. I could write a two page report on what all she said to my daughter. Argueing with her that she was me, letting her know why she called, etc. I hope that this gets to someone who is higher up and they contact us. If you all have had any success on your account please let me know what to do. If I am 1 day late now she is calling the next day and she still calls my phone and my daughters. My daughters first so I am going to have to file suit I believe. These people need to learn how to treat people.

• Ka
      13th of Nov, 2008

I have had many rude, ignorant, stupid and down right uptight customer service people from CPS call me, and I find when you play their little game they get just as frustrated as they try to make us. Just a little wise rules of the road for all CPS Customers, write down each and every time they call, do not discuss anything before they are able to give you their name and ID#, be sure, if possible, that you are on a phone that can record the conversation and be sure that you jot down any and every kep aspects of the conversation. CLASS ACTION SUIT---Here we come. These heifers are going down. Work with me CPS customers/Victims. While this is going on-Find someone that is willing to refinance you.

• Ka
      8th of May, 2009

I agree with all of you with your issues with these ignorant people as they are out to keep their job while we are at the risk of loosing ours due to their incidieus behavior.But I think that perhaps we should try to get all of this taken care of once and for all by perhaps finding a way to get President Obhama involved if hes wanting to make good for this country lets see what he can do for us that are at the mercy of a bussiness that needs to be exposed once and for all to the world if you will I think its the best way to go don't you? I see it as the only way to shut them down completely and see whos laughing than when the people who work for this horrible company go down as they never saw it coming with us as the consumers watching them feel what we have been every time they would do this to us..So what do you all say we try this somehow and see if the President will take on this one..

• Wm
      6th of Aug, 2009

I agree with every single person on here. Thay are abusive and cross the legal line often. It is very hard to prove that they ahve broken any laws without recording the conversations. Depending on your state you have to notify both parites that the call is being recorded. Write them a letter and mail it vertified, tell them they can no longer contact you via telephone and they can communicate with you via mail so you ahve proof any everything. Then they will leave you alone. Best advice...refinance!

• Vl
      26th of Nov, 2012

I agree with everyone on this board...I don't have a car finance through this horrible company and thank GOD for that, but I have a family member that does. Since day one he has had nothing but harassing phone calls and threats even if he is a week late. I find it totally absurd and appalling that the employer let their employees handle consumers in such a manner. I feel like there is something that needs to be done about this company to where they can quit all the harassment and threatening calls...Also, not to mentioned calling one on their job and discussing their loans with that person's coworkers is definitely OFF LIMITS..I suggest to get in touch with your Attorney General or the BBB to see what measures need to be taken...