CPS Auto Finance / Harrassment

1 177 S Milford RdMilford, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 248-684-7483

I have read some of the complaints about CPS in [redacted]s. I can relate to them, because it sounds exactly how they treated me and my co-workers. I was a store manager and felt bad for my assistant manager well actually both of them were harrassed and both complained to me of how bad they were treated because they wanted to do something about it. I felt bad because felt it was my fault that I hadn't made a payment ontime. And I understand it's my responsibility, but they should have a responsibility to treating people right. Not treating someone they financed like a police officer would to a criminal. Only CPS is worse by treating the criminal like an animal but also treating bystanders like a criminal. I was gone a week for vacation and during that week my assistant manager had answered the phone and said I wasn't around. They again called and told him that he was impersonating me and they would ask if the car was there and they were going to pick it up. He got so mad that when they called again he asked to talk to the supervisor to tell about how rude and disrespectful they were and the supervisor told him that because he had such an interest in the case that he believed my manager was myself and take care of the problem then. CPS had called both my managers that they would be by to pick up my car and tell my business to them, I don't know what's legal or not. But I ignore their phone calls because every time I talked with one of them I felt like I was inhumane. Even another occasion I actually talked to one representative and she was nice and said to call her back with my account number so could make a payment. I then called back and they nasty rep. and the supervisor, I wish I could remember his name so I could tell you so everyone that has dealt with them would know, both told me they couldn't accept from my account because the last one didn't work and I had to use Moneygram only to give the money even though I explained the last payment didn't work because I had just opened a new account and accidentally gave them my savings account number instead of my checking number. I don't understand how they can be so bloodthirsty. DO NOT USE CPS! It's not worth it, do anything but use them.

Comments

• Ki
      1st of Jun, 2009

I agree. They called me as well and the message was made to sound like CPS - Child Protective Services so I called back in a panic only to find out that they were mad I was a couple of days late on the payment. When I complained to a supervisor he said they will use whatever they need to to get someone to call back. He was very aware that this method was being used. As a social worker I was very angry!!

• Jm
      18th of Jun, 2009

What they're doing and HOW they're doing it IS illegal.

I don't own a car, nor am I the person they called about and SWORE up and down I was "her". Do NOT use this service unless you plan on getting gray hairs BEFORE your time. It's frustrating. They make scathing remarks and say I am who I am most certainly NOT.

Seriously, avoid at all risks.

• Re
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I completly agree. I have a loan through this company and they are awful!! One time I was speaking to someome and my cell phone died, I was not at home where I could charge it and call back. When I did get home and turned my phone back on I had a nasty voice mail saying I was rude for hanging up on her and that's not how you handle business basically acting like she was my mother saying my account was now going in collections. Also I had called at the beginning of the year because I thought I had a late fee and I wanted to pay it and they said no your balance is current though when I got my next bill sure enough there was a late fee. Recently they are telling me I am a month behind and they call me non stop all day long. They will call my work phone and leave a message and then hang right up and call my cell phone and leave another message. Yesterday they went as far to call the HR rep at work!!! I have paid them twice in less than a month and plan on paying them again at the end of the month but that is not good enough for them they tell me they can not hold my account. I am tired of being treated like I haven't paid them in months. It's like no matter how much I pay them they are callng me in a week telling me I need to make a payment arrangement! I have not spoken to one nice person there everyone I have talked to is nasty and rude and they treat you like a low life.

27th of Oct, 2009

OMG so true Very rude

31st of Oct, 2009

I have hit a rough spot financially, CPS customer service reps(Joke), called me on my job and almost cost me my only means of paying my bills. I sent them 375.00 on a 394.00 monthly payment, they told me due to me failing to send them the remaining 19.00 they were moving my file into the repo department. I told them to come and get it!

• Na
      21st of Jun, 2011

Like everyone else, I too have an account with CPS. I was making my payments on time until I had some medical issues last year and got behind 1 month. Since then they have been calling me constantly asking for another payment. I paid them $742 in Dec; $509 in Jan, Feb Mar and $792 in May. I currently owe for June but received a statement that I was 3 months behind and there was a $796 fee (for what I have no idea) tacked on for a total bill of $2300. I have talked with them to no avail and as far as I am concerned they can come and get the vehicle. The harrassment is constant, they are rude. I even asked if I could split my payments in half and pay each payday, I was told yes and that they would send me the paperwork, I am still waiting (over a year now) for the paperwork. They don't want to work with people when you run into some financial difficulties. I too would like to join a class action suit against them.

28th of Jul, 2011

I AM FED UP WITH THEM, THEY CAME AND GOT MY VAN YEH I WAS 2MONTHS LATE BUT I ONLY OWED THREE MORE PAYMENTS ON IT AND IT WOULD OF BEEN PAID OFF!!! THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU, THERE ARE RUDE, CALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND TELL THEM ALL EVERYTHING WHICH I THOUGHT THERE WAS A HIPPA LAW ? NOT!!! BECUSE THEY CONTINUE TO GET A WAY WITH IT!! IMAGINE THAT!!! MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR A HARRESSMENT AND HIPPA LAW VIOLATION AND MAYME IT WILL STOP ALL COMPANIES LIKE THIS!!!