CPA Disaster Kit / false advertising and theft

I received a bill today for $99.95 for a kit that was not worth $10.00. If it looked like the Kit you advertised I would have said it was the best $1.00 spent. Pluss the $3.99 S&H.You never answered any of my letters and I am not paying $99.995 for junk. If you want me to return this kit I will. You promised to send a portable radio and blanket. Please resppond to this letter. If I do not hear from you by March 1, 2010. I will report this incident to the Better Business Bureau for false advertisement.
and for taking $99.95 without my consent. I called the phone number [protected] and the receiver John said there was nothing that could be done.

More CPA Disaster Kit Complaints & Reviews

Comments

8th of Feb, 2010

I ordered a disaster kit online for a stated charge of $3.99 and they charged my account for $99.95

• Ga
      13th of Feb, 2010

I was charged 99.95 for this worthless disaster kit that was said to be 3.99 plus 1.00 shipping and I want my money back...

This will be my last time ordering anything from anyone online!!!

• Bo
      14th of Feb, 2010
    CPA Disaster Kit - Tricky advertising unclear and scam!
    CPA Disaster Kit
    Arizona
    Phone: 480-459-4602

Tricky advertising that inventually charges your account an extra $99.95 for an original offered disaster kit for $3.99. The kit was only worth the $3.99. Very sad!

• Bs
      18th of Feb, 2010

Call your credit card company. I just got a credit for my extra charge.

• Le
      18th of Feb, 2010

I WAS SCAMMED ALSO ...THERE NEEDS TO BE AN ONLINE FRAUD DEPARTMENT TO PUT THIS FOLKS OUT OF BUSINESS..WE ARE JUST THE ONES WHO CAUGHT THIS ON OUR CARDS..I CALLED MY BANK THEY ARE SENDING A AFFADAVIT TO ME AND I AM PRINTING ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ONLINE AT ALL THE DIFFERENT WEBSITES THIS COMPANY NOT ONLY NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS THEY NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE IF THIER IS SO SORRY THAT THEY HAVE TO STILL FROM YOU..THEY NEED TO PAY US BACK AND TIME AND TROUBLE. THE KIT WAS JUNK AT BEST NOT WORTH PUTTING IN THE MAIL...

• Je
      2nd of Mar, 2010

I also ordered the same CPA disaster kit and unfortunately did not read the fine print on the terms and agreements. This kit is in no way worth over $100 and the pictures that they showed on the internet were not even close to what I actually received. I think this is a major scam and I am not happy about being charged $99.95 because I didn't cancel (what I'm not sure) within 10 days. I didn't even receive my bill until after the 10 days were up.

• Wa
      4th of Mar, 2010

I received a bill today for $99.95 for a kit that was not worth $10.00. If it looked like the Kit you advertised I would have said it was the best $1.00 spent. Pluss the $3.99 S&H.You never answered any of my letters and I am not paying $99.995 for junk. If you want me to return this kit I will. You promised to send a portable radio and blanket. Please respond to this letter. If I do not hear from you by March 1, 2010. I will report this incident to the Better Business Bureau for false advertisement.

• Cp
      9th of Mar, 2010

Same incident happened to me, but was introduced from an Ebay Online Survey that popped up as I was navigating through the Ebay site. After the survey, I was to recieve 1 of 4 gifts (to which I am alway leary about). I chose the disaster kit in lieu of what has been happening around the world. I figured...hey Ebay, can't be a scam. Same deal here - $1.00 for the kit, $3.99 for S/H and a $99.95 hit about a week after the purchase. Contacted the company via phone number on my CC bill ...nothing. My credit card company, Citibank, wouldn't even back me because somewhere unbeknowst to me...there were terms and conditions which I had to "check the box" on. I swear I do not remember seeing and Terms and Conditions. TOTAL BLATANT SCAM. How long will it take until CPA is pulled down and removed!!! How many more inocent people will be RIPPED OFF!

• Ta
      22nd of Mar, 2010

What a scam! I thought it was reputable site such as E-bay or may Amazon that got me. I received a package worth about a dollar. My granddaughter and I had a big laugh (she was involved in the "what have we got to loose" purchase. Until now when I got billed for$99.95 more. My CC company told me to work it out with them. So far all I get when I call the so-called CPA number all I get is music. I agree that there were no terms and conditions involved with the original purchase. Are we going to get billed again? Where do we go from here?

31st of Mar, 2010

I was ripped off too. I ordered the Disaster Kit for $1.00 and $3.00 S&H charge. When I got that package I was apalled. It was not even worth a dollar. A week later they took $99.95 from my Checking Account. My Bank gave it back to me amd they are investigating these crooks. When I called the number The Operator told me to send the Kit back. After a week without a refund I called them back and I told the person that I was going to call the Governer, the Mayor and all the Radio Stations and News Stations in that State and that I would write our President if I didn't get my refund ASAP. She told me that they usually don't give refunds but she would get me my refund. It has been a week and so far nothing. Next week I will start making some phone calls and writing some letters. I will not let them get away with this. I'm tired of these Scam Artists ripping off innocent people. I am on Disability and I can't afford to give away 99.95 penneys let alone $99.95 . If anyone wants to join me please e-mail me at jaqwriter@sbcglobal.net.

• Zi
      6th of Apr, 2010

CPA Disaster Kit Fraud. April 6 2010
    I suffered the same scam as the other writers explained it. I paid the 1.00 plus 3.95 and gave my credit card number. The Disaster kit I received was a junk. Paper face masks, surgical gloves you can get it free from any medical ofice or hospital. Others are cheap junk, cotton tips, useless.
    I was chrged 99.95 on my credit card without authorization, without even telling me what for, company name location.
    I stopped membership but they do not want to reimbuse the 99.95.
    Even the 10 days cancellation time was a fraud, can not be met, because the card company sending monthly statement in a month later.
    As an 80 years old senior citizen just returned from a 2 month medical absent from my home I am very abset that the Better Business Buroe or Mayor of NY City or the Government of NYS does not act and protect the tax paying citizens.
    Andrew