Cox Communications / my new connection - promised one rate and billed higher rate

On 10/4, I was chatting with an Cox representative and i was asking about a new connection with Internet and TV, I also mentioned that i cannot afford more than $100. The representative gave me a plan that she/he said will be around $108 including taxes, i asked specifically that is $108 inclusive of all taxes and i got an answer as yes.
Based on that i placed the order on 10/4 for the recommended package.

When i reviewed the generated bill on 10/12, i was shocked that it was $132, when i called the COX phone support they said the plan cost is $108 and inclusive of taxes it comes to $132. I explained them i was promised by the chat agent that the cost wont will be $108, they pointed out that they dont have any records with them as a proof on what i was claiming, they also suggested me to get back to chat and get it clarified, top most customer service here. No one really cared on what i am trying to say.

I tied to chat again with the COX Live chat representative and even the supervisor, they denied as well and mentioned they do not have any record about my chat on 10/4. I wonder how come the sales chat details about a new connection vanished without any trace, now i am forced to pay $132 as i am stuck into a 2 yr contract they cant even cancel the plan and if i ask them to cancel and create a new plan, i am forced to pay the contract breakage free. How ridiculous is it.. I am totally fed up.

Sa
Oct 13, 2018

Comments

• Rh
      Apr 17, 2019

I recently go the bait and switch from Cox Internet. First they raised my Internet billing for 50Mbps download from $79.99 to $83.99 without warning. I went out to their website and saw that they were offering what appeared to be a great PROMO deal to preferred existing customers. They were offering 300Mbps download for $45.99 per month and stating it was a 57% discount from their regular price. They spelled out all of the terms IE 12 months $45.99, then $69.99 for next 12 months, and finally $104.99 for month 25 and beyond. This doesn't include the equipment rental or the activation fee. When you click the upgrade button, it took me to a deal for $79.99 per month. I chatted with the Cox rep online and she told me it was a website error. I tried to explain that there was explicit details, terms and pricing plans documented. She kept insisting it was a website error. I told her it was false advertising. I called up Cox on the phone and told them I wanted the $45.95 deal, but they told me that it wasn't available for my address. I told him that it was an offer for my exact address and he asked me to click the button to see where it took me. I told him already did that and it takes me to a $79.99 offer. He said that was because the $45.99 was not good for my address. I told him, NO, that's the way Cox programmed it! He said the best he could do was a $69.99 offer with a 24-month agreement. So, I start off with $79.99 with no monthly contract, to $83.99 with no monthly contract without notice. Then I see the non-existent $45.95 deal and eventually get offered a deal for $69.99 for 24 months which at the end becomes $104.99. And don't forget, they will try to rope you into the new equipment and the $10 per month service agreement. Totally FALSE ADVERTISING and BAIT & SWITCH tactics. I have been a loyal Cox customer for 30 years and they try to pull this on me. SHAME ON YOU COX!!! Everyone please report your bad experience with Cox bait and switch and false advertising to the FTC. It's about time these guys start paying hefty fines for their dubious business practices!!!

A once loyal Cox customer

• Ca
      May 11, 2019

Hey, they offered me a two year discount agreement that suddenly ended one year in. I was told that it was impossible to give me what I was assured I would get, but that they could downgrade my service and get me on some promotional plan that would still raise my rate $45 a month. Thank you, but after 25 years, it's time for a change.

• De
      Aug 22, 2019

Same here horrible service provider