Cox Communications / no customer skills!

Hooked up digital service and left us with no sound. We payed for Circit City to hook up our up our sound when the TV was delivered and Cox unhooked it and has yet to send a tech that has a clue. This took place Tues November 28th. They scheduled a tech November 30th to fix sound but no one came. They also charged us for a High Speed Internet modem that they forgot to bring and I went to a retail store to pick up and self installed. They have no customer skills and I want what I payed for, Sound!

Va

Comments

• Kk
      19th of Dec, 2006

COX COMMUNICATIONS, PHOENIX AZ

I have been through a three month customer service nightmare !

August 2006, added high speed internet to my existing service of phone and digital cable. Purchased modem from Cox. Went home and tried to install the product only to find that the original install done by COX three years ago was done incorrectly. Instead of putting an outlet in each room as requested, they put a splitter with co-axe and pulled it into two rooms. When I tried to connect the high speed internet, there was not enough signal to run both the TV and Internet. I called to set up a service call for an single outlet in each room. Two week later a "genius" technician showed up and said " It's a splitter problem, I can't fix this" and left ! I called back and rescheduled another appointment with COX for a outlet installation. The earliest appointment was three week later. In the mean time, I got my monthly bill which included a charge for a service call for $45.00 ! I called back....I was told "We can't take the charge off until the work is rescheduled and completed". I waited for the next technician to show up....(more time off work). This time the technician started running co-axe all over the outside of my house, only to get half way around and state "This bush is too big, and it has thorns. You must remove it before I can complete the work". Fine, I called back and said "I have no internet service, I should not be charged AND as soon as I can get someone to trim the hedge I will call to reschedule for the third time a service appointment". Two weeks later a technician was rescheduled for Sunday "between 1:00 and 3:00". Additionally I was now having issues with my digital TV service, so I called again and asked if they could send someone at the same time as the outlet installer already planned. The answer was "No, it has to be someone else". So that Sunday, I waited for the outlet installer to show up "between 1:00 and 3:00" and the TV person to show up "between 3:00 and 6:00". At 3:00 pm no one had shown up, so I called AGAIN. I was told "He was there and no one was home, he tagged the door and called to leave a message" I WAS HOME AND THE PHONE ON THE ENTIRE DAY. I told them to check the phone records...no one called. I was also informed that because this guy didn't show up...they cancelled the TV call ! THIS MAKES DAY THREE WASTED WITH NO SERVICE. After I calmed down I called back to speak to a manager and was told someone would call me back..no one did. Then I come home from work a couple of days later...my service had been turned off !!!!!! I called again, I was told I was $152.00 past due and service would remain off until I paid (for service I was NOT getting). I called back the next day and asked to speak to a manager....I was connected to the incredibly RUDE Marisa. I was told there never was a service call set up for the prior Sunday "We never set up calls for Sunday", and because I "took so long to reschedule the service call after the "bush to big" guy, they were not going to discount my bill ! So now I'm being told I am a liar and need to pay for service not received !!!!!

I CANCELLED ALL SERVICE WITH COX COMMUNICATIONS AND WILL GO TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF CRIMINALS THEY ARE.

• Bo
      3rd of May, 2007

I couldn't agree more!

If you want to complain for changes send your complaints in writing to: Kevin Sonoda, c/o City of Scottsdale, 3939 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85252 Phone (480) 312-4138

A letter provides a paper trail so send it certified return receipt. Make sure it is dated and ask for all problems to be settled with in the time frame required by law.

Make sure all communications are in writing as this gives you the legal leg to stand on.

• Mr
      7th of Jan, 2008

My bill is due the 4th of every month ---- they upgraded me without asking to a higher internet speed ---- upon calling and getting this corrected the associate said i was past my "due date" and would need $40.11 to bring account current to correct the upgraded mistake, which i did on the 14th---- on the 22nd of the month a new bill cycled stating i had not paid $28.53 that was "due" on the 4th ----- upon receiving notice on 5th of the next month that my service was to incur a disconnection fee if $28.53 was not paid in 2 days, i called customer service and got someone who wanted to only explain that it was my fault for not paying the $28.53 prior to 12/22/2007 and naturally i asked to speak with a supervisor ----- i asked the supervisor to specifically explain what the $40.11 paid on 12/14/2007 had been applied to since it was not the $28.53 past due amount and the supervisor said he didn't know since he wasn't the person who had taken the payment (since when do supervisors not assume responsibility for the mistakes of the people under them?) ---- at that point i asked for his manager and he then informed me his only manager had left for the day due to a medical emergency and that she would call me back the next day to resolve the issue ----- this phone call from the manager has yet to come ----- are we to not have cable or internet service, in an effort to protect ourselves from the scams these companies are running??? Is there no type of legal group out there to exploit and right the wrongs cox communications is bestowing on their customers??? Rant over, but hopefully others will speak out against this type of unnacceptable behavior and not just let it slide, so that differences can be made.

• Wh
      8th of Dec, 2010

About a month ago, my husband's work email started getting thrown in the Spam folder without my knowledge because we use Outlook to open Cox email instead of logging into the web based. I chatted w/ someone who was able to fix it & for about a month or more we were ok. It started happening again & I called but got someone who didn't have skill set to answer or help. She just said, "I can't tell you why its happening & I can't help you". Since I was able to log into the web based email & pull it out of spam filter + check the option "this is not spam" every single time, the support tech thought it was ok. What a pain in my drain. I called the next day & got someone who gave a better explanation: my husband's signature had hyper links to his company's site, facebook, twitter & a facebook "like" button. He removed everything but the company logo so its still happening. I put his address on safe sender's list, not helping.