Cox Communications / fraudulent bait-switch tactics!
I was lured to Cox communications because I was offered a special price for bundled services for a period of one year by the customer service rep I spoke to. This was for Cable TV, Internet, and telephone. When I got the bill it was far more than I had agreed-to on the phone. It took more than an hour to get resolved and even then the bill was not adjusted to the amount I had agreed to pay. I normally would not have carried the matter too much further, but I found out that my Friend, Lynn Wentz had switched to Cox with the same promises of saving money, and agreed on a rate, only to get the bill and a big surprise that it was not was was agreed, and in fact was a LOT bigger. It may be that what we have discovered is an effort by Cox to bait-and-switch customers and then gouge them. In the absence of an up-front contract price it would be hard to prove, but there IS an implied contract in these dealings and possibly a violation of Federal law. I am posting this to see if other customers in VA are experiencing this anomaly. I am sure Verizon's lawyers would love to find more on this story.
More Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - bungled new installation of the triple-pay package and billing for a service that I don't have
- Cox Communications - 0018501048338803. account number for jane e. buikstra, 114 e. 15th st.
- Cox Communications - channel ksn 3 in wichita ks
- Cox Communications - internet
- Cox Communications - internet service