Cox Communications / actual chat session with cox

1 1801 E. Bell Rd.AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6022221234

Here is an actual chat log with cox, about their rates for high speed internet. Note that they cannot provide service to the address I gave, even though it is actually the address of cox in my area!

System:
Attempting to connect you with an operator...
System:
Edwin has entered the conversation.
Edwin:
Hello, bundle and save with the cox triple play! It includes digital cable, high speed internet and digital phone.
Edwin:
Pleased to have you on chat. How are you doing today?
Ok
Edwin:
How can I assist you today?
Bubba:
The cheapest rate for high speed internet is listed at $46.95. I know others have gotten a lower rate. Is cox trying to discourage new customers?
Edwin:
Sure, I can assist you with that bubba.
Edwin:
In order to locate the best promotions in your area, may I please have your complete address (Including apartment or unit number if applicable) with zip code?
No. Just use my zip: 85022
Edwin:
I apologize for inconvenience, I will be unable to pull up the information without your complete address.
Bubba:
So, the answer is yes, cox is trying to discourage new customers. Correct?
Edwin:
I completely understand and apologize for the inconvenience.
Edwin:
But I will be unable to pull up the information without your complete address.
Edwin:
May I please have your complete address (Including apartment or unit number if applicable)?
Off to qwest I go...
Edwin:
It’s been a pleasure being able to assist you today. Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful day.
Bubba:
Yes, you can answer the question. Is $46.95 the lowest rate you have? It is a simple question.
Edwin:
I am very eager to help you, but I will be unable to pull up the information without your complete address.
Edwin:
I understand your concern but we do not use address collected for marketing purposes. They are solely used to assist our customers with any questions they might have.
Are you there?
Are you still there?
1101 e. Bell rd., phoenix
Edwin:
Thank you. Please hold one moment while I confirm services in your area.
Edwin:
Is there an apartment or unit number?
Edwin:
Thank you. Please hold one moment while I confirm services in your area.
Edwin:
Thank you for your patience.
Edwin:
Unfortunately at this time cox does not offer any services in your area. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Ha! What a crock.
Bubba:
The question is: is there anything at all that you are able to assist with?
Edwin:
Bubba, cox does not service all the areas.
Bubba:
The address I gave was the old address of cox!!!
Edwin:
Unfortunately at this time cox does not offer any services in the address provided.
Bubba:
I know, it never has! Ha!
Edwin:
I apologize for the inconvenience.
System:
Edwin has left the conversation.
System:
All operators have left the conversation. Conversation has ended!

Comments

• To
      16th of Feb, 2011

Unfortunately you have proved absolutely nothing here... The operator needs an address so they can check your prices in your area. By you giving the address to the Cox retail offices all you are proving is that the address is not in the system. The people on the other end of the chat session are live people, but they are answering about 5 or 6 other screens...all you did was waste their time and yours...

If you really want to check the Cox pricing, go to the Cox website at http://www.cox.com and choose the area where you live... All the pricing info is available online...

• Sh
      16th of Feb, 2011

You BUBBA are a ###. Are you afraid the cox fairy is going to come to your house and get you if you give them your real address?