Cox Cable / unreliable service

Up until about 6 months ago my cable television service was excellent. I have the cox bundle, with tv, internet and phone service and I pay a very high monthly fee for these services. I am not sure exactly when it started, but suddenly there were cox commercials soliciting new customers on every single channel, nearly every commercial break. I think that cox has too many customers, because my television service quality has deteriorated drastically. I have the dvr service allowing me to record two shows at a time. During the daytime (When many people are at work) my television service works fine. However, almost every evening cox jams up one of the dvr recording signals. So, when I am thinking that I am recording two shows, my dvr is actually recording only one show. This happens every night. I have gotten into the habit of resetting my cable box just before prime time, but when I do that, both channels being recorded become pixilated and the sound becomes full of static, to the point where I cannot understand a ding-dong word.
It is quite obvious that cox does not have the capability to provide service to everyone who has signed up, so they use gimmicks to reduce the ability of customers to use the services that they are paying quite a bit of money for.
Also, my internet is often not available saturdays. Only one light comes on the modem, and I am unable to use the internet all day saturday. When I call cox they tell me that they will send someone out monday, but I always know that I will be able to use my internet by sunday. Poof, it's magic. Why can't I use my internet when I pay for it???

De

Comments

• Cs
      Mar 06, 2012

Service from Cox is HORRIBLE, same goes for their customer service reps. My email has been down for more than a day, customer service informed me they will call back in 72 hours. 72 HOURS? I bet they don' t call back and I would bet I don't get the important emails I was expecting. Cox might want to re-train their customer service reps as well as their supervisors (to whom I complained to after the CSR was rude), on customer retention, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty. Wait, never mind, when I get a few minutes I will get rid of Cox once and for all. I had NUMEROUS never ending DVR box problems, come to find out they outsourced to a company out of the US and have had nothing but problems. So, I got rid of COX TV, COX phone, NEXT will be internet. Good bye Cox!

• Ca
      Mar 07, 2012

Here I am again, still no resolution from COX CABLE EL CAJON SAN DIEGO, my emails have disappeared, customer service at COX is a JOKE. After spending more than an hour on the phone with them yesterday, and again TODAY, the phone just somehow disconnected. STILL no resolution! Does COX care about customer retention? NO. As I said before, as soon as I get a minute, COX INTERNET will be GONE!

• Nu
      Jun 25, 2018

COX ('San Diego South') has left us now (again!!) without service for almost 2 weeks!

The landline is dead (despite our paying for it, and needing it for overseas calls) again;this happened 2 times before. I needed to schedule an appointment and chatted among others with a rep 'Miles". The earliest available would have been this morning he said, I took it and waited and waited.

Close to the end of the appointment window I chatted with another rep (Cindy C) to find out if the service person still would come. Cindy was 'unable to locate our account' - I provided her with the same and more! info than the previous 2 times I contacted their office in the last few days.

It took her 25min to tell me she couldn't find the account and referred me to another department. I 'hung up' on this terrible chat and called in. This person was more competent, found the account within seconds and told me that 'Miles' put me down for next week but gave me the wrong date.

Anyway. There will be another half day wasted on Cox this time around to fix a problem. They were able to fix the same problem last time from their side (a switch was off I was told; but this time Miles and the guy I previously chatted with didn't seem to want to have that checked and insisted on a service visit instead.

What a joke.

From my experiences with them I came to the conclusion that COX sucks.

I wish there was an alternative available, but... Thank you FCC for allowing all those viable competitors! (just kidding)