Covista Communications / Billing errors

1 4803 Highway 58 NorthChattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

I am billed on a monthly basis. Based on dates on the bill, it is printed on the first of the month, however based on the date on the postage meter it is not mailed until at least the 6th, 7th or 8th.

Not a pvoblem...

The problem is every month on the 3rd or 4th I receive a letter from Covista telling me that I have an outstanding balance that needs to be paid. They outstanding balance is the bill that they have yet to mail.

The following day, I get a letter telling me that if the balance is not paid in full within 10 days they will turn off the long distance service.

All of this BEFORE they have even mailed the bill!!!

This goes on month after month after month...

Va

4803 Highway 58 North
    Chattanooga
    Tennessee
    covista.com

My phone # was 914 969 0225. I no longer use it as of June 1 st. I called them May to cancel for June etc. .
    I basically called them to cancel my account altogether! I learn on July 1st that they charged me for June for $ 46.37. After several heated conversations with them they still refuse to credit me for the amount. They maimtain they have no cancellation call from me in May. I tell them I moved out and have no landline anymore. Also that I made no calls at all in June. They say they cannot access my actual call records. I ask them - be big about it - just credit the amount. I was a customer of yours for years. Oh no you had an active phone line. We can't do that. That's where I stand with this.