Covert & Covert LLC. / illlegitimate business

Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 8007418256

I was requesting a mediation and they told me to send them $480 dollars asap and they would handle it - I get to the court room and they did make a call but they did not handle it. Fortunately the judge set a new date by luck. I conctacted Donald withe Covert and Covert and he spoke with me on several occassions and said he needed $380 more and i said why - I still have a credit. Donald said that that credit would go towards a credit on a retainer fee and 380 would go t owards mediation. He has strung me along for 3 weeks now. No one will return a call. I have called there NEw Jersey office, Dallas office, 800 number, emailed and no one will respond . I have checked with the courts and they have received nothing. How can a legitimate law firm never answer there phone or emails. Now i am in a bind and have to go back to get the courts to extend my time if they will. Also one time when i called the man said his name was Gavin when it was clearly the same person i had always talked to named Donald. These people even have a website that connects you the the state board - THEY ARE A SHAM!!! ANYONE DOES BUSINESS WITH THEM IS A FOOL!!! I am sending all the info i have to the State Attorney General.

Comments

Mi
  15th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just recently I paid them $189.00 for their services with my brother's case and as soon as I paid them I have not been able to get in touch with anyone. I have left voice mail's, my brother and my father have both left messages, I have sent emails and faxes and have not heard one thing back. I don't know how a state licensed law firm feels they can get away with taking money from people and not following through on their promise to represent you. Donald is the same fellow that my brother and I spoke with. I myself am a legal assistant and behavior like this just makes me sick to know their are lawyers and law firms out there that are the typical horrible behavior and scam!
Da
  16th of Aug, 2009
I hired on this company too, to get partial custody of my two kids about month and a half ago and they have yet done anything for me the last time i talk to actually individual was making a payment. This so called Don never returns my call i leave voice mail after voice mail but no return call. What this company is doing must be illegal and then on top of that they have continue to take money out of my account with out my knowledge. And on top of all that i live in florida and they cant even practice here. Something must be done.
Lu
  20th of Aug, 2009
i wanna thank you all for your comments. these people called me saying they could help with my case and asked for $279, i didnt give it to the man on the phone. i told him i would call him back after i investagate. i'm glad i did. in this economy, i cant afford to lose that kind of money.
Ge
  27th of Aug, 2009
i agreed to a mediation too, once i was dissatisfied they said they could refer me to one of their attorneys, so i could get representation, but kept my mediation fee and wouldnt apply it to the attorney they referred me to. I should have not even mediated and went straight to a lawyer instead.
Gl
  21st of Mar, 2012
this is a scam company.you will lose your money with these people, its fake
  8th of Jan, 2013
dont do business with these people they will leave you hanging dry no update on the case.. try calling back as a new client with a new phone number I bet you they will answer right away to steal your money they wont actually do anything about your case you are better off with someone else
  8th of Jan, 2013
these people will leave you hanging dry with no update on your case.. watch try and calling back as a new customer ofcourse not with the same phone number I bet you they will answer.. they just going to steal your money and wont give you an update about your case you are better of with someone else
  8th of Jan, 2013
I cant believe these people are still in business they should be investigated and put in jail
Gl
  8th of Jan, 2013
with all these complaints seems like people would not use them. Robert and my self filed with the DA`s office and they would not do anything
Tr
  5th of Apr, 2018
These people need to go to jail...total rip offs...king of scams