Courtyard by Mariott Downtown Toronto hotel / front office mis-information & bad after sales

1 Courtyard by Mariott Downtown Hotel, 475 Yonge Street, TorontoToronto, Ontario, Canada

We were a group of 4 adults and checked out of the Courtyard Toronto Downtown Hotel on the 8 September at 09.45. We stayed at this hotel from the 31 Aug to the 2 Sep and again from the 7 to the 8 Sep. On the 7 September we booked through the hotel reception an SUV to take the four of us to the airport. We were told by the reception staff that the cost is a fixed CAD 68. This was OK with us as this was the amount charged too us when we took an SUV taxi on our arrival at Toronto Airport on the 31 Aug to take us to the Courtyard.

Unfortunately on the 8 September the driver who took us to the airport charged us CAD 85. Receipt is available and a copy forwarded to the Mariott. We paid the driver under protest and only after drawing his attention that we were being overcharged. We also told him that we will be reporting him to the hotel.

We registered a complaint directly with the hotel immediately that evening. The complaint was accepted by the hotel and we were promised a refund of Can$32 (including bank charges) by Gregory Chislom, Front Office Supervisor through his email dated the 24 September. After that I have been chasing the hotel since with no replies. I have also commented negatively on Trip Advisor and got a instant reply from their Lewis Bold Wark, Front Office Manager of the hotel where he promised that he will ensure that this is corrected immediately."
So in spite of having two officials from the Mariott promising the refund I have been chasing since with no reply and no refund. I seek your intervention in this matter so I can obtain my Can$32 refund.
All correspondence with the Mariott is available if required.
Regards
Carmel Joseph Farrugia
115 Apt 3, St Vincent Street, Sliema SLM1449, MALTA European Union.

Ca