Courtesy Honda / Negligence of Honda authorized service centre

1 India Review updated:

With reference to my Car Honda City purchased on 13/09/07 from Courtesy Honda (D-196, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase 1, New Delhi-110020). I am sorry to say that my car went for the 3rd service on 2nd April, 2008, in the authorized service centre of Honda and on 14th April while driving from my home suddenly after travelling some distance (approx 15 Kms), as I was on the middle of the flyover the MIL light started glowing and I stopped my car after getting down of the flyover. Then I approach nearby mechanic for SOS but he told me that engine oil has totally drained out and the drain out nut was missing, as reported by him there where no marks of any kind of damage beneath my car and he asked to call Honda Helpline. Then I reported to the Courtesy Honda service centre for the help and after an hour a mechanic named Kapil cane with the engine oil and the nut as well, after putting the nut and filling up the engine with the oil still my car couldn’t start so my car was towed away to the service centre and there after inspection I got a call from the service manager saying that there is some problem with the engine, on asking about the reason of the fault I was told that someone might have tried to steal the oil from my garage. I want to know do we expect these kind of statements from Honda Service Manager, when everyone know no ever steals the used engine oil and how can someone enter the garage.

After continuous feedbacks to the Honda and even after talking to the corporate head office of Honda I was not attended on the very first day everyone just ignored my problem and I had to wait at okhla which is approx 25kms from my place for around 5 hours just awaiting for a call from Honda and then I had to myself call Honda as it was already 5:30 PM and after calling there I was informed that the concerned person Miss. Nikita Saluja who was suppose to get back to me at 2or maximum by 3 has already left. This is the kind of responses and services I have been getting from the Honda head office who claims itself the best in the Mid segment cars and who promises to give the best of services to their consumers.

Meeting : 16th April, 2008

After lots of pain a meeting was fixed with Honda executives (1. Mr. Rajneesh Raheja, Area Manager- North & East, 2. Mr. Umesh Bhutani, Regional Head – Service, 3. Mr. S.P. Singh, Service Manager – Courtesy Honda) on 16th April. In the entire meeting speculations and stories where made to quote a few, as said by Mr. Singh that someone might have tried to steal the engine oil from my garage and as said by Mr. Umesh Bhutani who is the Regional Head Service Honda that from Rajinder Nagar to Punjabi Bagh someone might have got beneath my car and have taken out the drain out nut while standing on the red light. Very funny this story was and on top of that this type of explanation do we expect from Honda Regional Service Head to cover up the negligence done by the service centre people in the 3rd service of my car.

First of all I don’t want to give explanation or answers to any such kind of stories as they are themselves justified that how far it is true. So my point is it is very clear that it was the fault of the service centre mechanic or the fault of the manufacturer so that while driving the nut gets loosen and falls down on its own. I personally don’t feel it’s that it is the fault of the manufacturer what I feel is it was fault of the service centre mechanic who has not tightened the drain out nut properly and so it fell down after 12days and around 700 Kms of driving.

Negligence Part:

And to inform you further that the it was not the first time I have already faced thrice some part of negligence from the same service centre as well the Showroom(Courtesy Honda) while returning back the cheque of Rs. 15000 from the company for the discount on the car given to me it was suppose to be returned on maximum 1 month period of the delivery of my car but it was returned to me after 3months of the delivery and also they have given me in written that I can redeem Rs. 2000 at any point of time and later when I wanted to redeem my money for the service I had to fight for around couple of hours and I to find the salesman who has written this to get it done they were blaming each other and said it was due to the lack of coordination between the showroom and the service centre and still not done twice my foot matt’s were missing from my car after the services and ones I collected from there and second time they had to send me my foot matt’s at my place. This is the kind of Negligence Honda’s authorized service centre is providing that too after the 3 check points as told by Mr. Singh to cover up the negligence of drain out nut being not tightened up properly. And on top of everything negligence by Miss. Nikita Salluja for which had to wait around 5 hours just for a call from her side and that too she dint cared to call me back and left the office without even informing me. What else do I have to say now…!!!

I want to know is Honda Japan aware of these kind of services provided by Honda Siel cars India ltd. From top to bottom, I have faced negligence, irresponsibility, lack of coordination, not at all satisfying services from the top management to the lower most who called back all its vehicles across the globe for the suspension problem in their car and who claim themselves best in the automobiles industry both in case of services and Consumer Relations. If Honda Japan is unaware still now I will definitely make efforts to bring to their light what’s going on in India and what kind of services customers are being provided here.

Further I would like to know the outcome of the meeting held on 16th of April and I want the copy of the report provided by Mr. Umesh Bhutani and Rajneesh Raheja why my vehicle can’t be replaced because of the entire fault on the part of the service staff of courtesy Honda. What if something major could have happened What if my car could have caught fire due to this negligence for which the oil leakage?

I hope and I wish that this issue and my problem get resolved as soon as possible without even ruining Honda’s goodwill. Cause I have been charged interest on my bank loan as well my classes are being hampered and the mental harassment which I m facing from past 3 odd days. I want a compensation for the losses and the harassment I have faced from the company in the entire journey of my Honda City car. This is entirely the fault of Honda authorized Service station.

I have already lodged a complain with Honda and my Complain No. is 40800353

Va

Comments

• Su
      1st of Feb, 2009

I agree with this person on the treatment that he re'cd by Honda. I purchased a pre-owned 2000 Honda Accord mileage 40, 400 in May 2005 and took out Honda Care Contract Service for $1660.00. On the contract it shows 84 months or 100, 000 miles which ever comes first. Well my car has only 51697 miles to this date 2/09. I had to take it in for brakes and timing belt package, which ended up costing me $925.00. We found out that the contract service was only for 2 years and had no knowlege that the contract had ended. Had we known it was for 2 years we would've paid this kind of money for a short time. We were'nt told of this at the time of purchase and it does'nt state anywhere on the contract of the length of time other than 7 years or 100, 000 miles. I need to know what I can to about this problem. It did not state that this coverage was from the original purchase. I want some answers now. If this can't be solved, this will be my last Honda I ever buy.

• Nk
      25th of Jul, 2009

Nothing has changed.
    There is no place for 'Service' or 'Courtesy' at Honda.
    As far as proper servicing of a Honda car in New Delhi is concerned, I have done the rounds and its just better to stick with the best of the worst!!
    Someone at Honda...please wake up and smell the s..t

6th of Oct, 2009

My HONDA CITY ZX purchased during March2007 completed only 16167 Kms is in very bad shape due to poor quality of parts and there fitment. Vehicle is with central locking system whose functioning is not consistent . Many times door was found unlocked even after pressing lock button on remote. You have to check phyically all the doors after locking with remote. Now even door opening is not proper either from remote or with the key.On investigation it was found that all the door lock mechanisma are not functioning due to heavy rust on the moving parts.I want to know why costomer should pay for such kind of quality related defects for such a primium car . Also these parts are not exposed to the water ingress. Few photographs are attached.
    CAR REG. NO. HR51Y3132. MY REQUEST IS THAT MANUFACTURER SHOULD REPLACE ALL THE LOCKS AS THERE IS SERIOUS SAFETY AND SECURITY ISSUE WITH THE SYSTEM.

4th of Mar, 2010

Hi,

We have a fleet of Honda vehicles which include Honda Cities, Civics, CRV’s, and Accords, mostly which are CVT automatic transmissions.

All the vehicles are being sent to the authorized service station Arya Honda at Lalbaug, Bhandup, and Reay Road located in Mumbai for regular service and repairs as and whenever due.

One of the vehicle Honda City registration number (MH 03 AM 0324) automatic transmission drive, which was purchased in 2007, stalled mid way and had to be towed to Arya Honda at Lalbaug Mumbai, after inspection and diagnosis it was reported that the sensors for the CVT unit of the vehicle were burnt and the advisor at Arya Honda says that the complete CVT unit needs to be replaced and the cost for the same would be approx Rs. 3, 06, 976/- (Three Lakh Six Thousand Nine Hundred and Seventy Six Only).

If repaired the cost for overhauling would be approx Rs. 2, 88, 579/- (Two Lakh Eighty Eight Thousand Five Hundred And Seventy Nine Only) but the success rate for overhauling is very poor and no guarantee or warranty for the same.

For a second opinion we have towed the vehicle to Linkway Honda at Chandivili Andheri and they have given an estimate of Rs. 1, 50, 000/- for overhauling the CVT unit with a warranty of 6 months, and if replaced with new unit the cost will be approx Rs. 3, 50, 000/-

We request Honda to intervene and let us know how has this happened and what can be the solution.

An early and positive response from Honda would be highly appreciated.

• Mi
    Sanford
    Florida
    Phone: 407-323-6100
    courtesyhonda.com

I went to Courtesy honda today to buy out me lease on my 2006 honda odessey and was very upset at the way I was treated by the financial manager and supervisor. They made a mistake and told me that it would be taken care of by Honda and then did not stood by their word and I left there very dissatisfied with the customer service and how I was treated. I will never go back or send anyone I know there.

• Lo
      10th of Feb, 2011

hi even I want to lodge a complain to Honda company about their bad customer sevice. Please provide me with the Name, Addresses, Fax no. & Email ids of Japan Honda Head quarter, Japan Honda Customer Services, India Honda Head & Delhi Honda head as I cannot find this information on the internet.
    Thanks Lokesh +919810055370

15th of Oct, 2012
    Courtesy Honda - negligence of duty
    lally automobile
    India

i had given my car Honda CITY I IVTEC ON 5 OCT 2012 FOR INSURANCE CLAIM AND TODAY IS 15 OCT I DON'T GET MY CAR BACK
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING. I HAVE ONLY ONE CAR FACING A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

• Na
      15th of May, 2016

1.My name is Navin Pandita, i live in chandigarh (india).I purchaised Honda Amaze on 14th april 2016, Driven car for 200 kmt while got tyre puncture, car mechanic advised this tyre cant be runned more, as had 2 cuts on upper side of wheel, went for check at courtsey honda, ind area ph 1 on 11th may, , mr Rajnish Kaushik (Dy Service Manager)checked and complained the tyre company, on 12th may 2016, Company person Mr Ompal had also checked the tyre, said that you have to pay half for a new tyre, after lot of reminders to honda staff till date no action was taken up,
    Please let me know a new tyre had driven just for 2000 kmt would be condommed, Plz do the justification soon.