County Car Rentals / Charged for damages after rental period

Ireland Review updated:
On returning our rented cars from County Car Rentals Dublin, they were thoroughly inspected and confirmed ok by the company staff. A week after the rental period, our Credit Cards were charged EUR 500 Insurance Excess. without our authorization, for damages found on the cars after return.

We filed several complaints with the company fleet administrator, Mr Suresh Kumar, and Car Rental Authorities, but no refund was received. Our last resort, was to charge back the unauthorized withdrawal from our Credit Cards Bank, and also change our credit cards account.

Mr. Suresh Kumar then wrote to us and offered EUR 100 if we give him our new Account details. This is a scam. County Car Rentals in Dublin is very unprofessional, their outlet at Dublin Airport is normally unmanned, with just a phone on the desk to contact their office, and they abuse from Credit Card services.

We recommend that you should stay away from County Car Rentals - Dublin.

Comments

Ri
  13th of Jan, 2008
I rented from County Car Rental in August 2007. I returned the car to County, they inspected the car and said there was no damage. They inspected the Car so carefully, I got worried and asked them to put in writing there was not damage. They put it in writing. When I got home form my trip I got a note from County saying they found a scuff mark and charged my credit card $482. County would not take responsibility for Clearing the car of all damage. they also forced me to take collision insurance even thought it was cover on my credit card. My advise don't use them they are not honest. Please note I found County through Kayak.com. I made the rental thought ACE rental cars who subcontracted to County.