Countrywide Periodicals / Refusal to cancel membership

United States Review updated:

This company scammed me. When I tried to cancel membership, they too refused to honor my request. They mislead me to believe what I was being asked to join. I did not agree to pay for their service for 30 months @ $33.20. In the conversation with rep., they did not state this fact. This would have been a red flag to me how much money they wanted wanted from me for magazines. I talked to the supervisor and was treated very rudely. Saying I approved for the subscriptions and for the monthly payment. That was my attempt to cancel. I have changed my debit account so they cannot bill through that. I will probably go the same route
that another gentleman used, going on facebook and have everyone on my list "share" this awful company. Will I ever get rid of them and not have to pay for what I did not not approve.
Rose M.

Ro
Aug 05, 2014

Comments

• Ka
      Jul 20, 2011
    Countrywide Periodicals - stealing money not giving what was promised and still charging way over what the original cost was
    COUNTRYWIDE PERIODICALS
    Jacksonville
    Arkansas

Subscribed to a magazine with for a wedding magazine and free watch, never got watch, only got one magazine, have been charged 4 times, @ $33.20 each time and they will not let me cancel, will not respond to attempts to contact them.

• Fr
      Aug 27, 2014
    Countrywide Periodicals - Harassing phone calls
    COUNTRYWIDE PERIODICALS
    Hamilton

Same prpoblem with countrywide=hamilton, mt magazine company. Threatening collection, despite the fact that i have refused every magazine you sent me asked to stop the late night phone calls.

Dec 06, 2014

I had this same issue and now I get tons of phones calls this last one including a voice mail that said if you do not return this call or speak with an attorney soon I wish you a happy life and the law enforcement will be at your door step soon. ???

• Sg
      Oct 28, 2015

These reports are typical of what happened to me. I tried to cancel but they said I could not & if I did I would have to pay them a lot of money.

• De
      Sep 12, 2017

@sgplett did you get this resolved or do I need to get an attorney?

• De
      Sep 12, 2017

This some total BS and they are so F'ing Rude did anybody get this resolved or do I need to get an attorney?