Countrywide Insurance / Insurance Claims

March, 2009.

Obviously this company must have some of the worst service department in the country. Time and time again I've found complaints regarding Countrywide and their sluggish service.
I experienced it first hand this march, after my mothers car was vandalized and all wheels were stolen. The proper claim was made, a police report was filed and we waited for the claims adjuster to contact us. And we waited. And we waited. So we called the claims office, and they transferred us to his phone line, which of course he did NOT answer (seems this is a nifty little trend within this company). So we left a message, and waited to hear back from our adjuster. 1 day went by and we did not hear back, so we called, and again he did not answer, so we left another message. And we waited again... and we waited... and we waited... and we waited... and we waited. After almost 2 weeks, we talk to costumer service and explain our situation, so we get transferred to his supervisor. OF COURSE she did not answer, you're not dealing with professionals here. So we start feeling like we're stuck in some kind of pyramid investment scam where our calls are never returned, but alas, he calls the next day. Mind you, the car has been on the side of the street, sitting on bricks, waiting for these people to resolve anything. But I digress...
So Now we get contacted by the claims adjuster, he tells us someone is going to come by and ### the cars damage, "great..." we exclaimed with disappointment. followed by the obvious question "When?" . "in about 3 days" wonderful...
So now we have no other choice, we take the car to be repaired out of our own pocket and hope that for some reason Countrywide is not such an embezzling enterprise as they've made them selves appear to be.
One more week has passed (total of 3 weeks so far), now finally some progress has been done, our adjuster faxes me the reimbursement agreement. I read in shock as they claim the repair costs are 1800, contrary to the 3000 that was actually paid.

So, they make us wait for 3 weeks, we are forced to pay out of our own pocket, and once we do, they finally decide to make progress and inform us that's their assessment? oh really? How convenient.

Worst insurance company I've ever dealt with. And I've had some very shady insurance agencies but at least they came through at the end.

Stay away!

Sm

Comments

24th of May, 2009

I Agree 100%. Country wide have the worst costumer service department. They are rude and don't know how to act professional. They ask a lot of questions and if you don't have all the answers they cancel your policy. I only have 5 weeks with this insurance and I already got 2 cancellation notices from them. The first one because I didn't have my sister birthday (I called back and gave them my sister birthday " Problem fixed"), the second notice is about some information contained in a credit report.

Stay Away from this company.

• Em
      23rd of Feb, 2011

I agree this company is the worst ...
    I filed a complain for a car accident with minor damages and after two months
    many phone calls no response from anybody in that company I have been reach to the Claim department many times even to the supervisors no response
    if someone have had same issues I need an advice, I don't how that company can be a insurance company, I have check in the web and many people have had same problems.

• Di
      5th of May, 2011

I got rearended from a country wide insurance insurer and I have been calling my so called adjustor for 1 week. He doesnt answer his phone nor respond to his voicemail it has been 2 weeks now. I called his superviser Villa somebody and samething they transfer me to her and she doesnt answer. This business should be shut down. I will be calling the better business bureau in the morning. Have any of you called?

• Jd
      3rd of Nov, 2011

The worst insurance company to deal with. Where are the state agencies that should be monitoring Country-wide and shutting them down.

• Mc
      17th of Nov, 2011

I was in a hit-and-run accident in March 2010. Luckily, I was able to write down the license plate number of the car that hit me. After beginning a couple of physical therapy sessions, I received a call from the medical billing office stating that Country-Wide (the insurance company of the driver that hit me) was not/would not pay for further services. Thus, my physical therapy sessions were cut off before they even started (I went to one session). About a year and a half later, I started feeling pain in my right shoulder that shot down my right arm. Not aware that this was related to the accident, I went to my doctor, an alternative medicine specialist. His first question was, "Were you in a car accident?" He then proceeded to explain that since my injuries were not properly addressed immediately after the accident the problems laid dormant in my body until something triggered their emergence. Now, I am receiving care for this but I am paying out of my own pocket. Considering the injuries, the payments will be somewhat substantial. I am filling out the proper forms from Country-Wide Insurance (NF-3), but I am receiving the same sub-standard service that is mentioned on this board. I don't understand how this company is still in business because it seems that they take the monthly payments for insurance from their customers but refuse to execute their duties. This delinquency should be illegal. I don't think the idea of profits over people works for a sustainable future.

• Rz
      8th of Jan, 2012

I had insurance with countrywide for almost two month and to be honest it was like going to hell, before signing up with them I submitted all the paperwork they asked for but then as soon as I signed up with them they started asking me to fax them a copy of this and a copy of this and a copy of this and a copy of that and every copy they asked for I already sent before I had to send again but what made it worst was that they wanted me to send them a proof that my 27 years old ex roommate not the father of my 24 years old wife... seriously!!! just because his first name and her last name was the same. and after calling them and trying to explain to their robot customer service that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for a 3 year old boy to have a kid(can't make these things up) thank God they finally understood but then they didn't stop they wanted me to send them a proof that my ex roommate doesn't live with me so after I sent them bills for proof they didn't buy it and cancelled my insurance without notifying me so I was driving a few days not knowing that I don't have insurance until I received a letter from DMV stating that I have laps in my insurance and I have to pay DMV over $100 or my license will be suspended, so I called countrywide to ask them why they cancel it without notifying me and after talking to an agent and a supervisor I was hanged up at and every time I called back they kept hanging up on me

• Tt
      20th of Jan, 2012

I totally agree with the complaints of all of you. My car along with two others were hit while parked on my block on 12/26/11 by a Countrywide insured driver. As of today 1/20/12 we are still getting a round around. I have left numerous messages for the adjuster as well as different supervisors to no avail. No one returns calls. The only way I get information is from customer service operators who still can't give me full info., they keep referring me to the adjuster whose handling the claim. During the first couple weeks he told me nothing can be done until their insured reported the accident to them and she had 30 days to do so (By the way as of this date the lady who hit our car still has not reported it to them). Then by the third week I was told that they don't need her statement because our vehicles were parked and they could just use the police report. But now the new issue was that the lady only has a $10, 000 policy and the money will have to be split amongst the three cars to be repaired. I drive a Lexus and my repairs alone total $8, 000 since my entire left side and suspension was damaged. The other two cars had damage also but not as much as mine since my car was hit first. In week three I was told that the holdup is that they received estimates for only two vehicles but not the third one and they cannot reach the third car's owner. Since we live in the same area I left notes on the windshield of the other two cars and we started communicating. We discovered that all three of us indeed contacted Countrywide immediately following the accident (why wouldn't we if our cars were hit while parked?)and reported it, so we were confused who the adjuster was saying he couldn't reach. After numerous unanswered call from all three of us I finally contacted the adjust and informed him that we have all made contact with Countrywide at which point he calmly said well he didn't receive any messages from the party he claimed he couldn't reach. I provided him with that individual's number, who he finally called and told him someone will call him to schedule an app't to come out and estimate his repair cost. This was Tuesday, today is Friday and still no one has contacted the driver to assess his car. So as we approach week 4, my car is still in the shop since 12/26/11 (undriveable since my rear tire was hit and suspension messed up) and I've racked up a $750 rental car bill since I do have kids to take around and two jobs to go to everyday. By the way I have been told that they may not be enough money in the policy for rental reimbursement and rudely asked by the adjuster if I have full coverage insurance why isn't my insurance company handling this?
    This company is the most unprofessional I have ever dealt with. If I don't get some progress by next week in addition to reporting them to the better business bureau I will be going to the media.

27th of Jan, 2012

My car involve in accident 11-17-11 today is 1-26-12 I call 100 time to coutry wide the adjuster see my car then send my letter only pay 85% I sign all paper to accept last week and no received any payment I call back to country wide the supervisor close the phone no ask the phone only I whant now how long I need waiting for me car

24th of Feb, 2012

I agree with all of the above reviews about Country wide Insurance claims dept. they are less than stellar when dealing with claims, they do not return phone calls in a timely manner or do not call back at all and slow to providing information to the claimant. I spoke to the rude supervisor Zilla Grennel and she mentioned that the registered owner denied having been in an accident and that my claim can be denied. She mentioned that pictures of the insured's vehicle would have to taken (3 week after the incident???). My SUV was hit on 2/4/2012 and the insured could have gotten there vehicle fixed within 3 weeks. I have filed all documents with DMV, Countrywide and a police report all indicating any false statements/accusations would be grounds for prosecution. I am positive of the license plate number and the driver was female (registered owner is a male). They sent an appraiser and he clearly stated the damages are over $3, 000.00 or more. I used their company's website email service and finally got the manager Brian Legay who immediately sent me an email stating my claim has been reviewed and an offer and release is being issued in settlement of the claim. This all occurred within 8 hours when I have been waiting for 3 weeks for a response. Countrywide is the worst Insurance company ever. Thank God I have Progressive who are very professional. Countrywide got the nerve not to want to deal with my own insurance company about this incident. I am still waiting for the check.

24th of Feb, 2012

I also want to add the above incident was a hit and run accident.

24th of Feb, 2012

An investigative report was done by Lynda Baquero of NBC channel 4 news of New York regarding Countrywide and their customer service regarding claims dated 2/22/2012 news at 5. Not a good outcome for the company however, the gentleman involved was vindicated.

• Un
      15th of Jun, 2012

****COUNTRY WIDE INSURANCE COMPANY IS THE WORST CHOICE I COULD HAVE EVER MADE!!! AFTER JUST A FEW WEEKS ON MY POLICY I RECEIVED A CANCELLATION NOTICE BECAUSE THE UNDERWRITING DEPARTMENT NEEDED INFORMATION FROM EVERYONE WHO CURRENTLY AND PREVIOUSLY LIVED AT MY RESIDENCE! AFTER I ACCOMPLISHED THE TEDIOUS TASK OF SUPPLYING THEM WITH FAMILY MEMBERS IDENTICATION AND INSURANCE AS PER THEIR REQUEST, THEY STILL CONTINUED TO CANCELL MY CLAIM DUE TO ONE FAMILY MEMBER WHO LIVES OUT OF STATE HAVING VIOLATIONS ON HIS DRIVING RECORD!!! MY BROKER EVEN TRIED NEGOTIATING WITH THE COMPANY BY OFFERING A CERTIFIED LETTER AGREEING THAT IF ANYONE ASIDE MYSELF GETS INTO AN ACCIDENT IN MY CAR THAT COUNTRYWIDE WOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGES. THEY ADAMANTLY REFUSED TO WORK WITH ME IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER!!! IM JUST HOPING NOW THAT I DO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR THE REMAINING COVERAGE AND LAST MONTH I ALREADY PAID FOR INITIALLY, OTHERWISE I WILL BE TAKING THEM TO COURT!!! I WOULD NOT WISH THIS SORT OF BLATANT UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISCOURTEOUS SERVICE FOR MY WORST ENEMY! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS VERY AMATEURISH, SHORT-TEMPERED AND ALL AROUND INCOMPETENT!

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2012

DOO NOTTTTT GO TO COUNTRYWIDE!!! They are CROOKS! Rudee and veryy unprofessional. I have been with them for 3 years. Never did I have a accident. Until recently, a car ran a red light and hit another car. Thr car that was hit spinned on my car. My car wasnt even moving and I got hit. It was a hassle to have countrywide pay for therapy and medical expenses. They constantly sent letters saying that they would not pay for therapy and medical expenses. They are suppose to send forms for the injured person/s to fill out, within 5 buisness days. They did it in 3 months. They have now cut me off from the insurance even though the accident had nothing to do with me. When I spoke to a Anthony Torres (EXTREMELY RUDE!!!), he said to me if I have a problem with countrywide I shouldnt care that they cut me off. He also was saying Im cut off because they dont want ro risk another accident even when it is not your fault. I have been there 3 years. Every month paying 268.52. Thats almost 9, 700.the Injures were no where near that. They need to be OUT OF BUISNESS!!! WORSEEEEE INSURANCE! AND MR. ANTHONY TORRES, YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!!!

• Vi
      20th of Oct, 2012

AFTER I CANCLED MY AUTO INS. WITH COUNTRY WIDE THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME MY LAST MONTH REFUND...

• Or
      11th of Sep, 2014

THE WORST CAR INSURANCE COMPANY EVER!!!

• Fe
      20th of Jan, 2015

it has been 9 months since my sons car accident and countrywide is the insurance company he has had to deal with. it has been a nightmare, on top of injuries being dealt with they put you through hell just to get your car fixed
    . I can't understand how a company like this is still in business. something has to be done. I am filing a complaint with the state, maybe if they get enough of them the state will do something about this company. Also notify the better business bureau

• Ca
      17th of Feb, 2015

This is the worst insurance company I have dealt with or heard of. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!!! from these people. I don't understand how they are allowed to stay in business. I was in an accident with some who used them for insurance. It will be a year this April, (it is now almost March), and I still have no car. It is still in the body shop, waiting for payment to be repaired. My rental car was towed months ago because countrywide never payed the bill. They refuse to pay the towing fee to the rental company and the storage fees to the body shop. The shop won't fix the car without getting its storage fees. The other company involved in the accident (progressive) paid their half of the repair, rental, and storage fees. This company countrywide should not be allowed to issue insurance to anyone. I repeat: STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, COUNTRY WIDE INSURANCE!!!

• Zo
      10th of Jun, 2016

I don't think they'er so bad! I am a policyholder and just got my car fixed after a tree fell on it. I was actually looking up what to do since they might have a claim against the property owner upon which the tree sat. However, my experience was fine, and all of you people - let me ask how much you pay? You get what you pay for. If you want cheap rates, then expect them to be strict. Duh. Millenials.