Countrywide Home Loans / terrible customer service!
I've never missed a payment with Countrywide Home Loan's Inc until November 2007. I am ultimately responsible for this delinquent bill but there are mitigating circumstances that I guess were never considered by Countrywide.
#1. I had completely paid off my Home Equity Loan in the month of May and wasn't concerned at all about never receiving a bill for November because I believed there was actually no bill to receive.
#2. I had switched over to making my payments electronically and never received any reminder that a bill was due and payable. I was completely clueless about being in arrears with this loan and not one person from Countrywide ever explained to me what the problem was.
What really upsets me is that the bill is for $18.00 and I was never given the benefit of the doubt. Instead of being treated like a good customer and given a courtesy call concerning this huge $18.00 bill that would have been rectified by me immediately, I was treated with total disrespect when Countrywide refused to honor a $500.00 check deposited by me into my checking account with Bank of America.
I've never had overdraft protection with my bank because my checkbook is always balanced and I don't overdraft. Thanks Bank of America for treating me like a customer, they dropped all the overdraft charges against me because it isn't hard to see that I am a responsible person and my payment record is proof of this. Countrywide and the employee directly responsible for this misuse of power can kiss my #%* because the actions taken by Countrywide were in no way warranted. Next time have a little tact Countrywide.
More Countrywide Home Loans Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America Corporation - b of a branch closings
- Bank of America - business checking
- Bank Of America Corporation - all employees
- Bank of America - business account
- Bank Of America Corporation - problem with bonus offer, acc no: 3830 1534 7967