Countrywide/BOA / modify loan

CA, United States Review updated:

I been tried to remodify my loan with Country Wide/BOA for more than a year now and every time I called in they would tell me to call back in 2 to 3 months and all they would said was at the time " you're current and we cant help you". Alot of BOA employees in modify or retention dept. are very rude. Untill now I have not recieved my package like they said I would recieve in 45days. I had to waited for at least 30min and been transfer at least 3 times before I can get someone to talk to me about my loan. With the goverment loan and offer and had funded the Banks they're sure not in the hurry to help the people that try to keep up with their payments all these years and on time. I wish the goverment would do something more effectively for the Banks to do what they suppose to do with the goverment funds.

Comments

• Ks
      5th of Feb, 2010

I just got a mod through BOA...for the first 6 months I did the same as you...got nowhere, I complained to the office of the president and got results fast...I can get the info if you want. email me...[protected]@gmail.com

Countrywide/BOA - lack of response to Loan Modifiation
    Arkville
    New York

Since June of 2010 I have been in touch with BOA (my original loan was with Countrywide). They have NEVER contacted me, though I have called them at least 1x per week since June. August 7, 2010 I faxed paperwork required to BOA CEO line. Sept 19, 2010 I was finally contected with Loan Negoitatoer's Manager (Dandella Harris, negotiator is Rashimi Kumar) who told me that they had fedexed paperwork to me, but I had called several times and they showed that the paperwork was scheduled to go out but never did. When I spoke with a manager, I was told that it would take 6-8 months to get approved and that this would not stop foreclosure. I have been making payments as I could, payments have been partial to cover principal, insurance and taxes. I am on SSDI (and am scheduled to be re-evaluated in 2011. I receive $1655 per month. My mortgage was $980 and has gone up to $1020 because taxes went up. Yesterday I got a notice of intent to accelerate mortgage and they gave me until 10/20/2010 to pay $1750 or I would be indefault and accelerated payment in full would be due at that time. I payment was not received foreclosure proceedings would start (they also said that they would visit the property to see if I (or anyone)was living at address and if there were any damages, etc...). I have a ton of medical bills that have gone unpaid because I tried to make mortgage payment. This is a FHA loan at 7% interest.
    I have done everything I can to not get to this point to no avail.

21st of Sep, 2010

I too have contacted CEO office and they did connect me with people (sometimes though I was on hold for 20+minutes). But have been waiting for anykind of communication since June of 2010

21st of Sep, 2010

They have 1 excuse after another. I have only been making partial payments and even though have been trying to do the loan modification for the 2nd time faxed over reuired paperwork (1st time in August and again Sept. 19) have just been told that this will not stop foreclosure proceedings. Credit is totally ruined, am on SSDI so a $1020 payment is not possible

• Us
      12th of Oct, 2010

I to, was a victim of 6 months...
    They denied me the 1st time (3months), then called me and said my case was going to reopen (another 3 months)... At the end of it, I had to pay back the rears I owed from the trial payment balances. $4000... and I received an intention of forclosure.
    But here is the kicker, in order for them to start forclosure you have to be 3 months behind. I was only 2. So its no wonder why they are under investigation for forclosure fraud. The banks are not here to help, they are only in business to loan.

• Us
      12th of Oct, 2010

The banks took the our money... not the govt's money and used it for investments and bonuses... not to reinvest it in us...

19th of Jan, 2011

USMCNJ same thing with me. Loan balance went up $5000 so new mortage amount was $960. Interesting though, said I would not have to make any payments until Feb, but they accelerated interest and late fees. They told me I needed to earn more money, Duh, if that were to happen would not need loan mod, BUT, I am on SSDI and am not allowed to work. Filing a complaint with USADA (US Americans with Disabilites Act.)