Country Terrace Water Co. / Failed to notify consumers of possible E.coli in water

1 Highlands, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281.426.1808

A neighbor notified me of seeing on the local news that a "boil water" advisory had been put out for the city of Baytown, and that the residents there had been notified via phone. Here in Highlands, to my knowledge our water comes from part of Baytown's supply, but is routed through cited water company. I called in inquiry and got a completely knowledgeless answering service and had to convince them to have someone from the actual company call my home. A gentleman named Jerry returned my call promptly and tried to sidestep my concerns. He said our water "probably wasn't affected". His reasoning for this was that he had not been notified. I strongly requested that he (representing the water company) proactively contact Baytown authorities to verify that our water in Highlands should not be under advisory. He spoke as though he would do so (in the context more or less to placate me) and call back with information. He did. Our water was, in fact, affected. Had I (or someone else) not called and demanded that this be checked, I feel certain it would have been totally neglected. His only response was that he would place signs. I suggested that he report to the local news authorities so they can issue the warning along with the Baytown warning on the next broadcast, since his company "isn't equipped to call the residents individually". I find this grossly negligent and pray that no one in our city becomes ill.

Ul

Comments

• Mo
      6th of Apr, 2010

i used country terrace water company for a year and they were awful!!! They tried to bill us for using insane amounts of water so we started writing down the meter and the numbers never even came close to matching up. Our neighbors who had 10 people in their house had a bill half the size of ours and we were just two people and a baby. Come to find out our neighbors trailer was on top of their water meter so it NEVER even got read!!! That is the most unprofessional wormy company i have ever seen. We too did not get notified about the water my dad is a cop and called and told me then i read it online from this complaint. How come we cant do anything about these kind of companies? It is sad for the people who live in country terrace because this is the only water company they can use they dont have a choice.