COUNTRY GROCER / LETTING EMPLOYEES STEAL

1 HIGH STREET EXTThomaston, CT, United States

I was doing a bit of research on the Town and the local recent Grads from the high school. I ran across some interesting young adults. I was shocked when I asked what was the most memorable thing that you felt was wrong but did nothing about. I was told multiple times that a classmate, dropout, we will call her "Jackie" worked at the country Grocer as a Cashier. In a very short time of less than 6 weeks, she stole $400.00 right out of the register. A bit at a time. This was being recorded, the owner knew about this and did not report this to the police nor did he fire her immediately. All this is on camera and it appears toa be okay. No police were called and again, they called the parents of this person who was 19 years old asking them to pay back the money. They paid off the debt to keep it from going to the police. What justice is that. It is a Bribe to me and everyone I spoke with. SMALL TOWN OF THOMASTON IS TAKING BRIBES AND NOT CALLING POLICE WHEN CRIMES ARE COMMITTED. THAT IS HORRIFYING AND SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE.

Zo