Country clubmembership cancellation

This is my worst experience with a service based company. The sweetness and the gesture the sales team will show while selling their membership, you will be bound to fall into their trap n once your card is swiped; the way they step back is unbelievable. Following is the description of the incident that I have gone through with “country vacations, a division of country club (I) ltd: in oct 2016, I had been to sharjah expo where one nicely dressed guy asked me to fill up a lucky coupon. I filled it and knew that in a day or two’s time I will get a call for sure. And this is what exactly happened. Immediately on next day, I got a call from a lady informing that I won the lucky draw and two prizes are waiting for me – kitchen set, free vacation for a week for family (2 adults and 2 children) and was one of the luckiest one to get this gift as per lucky draw. I was informed that I need to visit their office country club fitness centre in madina mall along with my family. I was not willing to go as I don’t trust in these offers but still out of curiosity and day out, I went along with my 2 kids, mom and dad. I just wish my husband would have also accompanied us, and then we would have never ever fallen in this trap as he would have never agreed to it. We reached there and inquired about the gifts. The receptionist introduced us to jaman who offered me to attend a presentation that would take 45 mins. I asked that at what time they will start the presentation, he replied immediately after the I go inside the room. Inside, there were few number of tables with one sales guy/girl engaged with 2-3 couples on each table. The briefing about country vacations and country club with offer of tea/coffee started. Then they came out with their actual intention. They wanted me to become a country vacations member and started making offer. They tagged a price of 40000 dhs for membership with country vacations and lifetime membership of country club. I straight away denied the offer since I cannot afford to pay it. Jaman called his manager (Mr. Afroz) and they started bargaining with the price. They finally bought it down brought it down to 31000 dhs for 25 years of membership. They also told us that they will offer us lifetime membership at their new fitness centre to be opened is sharjah at sahara mall and taawun mall. We told give us time to think. We will decide and confirm the next day. But they told us this offer is a one-time offer which would expire the minute we step out from the room and is only for that particular day on the celebration of completing their 25 years of service. Both jaman and afroz, spoke so well and manipulated our minds with all positive things country club will offer, that we could not resist. The main issue for us was the big amount. So we cleared with jaman and afroz that is it possible to divide our membership into 6 (That is for my family, my dad and mom, my elder brother and his family, my younger brother and his family and for my sister in laws brothers family). They agreed and confirmed that we can do this and that each family will get their individual membership cards which they can use as and when. And also the main reason to agree was to go on a family trip on the cruise, as my mom loves to go on cruises. We confirmed from jaman and afroz if they offer cruise as well. And they agreed. We told them we want to go to australia by cruise if all goes well. They asked us to leave it to them to plan our australia trip using their membership and after return, if we do not like the service, we can contact them to cancel our membership. I guess we were one of the few people who got caught on their trap as the offer was lucrative, we finally inquired about the cancellation part again where they told us that at any point of time we can sell our membership (That we considered as cancellation since selling itself means our member is being cancelled and we no longer have into any further contract with them). He also told that we can also transfer this membership to any of our family members. They said that is ok and they will arrange for our travel plan after all the membership cards are ready. We asked them the payment method and they gave us option of emi of either 12 months or 24 months. And we agreed for 24 months emi. None of our family members have a credit card other than my dad. And he was mad the ‘bali ka bakra’ that unlucky day. But, unfortunately his credit limit on his city bank credit card was only 21 for that particular month. So, I offered for the deduction of 11000 dhs through my emirates nbd debit card. And it was told that the next month when my dad gets his credit limit back, they will reimburse me the 11000 dhs and will deduct it from his credit card again. They swiped my card even before signing the agreement and also while signing when I wanted to go through the agreement but they did not allow us to do so saying that “madam, need not worry. It has all the information that we have discussed now and you can read it later. You need not worry, we will take care of everything and we are here to give you the best services. Cv is a service based company and your satisfaction is our priority” when I asked repeatedly if I can cancel the membership if I am not satisfied, they said that I don’t need to worry on that front and that it can be done easily hassle-free. They were in a big hurry as it was 9 pm and time for them to close their office. They did not even give us time to go through the documents. They told they will handle everything once we sign the documents. They did not even for once tell us that refund is not at all possible. They also offered us a discount on flight tickets if we book through them. They told I will receive a the membership cards for me, my husband, 2 kids, mom and dad in 7-10 working days. And for the cards of the remaining members I have to send them and email with all the members full name, id card copies and date of birth. Jaman told us that we will get that I will receive a call from their head office immediately and I have to tell that I have made the payment of 31500 dhs and not 31000. I was also not handed over the original or copy of the agreement and the receipts of the deduction on the credit and debit card. And to top it all, we were offered for a free buffet lunch for all the joining family members. This was like the icing on the cake. My other family members were surprised as well as shocked to see such a treatment frm country club to its members. I immediately got a call from head office welcoming me to join the membership in their club. They too never spoke anything about no refund policy or cool off period. From the very next day, I have been following up with jaman and afroz regarding our emi. As, my dad received no message from his bank that the money he swiped for will be deducted in 24 installments. Infact the full amount of 21000 dhs was deducted from his credit card at once and 11000 dhs frm my debit card. Within 2 weeks we received our membership cards. I kept on following up regarding the cards for my other family members. As, without the cards, none of them can start to us the services. And, they kept telling us that it is under process. 1 month had passed by, and we got still no information about our emi and other cards. Finally, I stopped receiving replies from the manager afroz from 29th nov. He had disappeared. And anything you ask to the agent jaman, he puts it up on the head of afroz. Saying that afroz told all this and not he, so we should contact afroz. But, what to do if afroz is not replying back. This is when we realized that we have been cheated. We were so upset thinking that we have lost my hard earned money. I tried following up wherever possible. But no one seemed to understand my situation and no one bothered to get back and help us. Messages on whatsapp were not replied to and then calls made multiple times for explanation were also not answered. Every time jaman came up with some different story. He told that afroz had travelled on emergency ground and could not reply back. But till date, that is even after 4 months, he has not replied back. He even does not have the courtesy to call back and check if our isses have been resolved. They were so quick in deduction of money. It was done instantly. But to answer queries, they have no time or courtesy. On further discussions I found out that the sales team has made a lot of false promises. I called customer care and inquired about the same. Then they gave me contact number for mr. Bashir who is I think the area sales manager. After continuous messages to him on whats app and calls on his mobile, he finally agreed to meet us to try to resolve the issue. I along with my mom and dad went to meet bashir at his office in karama. There he told other than refund if I have anything else to discuss, I could. As refund is not at all possible. But I tried to explain to him that we were never informed that refund is not possible. And what is our mistake in this. I told him that we did not receive the agreement copy or the payment receipts. He spoke to the customer service lady yashika and told to forward me. I asked him what about the cards of our other family memebers. He said this is against the rules to give membership to so many family members. I told him that I had clearly asked jaman and afroz about this, and they agreed. So, bashir said its not possible. And now he will raise a new request for all individual family members and all will get separate cards. And that I have to send them email with other members id copies and date of birth. I told him, this I had already sent the next day of becoming a member that is 1.5 months back. And, I also asked him about the emi. He gave me an option that my dad will have to reswipe his credit card with the full amount of 31000 dhs and then country club will issue a postdated cheque of the same amount to my dad. But, now my dad already being cheated does not want to reswipe his credit card. But, then they have no other option to convert the deducted amount to emi now. But is this our issue. But, bashir was in no mood to listen other than with this option. The next day I sent the email with details of all other members, but still after more 1.5 months, bashir is telling it is under process as it needs many approvals which they have got now. He also advised me that till the other members do not get their cards, they can use the cards which are already ready. But my brother and his wife tried to use my card in the bur dubai fitness centre, and they were denied access. This is so annoying. By now, all the other family members have lost complete faith in country club and their agents. No staff is ready and willing to help. I waited for a week, still yashika had not sent my agreement copies. Then finally, I got hold of some other lady and she sent me the agreement copy.In it, 1 clause helped beneficial for us. Unfortunately, my dad also got retired from his work after 40 years of service as he had completed 60 years of age. This was the most turning point for us. As my mom and dad will now move back to india and will not be able to make the payment, we wery upset. And accepted some person to understand our plight. How do they expect my dad to reswipe his credit card when he is not on job any more. And, also while going through the agreement I came across one point.

When my dad and mom have relocated, why cannot I get a refund on the basis of the above mentioned point. From oct 2016 till date I have been regularly behind them following about the refund, emi deduction and cards for the other members. But none of it has been answered to.
My question is when they have failed to follow the ethical business practices and followed all unfair trade practices (False offerings, false commitments, hidden policies) , why I am being forced to continue with their membership. I have not availed any of their services and they have failed to become trustworthy so I am not liable to pay them any amount. I have sent them a detailed complaint letter with the cancellation request.In return, I got no clarifications on my inquiries. Mr. Bashir is now telling us to by a property against the money we have given. But, we will not get refund. He is forcing us to continue the service and telling that the purchase agreement has no clause for cancellation. I am still fighting with them to get my hard earned money back but not got or getting any helpful response from them. I am having stressful days since the day I visited this company. Could not concentrate on my work. As a citizen of india, I would like to bring this wrong act into the notice of all indians. Please do not get into the trap of this illegal act. I have been chasing them but those company professionals are playing tricks with me now. I have also sent mails to their branch and corporate office and waiting to get any helpful response from them. But I am surprised to see how they have completed their 25 years of service by cheating the peoples. This is also to raise the concerned authorities to take action and stop such kind of companies to deceive people like me. They not only hide information, misguide but also doing crime which is going unnoticed. We all are well aware that country vacations (Cv) denies providing any cooling-off period to its members as per the regulations set by airda and clearly states that the membership amount is non-refundable. Ccil/country vacation used to be a member of airda (All india resorts development association) before and all airda members has to obliged the airda 10days cooling off period, during which customer has the right to withdraw his membership and get his refund. (If you have the fraudulent intentions and pathetic service towards your customers, obviously customer would like to disassociate themselves and the same is happening in ccil case. So, they want to safeguard their money at any cost without giving standard services and disassociated itself from airda in last quarter in order to not follow the cooling off period rule. (This action defines what the motto of ccil is) please visit https://countryvacationscheat. Wordpress.com/2013/04/11/country-vacations-cooling-off-period/. You will surely be enlightened since when and how these cv personals trying to cheat their customers and however people are trying their hard to get the hard earned money back. There was also a case filed against cv / ccil; in the consumer forum ludhiana judgement in victim's case (Case no.553, dt.05.07.2012) the hon’ble judge specifically addressed this issue of ‘non-refundability’ – “further the plea taken by the ops (Country vacations) that as per the terms and conditions of the impugned contract, the membership fee once paid is non-refundable is also not sustainable, as the impugned contract is one sided standard form of contract (Where the parties are not equal in the bargaining power) which the ops got prepared according to serve their interest and the complainants were supposed to sign only on the dotted line. For such a view we are guided by the judgement by the hon’ble supreme court reported in air1986 (Sc) 1571. ” http://countryvacationscheat. Wordpress.com/2013/04/11/country-vacations-cooling-off-period/#comment-823 ; http://articles. Timesofindia. Indiatimes.com/2013-04-13/ludhiana/[protected]_1_membership-and-refund-country-vacations-company please help me to get my money back since this a purely a fraud that has happened to me. Everyone of us work hard day and night to earn this money that this cv sales people loot in their so called 45 mins presentation. Thanking you, zeba

• Updated by Zebapalekar, Feb 04, 2017

This is my worst experience with a service based company. The sweetness and the gesture the sales team will show while selling their membership, you will be bound to fall into their trap n once your card is swiped; the way they step back is unbelievable. Following is the description of the Incident that I have gone through with “Country Vacations, A Division of Country Club (I) Ltd: In Oct 2016, I had been to Sharjah Expo where one nicely dressed guy asked me to fill up a lucky coupon. I filled it and knew that in a day or two’s time I will get a call for sure. And this is what exactly happened. Immediately on next day, I got a call from a lady informing that I won the lucky draw and two prizes are waiting for me – kitchen set, free vacation for a week for family (2 adults and 2 children) and was one of the luckiest one to get this gift as per lucky draw. I was informed that I need to visit their office Country Club Fitness Centre in Madina Mall along with my family. I was not willing to go as I don’t trust in these offers but still out of curiosity and day out, I went along with my 2 kids, mom and dad. I just wish my husband would have also accompanied us, and then we would have never ever fallen in this trap as he would have never agreed to it. We reached there and inquired about the gifts. The receptionist introduced us to Jaman who offered me to attend a presentation that would take 45 mins. I asked that at what time they will start the presentation, he replied immediately after the I go inside the room. Inside, there were few number of tables with one sales guy/girl engaged with 2-3 couples on each table. The briefing about Country Vacations and Country Club with offer of Tea/coffee started. Then they came out with their actual intention. They wanted me to become a Country Vacations member and started making offer. They tagged a price of 40000 dhs for membership with Country Vacations and lifetime membership of Country Club. I straight away denied the offer since I cannot afford to pay it. Jaman called his manager (Mr. Afroz) and they started bargaining with the price. They finally bought it down brought it down to 31000 dhs for 25 years of membership. They also told us that they will offer us lifetime membership at their new Fitness centre to be opened is Sharjah at Sahara Mall and Taawun Mall. We told give us time to think. We will decide and confirm the next day. But they told us this offer is a one-time offer which would expire the minute we step out from the room and is only for that particular day on the celebration of completing their 25 years of service. Both Jaman and Afroz, spoke so well and manipulated our minds with all positive things country club will offer, that we could not resist. The main issue for us was the big amount. So we cleared with Jaman and Afroz that is it possible to divide our membership into 6 (that is for my family, my dad and mom, my elder brother and his family, my younger brother and his family and for my sister in laws brothers family). They agreed and confirmed that we can do this and that each family will get their individual membership cards which they can use as and when. And also the main reason to agree was to go on a family trip on the Cruise, as my mom loves to go on cruises. We confirmed from Jaman and Afroz if they offer cruise as well. And they agreed. We told them we want to go to Australia by cruise if all goes well. They asked us to leave it to them to plan our Australia trip using their membership and after return, if we do not like the service, we can contact them to cancel our membership. I guess we were one of the few people who got caught on their trap as the offer was lucrative, We finally inquired about the cancellation part again where they told us that at any point of time we can sell our membership (that we considered as cancellation since selling itself means our member is being cancelled and we no longer have into any further contract with them). He also told that we can also transfer this membership to any of our Family members. They said that is ok and they will arrange for our travel plan after all the membership cards are ready. We asked them the payment method and they gave us option of EMI of either 12 months or 24 months. And we agreed for 24 months EMI. None of our family members have a credit card other than my dad. And he was mad the ‘Bali ka Bakra’ that unlucky day. But, unfortunately his credit limit on his City Bank credit card was only 21 for that particular month. So, I offered for the deduction of 11000 dhs through my Emirates NBD debit card. And it was told that the next month when my dad gets his credit limit back, they will reimburse me the 11000 dhs and will deduct it from his credit card again. They swiped my card even before signing the agreement and also while signing when I wanted to go through the agreement but they did not allow us to do so saying that “Madam, need not worry. It has all the information that we have discussed now and you can read it later. You need not worry, we will take care of everything and we are here to give you the best services. CV is a service based company and your satisfaction is our priority” When I asked repeatedly if I can cancel the membership if I am not satisfied, they said that I don’t need to worry on that front and that it can be done easily hassle-free. They were in a big hurry as it was 9 pm and time for them to close their office. They did not even give us time to go through the documents. They told they will handle everything once we sign the documents. They did not even for once tell us that refund is not at all possible. They also offered us a discount on flight tickets if we book through them. They told I will receive a the membership cards for me, my husband, 2 kids, mom and dad in 7-10 working days. And for the cards of the remaining members I have to send them and email with all the members full name, ID card copies and date of birth. Jaman told us that we will get that I will receive a call from their head office immediately and I have to tell that I have made the payment of 31500 dhs and not 31000. I was also not handed over the original or copy of the agreement and the receipts of the deduction on the credit and debit card. And to top it all, we were offered for a free buffet lunch for all the joining family members. This was like the icing on the cake. My other family members were surprised as well as shocked to see such a treatment frm country club to its members. I immediately got a call from head office welcoming me to join the membership in their club. They too never spoke anything about no refund policy or cool off period. From the very next day, I have been following up with Jaman and Afroz regarding our EMI. As, my dad received no message from his bank that the money he swiped for will be deducted in 24 installments. Infact the full amount of 21000 dhs was deducted from his credit card at once and 11000 dhs frm my debit card. Within 2 weeks we received our membership cards. I kept on following up regarding the cards for my other family members. As, without the cards, none of them can start to us the services. And, they kept telling us that it is under process. 1 month had passed by, and we got still no information about our EMI and other cards. Finally, I stopped receiving replies from the manager Afroz from 29th Nov. He had disappeared. And anything you ask to the agent Jaman, he puts it up on the head of Afroz. Saying that Afroz told all this and not he, so we should contact Afroz. But, what to do if Afroz is not replying back. This is when we realized that we have been cheated. We were so upset thinking that we have lost my hard earned money. I tried following up wherever possible. But no one seemed to understand my situation and no one bothered to get back and help us. Messages on whatsapp were not replied to and then calls made multiple times for explanation were also not answered. Every time Jaman came up with some different story. He told that Afroz had travelled on emergency ground and could not reply back. But till date, that is even after 4 months, he has not replied back. He even does not have the courtesy to call back and check if our isses have been resolved. They were so quick in deduction of money. It was done instantly. But to answer queries, they have no time or courtesy. On further discussions I found out that the Sales team has made a lot of false promises. I called customer care and inquired about the same. Then they gave me contact number for Mr. Bashir who is I think the area sales manager. After continuous messages to him on whats app and calls on his mobile, he finally agreed to meet us to try to resolve the issue. I along with my mom and dad went to meet Bashir at his office in Karama. There he told other than refund if I have anything else to discuss, I could. As refund is not at all possible. But I tried to explain to him that we were never informed that refund is not possible. And what is our mistake in this. I told him that we did not receive the agreement copy or the payment receipts. He spoke to the customer service lady Yashika and told to forward me. I asked him what about the cards of our other family memebers. He said this is against the rules to give membership to so many family members. I told him that I had clearly asked Jaman and Afroz about this, and they agreed. So, Bashir said its not possible. And now he will raise a new request for all individual family members and all will get separate cards. And that I have to send them email with other members ID copies and date of birth. I told him, this I had already sent the next day of becoming a member that is 1.5 months back. And, I also asked him about the EMI. He gave me an option that my dad will have to reswipe his credit card with the full amount of 31000 dhs and then country club will issue a postdated cheque of the same amount to my dad. But, now my dad already being cheated does not want to reswipe his credit card. But, then they have no other option to convert the deducted amount to EMI now. But is this our issue. But, Bashir was in no mood to listen other than with this option. The next day I sent the email with details of all other members, but still after more 1.5 months, Bashir is telling it is under process as it needs many approvals which they have got now. He also advised me that till the other members do not get their cards, they can use the cards which are already ready. But my brother and his wife tried to use my card in the Bur Dubai Fitness Centre, and they were denied access. This is so annoying. By now, all the other family members have lost complete faith in country club and their agents. No staff is ready and willing to help. I waited for a week, still Yashika had not sent my agreement copies. Then finally, I got hold of some other lady and she sent me the agreement copy. In it, 1 clause helped beneficial for us. Unfortunately, my dad also got retired from his work after 40 years of service as he had completed 60 years of age. This was the most turning point for us. As my mom and dad will now move back to India and will not be able to make the payment, we wery upset. And accepted some person to understand our plight. How do they expect my dad to reswipe his credit card when he is not on job any more. And, also while going through the agreement I came across one point.

When my dad and mom have relocated, why cannot I get a refund on the basis of the above mentioned point.From Oct 2016 till date I have been regularly behind them following about the refund, EMI deduction and cards for the other members. But none of it has been answered to.
    My question is when they have failed to fulfil their commitments, why I am being forced to continue with their membership. I have not availed any of their services and they have failed to become trustworthy. I have sent them a detailed complaint letter with the cancellation request. In return, I got no clarifications on my inquiries. Only response that no refund. This is it. There has to be some way out from all this, right. Mr. Bashir is now telling us to by a property against the money we have given. But, we will not get refund. He is forcing us to continue the service and telling that the purchase agreement has no clause for cancellation. I am still fighting with them to get my hard earned money back but not got or getting any helpful response from them. I am having stressful days since the day I visited this company. I cannot even concentrate on my work. Every day I am sending them messages, emails, call..But, I have still not got a proper response. I have been chasing them for long now. I have also sent mails to their branch and corporate office and waiting to get any helpful response from them. But I am surprised to see how they have completed their 25 years of service by doing all this. This is also to raise the concerned authorities to take some action. They not only hide information but misguide too. Please help me to get my money back since this a purely a cheating that has happened to me. Every one of us works hard day and night to earn this money. Thanking you, Zeba

Ze
Jan 15, 2017

Comments

• Ih
      Mar 27, 2018

I am also a victim, my story is not different than any other, almost same methods they are using everywhere. It’s about 5 years I could not book a single holiday, I am totally trapped. We should complaint to local courts to take this matter up.