Counterforce Usa - - - Alarm System / alarm didn't work, crooked billing practices

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

In April 2006 we signed a 3 year agreement for counterforce to install and monitor an alarm system in our home. The system never worked right. The batteries were constantly going out, the inside of the panel was broken so our phone service was always going out( THANK GOD FOR CELL PHONES), the system would not arm as it said we had multiple doors open when they were closed and locked. It kept us up most nights CONSTANTLY BEEPING to alert us that closed doors were open!!! Finally it started saying that the smoke alarm had been tampered with . OMG!!! could they have given us more of a piece of junk??? We finally removed the power to the alarm and sent counterforce a letter to cancel our service. This was in May of 2008. In September we got a letter for service fees for July and August of 2008, I called and was told they never received my cancellation letter. I sent a new one. In November 2008 we got two bills on the same day both dated 11/12/2008 one was an early termination fee of $332.85, the second was another bill for service from July through October 2008. I called AGAIN, I was told they AGAIN had not received our cancellation letter. THEN WHY THE EARLY TERMINATION FEE??? That shows acknowledgement that we cancelled our service. They said no the rep in July took my word for it and went ahead and processed and ETF. Then why the bill for service? Again they claim they didn't receive my letter from July. Again another letter went out. We continued to receive harassing collection calls. I stated at every call that when I receive a correct ETF letter that says our account is cancelled and what amount EXACTILY is owed, we will pay. APRIL 2009 we got an ETF bill for $375.55. WHAT???? did my ETF go up??? Our ETF should have been 80% of the remaining time on our contract from July 2008 through March 2009, roughlt $288. Boy their alarm system sucks, their customer service is even worse AND apparently they can't do simple math either!!!

Kr

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2009

Counterforce USA is crooked. I had a service company called First Line Security go out of business, sell their database of active customers to both ADT and Counterforce USA. At the same time, I was informed by First Line Security that ADT was my provider. I moved to a different state and scheduled with ADT a change of address request to maintain service. Was being billed by Counterforce USA for 8 months until I noticed what was going on.
    They were completely difficult to deal with, including a customer service Automated Attendant designed to work in an automated loop without being able to reach a representative. I finally had to concede I would not get a refund from them, wrote them a termination of service letter (I was out of contract, if you could even say I was bound by one given that ADT was my official service provider stemming from the original account) and they still billed by another month of service after the written notice of termination. Now they put it in collection for a months service. I contacted the bbb.org (better business bureau) for Houston area as the parent company to CounterForce USA is UTC Fire & Safety.
    They are already in the BBB's company database.

13th of Feb, 2010

We had similar situation and have switched to another local alarm company. Counterforce bought our monitoring contract from Guardian Alarms in late 2005. We have been dutifully paying our bill every month. Long story short, we found out that we had been paying monitoring services for 2 years when they were not actually receiving the signal since the cell switch over in Feb 2006. Our alarm was an analog cell dialer and we never received any type of notice from Counterforce about the switchover (despite receiving notices for our cell phones at the same tie from AT&T so companies did indeed from clients of potential problems and this has been verified by our new alarm company, who told us they informed all their clients of the switchover and all companies were required to do so.). All attempts to reconcile the situation were futile and involved hours on hold, blatantly rude and combative customer service people (no matter how nice I was) and supposed supervisors who out and out lied, saying they would take care of the problem, which they didn't. They wanted us to sign an additional 3 year contract to upgrade the cell unit to a digital one. I would agreed to sign the contract if the credited us for the months we had not received any monitoring services. It never happened. We are now pursuing legal action for breach of contract on their part and a refund for services never rendered. We are also filing complaints with the FCC, the local alarm licensing board and the BBB (which I believe to be a joke as businesses are their prime source of income). I am making it my personal quest to tell all potential alarm clients to RUN from this company after the way we have been treated and scammed by Counterforce, one of the worst companies I have ever had to do business with in my life. Find a good local company that has been in business for a long time and you will be much better off in the long run.