Costco.com / think again before ordering anything through costco.com!

I ordered a bedroom set online at Costco.com on 11 Aug 06. The website promised 4-6 weeks for delivery. My credit card was charged on 11 Aug for $3,727.48. I received an email on 24 Aug 06 stating that my furniture was shipped on 23 Aug 06 but I cannot check the status of delivery. Then six weeks passed without hearing anything about my furniture. I called Costco.com and was told that Costco.com had to check with the delivery company because they cannot check the status of delivery themselves. After two more phone calls to Costco.com customer service and two phone calls with the delivery company I found out that my furniture needed to be repaired before delivery. I did not pay a full price to buy repaired furniture so I cancelled the order.

I was told that it will take 7-10 days to before I receive my refund. Waited 10 days but did not receive a refund and did not receive any phone call from Costco.com for the status of my refund. I called Costco.com again and was told that it took 7 days for them to get an authorization from the delivery company so they need another week before I can get my money back. One more week went by without my money and any update from Costco.com. I called again on a Friday and was told that they never received an authorization from the delivery company and the refund section was not open that day but he will send them an email requesting to expedite my claim. I sent them an email requesting an immediate return of my money and my intention to file a formal complaint. The weekend went by but still no phone call or refund received next Monday. I called again on Tuesday. I was told that the refund section was not in Monday either but they will send another email to the refund section. I asked for a supervisor and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I did receive a call back from a supervisor that day (Tuesday) and she told me that she will escalate this situation and will give me a call back as soon as it gets resolved. No more phone calls that day. No phone calls on Wednesday either.

Now it’s Thursday 26 Oct 06. I’ve been without my money ($3,727.48) for a day short of 11 weeks, never received my furniture, and close to no customer service from Costco.com.

What I learned from this experience:

1) Never again order furniture through Costco.com.
2) Costco.com does not follow through with their promise nor do they, as a company, care how I feel or what I say.
3) Think again before ordering anything through Costco.com and consider how long I can live without my money and nothing in return for my money.

I am uncertain when, if ever, Costco.com is going to return my money and I need to find a way to get my money sooner. I still need bedroom furniture but I don’t have my money anymore.

KR
Nokesville, VA 20181

• mcintirept's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Also, Costco sells so much chicken, why can't you offer free range chicken and eggs instead? People might pay a little more if the chickens were treated in some kind of "humane" fashion.

Kr
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

19th of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Service your cashier provided.
    Ann Arbor
    Michigan

Today I had a racism comment from one of your cashier. I strongly advise you to train your employees better. Because when this happens again, I just might sue you for civil rights violation.

• Su
    Kirkland - Kirkland homogenized milk
    Austin
    Colorado

Homogenized milk has an expiry date of 21 sep 2017 but it expired on 15 sep 2017 before the expiry date.Costco will give 2 gallons of milk but we never open one gallon before 15 sep 2017 also it was keep on refrigerated. So now the one gallon of milk is wasted .

• Yi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Cool Plus Plain Cultured Drink
    Edison
    New Jersey

I always come to Costco to buy Cool Plus Plain Cultured Dairy Drink. My daughter loves it. They are healthy drink, good for the digest system. Today, I went to buy, was so disappointed to see that you don't carry them anymore. Could you please continue to provide the drink?
    Yimeng

• Mi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Customer Service
    Henderson, NV

The cashier at Henderson, NV Costco, Cathy Jo, very rude, this is the third time she has tried to admonish me about how I stack items in my cart. No "Hi how are you?" and when I left didn't speak to her, and she yelled at me "You're welcome sir!" in front of everyone. Very unprofessional.

• Su
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - navel oranges rancid
    Pentagon City, VA

We bought bag of navels Sunday, Aug. 27, at Pentagon City, VA. Among family members, we've tried 6 or so; they are all bad. Will be tossing the rest.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Customer services
    Turlock
    California

I just want to let you know to hire more better employees that actually acknowledge and care for the customers. I asked Vickie for my order and she said it wasn't ready. All the other employees ignored my presents as well. My mom had to come tell them how she placed her order over an hour and it turns out it had been ready.

• Dy
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Food Court
    Tempe
    Arizona

I'd like to say, until further notice, I don't recommend buying their berry smoothies. For 2.95, they honestly sadly taste like fruit garbage. They took their original, made it terrible, and jacked the Price...

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Your lack of customer service
    Portland
    Connecticut

Came in to buy 6 pizzas and couldn't get rung up for bags of ice. Went to customer service and still couldn't get rung up for ice. I am an assistant manager for Safeway, which we would have handled the situation 100% better. I'm a black card member and I possess your citi credit card as well, wish I could get some respect and service.

• Mi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Cannonball bike
    Los Angeles
    California

I bought a the bike for my daughter and the bike was part of the recall and Costco send me latter saying that I could return the bike to any Costco warehouse because it's part of the recall but when I came to the store they denied the return even though the bike wasn't safe it's recall

• Zh
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Service
    South Jordan
    Utah
    costco.com

Poor service ! The cashier was rude. No greetings, no telling the amount, leaving the receipt on the pin pad without saying anything. He was Chatting with other employee during the service. This person's name is ALEJANDRO S who is working at South Jordan Costco. I have attached the receipt . Thanks

• Cf
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - kirkland organic hard boiled eggs

The new Kirkland hard-boiled eggs taste gross and have a terrible consistency. They taste old and close to being rotten. NEVER had this problem with the previously stocked Wilcox organic hard-boiled eggs. PLEASE bring those back!

• Fa
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Kirkland Honey
    Thornhill
    British Columbia
    Canada

Hi
    Do you think this is respect to the customer rights.

• De
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - product advertized on bag...NOT IN BAG
    Lafayette
    Louisiana

I purchased a HUGE bag of Kirkland Signature 150 pieces Chocolate from your Lafayette, La store...on the outside of bag it advertized "YORK PERRERMENT PATTIES:"...We emptied ENTIRE bag...NOT 1 YORK PATTIE...I did NOT get what I paid ($$$$$$$) for...very dissatisified!!!

• Gr
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Costco eggs
    Gaithersburg
    Maryland

I am disappointed that costco has dropped Egglands best eggs. There is such a difference in the quality of the eggs between costco Kirkland eggs and egg lands best eggs.
    I know that costco is all about getting the best price and quality, so please do not cut out quality.
    Please bring back Egglands best eggs.

• Ap
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Packaged beans
    Mobile
    Alabama

Packaged Beans very Bad not once every time I bought them were bad

• Te
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Product availability
    Bothell, Wa

Why have this bread is no longer available at Costco in Washington

BFREE, brown seeded loaf.

This is a gluten free, egg free, dairy free and soy free bread that my family has been buying from Costco. Main reason why we renew our membership as Sam's does not sell this product. Should I change to Sam's then ?

• Le
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Organic mini seedless watermelons
    Scottsdale
    Arizona

Member 111846854398
    Purchase 10/05/2017
    Items: 9009 ORGANIC Mini Watermelons
    Price $ 5.99

I bought a bag of 2 mini seedless watermelons this morning. Unfortunately, one of them was completely spoiled.
    Would it be possible to get a total refund for the bag of 2?

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Sandrine Chagnot

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Tires
    Vaughan
    Ontario
    Canada

Worst customer service I have ever seen. Bought new tires, spent over a grand and they did no balance my tires properly. The car shakes and the gas pedal shakes at high speeds on the highway. So I call Costco to book an appt but I didn't even get that far, I called them over 8 times, they just pick up and hang up

10th of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Regarding your Costco.com Order #656259858 [Incident: 170830-014282]
    North Brunswick

Costco folks

- this deserves complaint to consumers forum
    - really bad service
    - 3 months and no sign of furniture
    - $4000 paid for 3 months
    - no response from costco
    - no one picks up the call from delivery company
    - it’s totally messed up situation
    - no idea when someone will come and delivery
    - really 3 months and no empathy!

Costco Wholesale Corporation - Order number 656259858