Costco.com / think again before ordering anything through costco.com!

I ordered a bedroom set online at Costco.com on 11 Aug 06. The website promised 4-6 weeks for delivery. My credit card was charged on 11 Aug for $3,727.48. I received an email on 24 Aug 06 stating that my furniture was shipped on 23 Aug 06 but I cannot check the status of delivery. Then six weeks passed without hearing anything about my furniture. I called Costco.com and was told that Costco.com had to check with the delivery company because they cannot check the status of delivery themselves. After two more phone calls to Costco.com customer service and two phone calls with the delivery company I found out that my furniture needed to be repaired before delivery. I did not pay a full price to buy repaired furniture so I cancelled the order.

I was told that it will take 7-10 days to before I receive my refund. Waited 10 days but did not receive a refund and did not receive any phone call from Costco.com for the status of my refund. I called Costco.com again and was told that it took 7 days for them to get an authorization from the delivery company so they need another week before I can get my money back. One more week went by without my money and any update from Costco.com. I called again on a Friday and was told that they never received an authorization from the delivery company and the refund section was not open that day but he will send them an email requesting to expedite my claim. I sent them an email requesting an immediate return of my money and my intention to file a formal complaint. The weekend went by but still no phone call or refund received next Monday. I called again on Tuesday. I was told that the refund section was not in Monday either but they will send another email to the refund section. I asked for a supervisor and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I did receive a call back from a supervisor that day (Tuesday) and she told me that she will escalate this situation and will give me a call back as soon as it gets resolved. No more phone calls that day. No phone calls on Wednesday either.

Now it’s Thursday 26 Oct 06. I’ve been without my money ($3,727.48) for a day short of 11 weeks, never received my furniture, and close to no customer service from Costco.com.

What I learned from this experience:

1) Never again order furniture through Costco.com.
2) Costco.com does not follow through with their promise nor do they, as a company, care how I feel or what I say.
3) Think again before ordering anything through Costco.com and consider how long I can live without my money and nothing in return for my money.

I am uncertain when, if ever, Costco.com is going to return my money and I need to find a way to get my money sooner. I still need bedroom furniture but I don’t have my money anymore.

KR
Nokesville, VA 20181

• mcintirept's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Also, Costco sells so much chicken, why can't you offer free range chicken and eggs instead? People might pay a little more if the chickens were treated in some kind of "humane" fashion.

Kr

Comments

• Su
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Kirkland - Kirkland homogenized milk
    Austin
    Colorado

Homogenized milk has an expiry date of 21 sep 2017 but it expired on 15 sep 2017 before the expiry date.Costco will give 2 gallons of milk but we never open one gallon before 15 sep 2017 also it was keep on refrigerated. So now the one gallon of milk is wasted .

19th of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Service your cashier provided.
    Ann Arbor
    Michigan

Today I had a racism comment from one of your cashier. I strongly advise you to train your employees better. Because when this happens again, I just might sue you for civil rights violation.

• Me
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale west Springfield ma - Milk
    west Springfield
    Massachusetts

Several times we have bought milk that goes bad before the expiration date. This has happened one too many times.

• Dr
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Sunscreen!
    Katy
    Texas

Howdy...I live down South and am a regular shopper. I count on y'all to keep sunscreen on your shelves. I asked for it today and your guy said it was seasonal. PLEASE keep some
    In stock of y'all can.

Thank You!

15th of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - checkout
    Pewaukee
    Wisconsin

Madison in the Pewaukee, wi store didn't show much cheer. Was too rushed and when I asked for a box she threw my food in it with no comment. Not what I usually experienced at the Costco in grafton.

• Fa
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - costco pizza
    Menomonee Falls
    Wisconsin

I am wondering why at almost every warehouse I travel too that the ouzza dough in the food bar is never cooked through? I am now at the Menomonee Falls store and it is almost raw except for one thin outer layer. Tastes poor that way and very bad for colonic health. I took pics and will include. Thank you. ..Fabian

• Du
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Mocha Freeze... 100% mark up.
    Kahului
    Hawaii

From 1.50 to 2.99?! Who does that? At least not what you would expect from"Costco"? Sure you make tones of money already, with out having to price gouge the Mocha Freeze? Just saying...

Costco Wholesale Corporation - berry smoothie
    Torrance
    California

Kids are refusing to drink berry smoothie...twice in a week!

So this is not a singular issue, I suppose ?

Appears Costco has substituted sugar in their flagship Berry Smoothie for something else ?

Am returning it - BAD PRODUCT - RETURN TO SENDER -.

We expect better from COSTCO

• Ti
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - fresh sokai salmon
    Utica
    Michigan

I bought the fresh wild caught Sokai Salmon from Shelby Twp MI Costco. But found worms about 1 inches long and 1mm thick on the meat. Took it to Shelby Twp MI Costco but the manager said it common on fresh fish and returned money. It's seems like a common issue for you guys.
    I don't trust your meat anymore.

• Br
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - kirkland bacon
    Canada

i recently bought some kirkland maple bacon and when i opened it it appeared to have a green substance, i assume to be mold all through it i had to throw it out. see the attached pictures

• Sl
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - kirkland wheat bread
    Clovis
    California

I Love the Kirkland multi grain bread with the green package! Last few times I've been shopping I haven't seen it. I need it back in the stores. I Love it and don't know what I would do without it. I shop in Clovis. Maybe you still have in your Fresno store? Please respond to let me know why it was taken away from me and where I can find it.

22nd of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - not a complaint... more of a concern or suggestion.
    Los Angeles
    California

Hello: Purchase two to four cartons of Kirkland Coconut water at a time.
    It comes in a sturdy box that I've run out of uses for, therefore i must throw out the box...I would be willing to bring in the original box and fill it to be checked out at register.
    Food for thought...
    Sincerely,
    Rose Rowlett, Senior Citizen
    Costco Member

• Ir
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Costco - kirkland solid white albacore tuna
    Dana Point
    California

For quality control purposes wanted you to know that the attached images of the can of tuna shows that the product was bad when we opened it. When Opened it had an orange color . Slight odor .

• Se
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - watermelon
    Alpharetta
    Georgia
    Costco.com

I purchased a watermelon last week in Alpharetta, GA Costco club, and yesterday it literally exploded on my dining table. It caused significant damage to my dining table, chairs, and my hardwood flooring - see pictures.

• Li
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - rude customer service
    Edmonton (1270)
    Alberta
    Canada
    costco.ca

When I went to the customer service and there was a guy named Shawn, he was so rude and boastful, he didn't deserved to be there. I feel so bad, you're paying your membership card and then the staff are not really friendly. I hope you will do an action for this matter.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - east-west rotisserie bbq sauce
    Winston Salem, North Carolina

The East-West Rotisserie BBQ Sauce that you use on your ribs is too good not to share with members. How dare you not package and make it available for purchase. Please, please, please consider a change in this policy. I really want to be able to use it in my own grilling at home. Fear not, I'll still keep buying your ribs. :)

Ken Wilson

• Je
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - food
    Manteca
    California

A food preparers glove was found in my chicken Alfredo pasta. It was and is disgusting.

23rd of Oct, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - need a proper line system in optical or pick a number
    San Antonio
    Texas

6/7/16 around 1945h
    Was in line by myself with 2 ladies waiting around the perimeter. Lone guy said I was after the 2 ladies for which i acknowledged&went about choosing my son's glasses. About 10 minutes later& more people showing a 2nd lady optician shows up& he says now that i need to stand in line&accuses me of going away. Process improve pl

• Mi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - spoiled milk before the due date
    New York
    New York
    costco.com

I bought a milk from Costco, then on 6/16/17 it is spoiled. If you see the picture, the first one is what happen when i heat it.The second one is the milk and the due date is stated clearly that it is due on 6/28/17.

• Lu
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - unfair punishment
    Santa Clara
    costco.com

On June 26th, A Coscto employee put a nail under a supervisor's car and I found out once he told me he had done it as well as other people finding out. He did it because that supervisor had written him up for something and I am now suspended for an action that another employee did and for not reporting what he did. That was between them 2, not me.