Costco.com / think again before ordering anything through costco.com!

I ordered a bedroom set online at Costco.com on 11 Aug 06. The website promised 4-6 weeks for delivery. My credit card was charged on 11 Aug for $3,727.48. I received an email on 24 Aug 06 stating that my furniture was shipped on 23 Aug 06 but I cannot check the status of delivery. Then six weeks passed without hearing anything about my furniture. I called Costco.com and was told that Costco.com had to check with the delivery company because they cannot check the status of delivery themselves. After two more phone calls to Costco.com customer service and two phone calls with the delivery company I found out that my furniture needed to be repaired before delivery. I did not pay a full price to buy repaired furniture so I cancelled the order.

I was told that it will take 7-10 days to before I receive my refund. Waited 10 days but did not receive a refund and did not receive any phone call from Costco.com for the status of my refund. I called Costco.com again and was told that it took 7 days for them to get an authorization from the delivery company so they need another week before I can get my money back. One more week went by without my money and any update from Costco.com. I called again on a Friday and was told that they never received an authorization from the delivery company and the refund section was not open that day but he will send them an email requesting to expedite my claim. I sent them an email requesting an immediate return of my money and my intention to file a formal complaint. The weekend went by but still no phone call or refund received next Monday. I called again on Tuesday. I was told that the refund section was not in Monday either but they will send another email to the refund section. I asked for a supervisor and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I did receive a call back from a supervisor that day (Tuesday) and she told me that she will escalate this situation and will give me a call back as soon as it gets resolved. No more phone calls that day. No phone calls on Wednesday either.

Now it’s Thursday 26 Oct 06. I’ve been without my money ($3,727.48) for a day short of 11 weeks, never received my furniture, and close to no customer service from Costco.com.

What I learned from this experience:

1) Never again order furniture through Costco.com.
2) Costco.com does not follow through with their promise nor do they, as a company, care how I feel or what I say.
3) Think again before ordering anything through Costco.com and consider how long I can live without my money and nothing in return for my money.

I am uncertain when, if ever, Costco.com is going to return my money and I need to find a way to get my money sooner. I still need bedroom furniture but I don’t have my money anymore.

KR
Nokesville, VA 20181

• mcintirept's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Also, Costco sells so much chicken, why can't you offer free range chicken and eggs instead? People might pay a little more if the chickens were treated in some kind of "humane" fashion.

Kr

Comments

• Ju
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - blueberries that potentially have pesticides
    Avon
    Massachusetts
    costco.com

I have just learned that Blueberries at Costco are from Chili and want to know if Costco is looking out for chemicals that are forbidden in U.S.A. There appears there are blueberries from Chili that are potentially harmful. A review by Costco should be done and supply information as to the safety of the product.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - fresh produce
    Littleton
    Colorado

I am really unhappy with the fresh produce at the Costco located at 7900 E Quincy Ave in Littleton, CO 80123.
    Every time we buy a bag of clementines, one or two clementines will be rotten (see pic above).
    Same with blueberries and other fresh products.

• Ca
    Kirkland - itm. art. 720894 - rectangular boxed kleenex
    Alhambra,
    costco.com

When I open a box and pull out the first few Kleenex tissues, there is a spray of white-like snow. It is little pieces of white paper. This is an annoyance as I have to clean up around it several times before it stops happening.

Please check the machine that cuts the kleenex or whatever would eliminate this problem.

Thanks.
    Caroline H Hanna

• Ca
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Kirkland Peanuts
    Woodbury
    Minnesota

I like Costco but do not like misrepresentation
    See attached label that makes SATURATED Fat appear as 0% rather than 10%
    by not equally BOLDING the "1" in "10" %

Please correct as this misrepresentation negatively affects the right choices people make for their health.

Please attend to this complaint..., ..., , ..., , , , , , , , , , ..

• Fa
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - norvesian fish package made in greece.
    Rancho Cucamonga

I bought Paige smoke fish. My husband & my self
    Got sever food poisoning. Is there any report?thank you. Sincerely. Farnaz
    Hajasal @ aol.com

Costco Wholesale Corporation - pizza
    Seattle
    Washington

I think its unhealthy to just offer white dough and thick crust. It would help member to offered thin crust and whole wheat dough no additives or preservative which I assume you are already doing? Thanks and God bless you for considering this healthy move for your members.

• Pr
    Costco at Naperville, IL - Service
    Naperville
    Illinois

I shopped at Costco today, they used to have a great customer service but recently had become worse. I understand it gets busy during the holidays but the cashier was aggressively flinging and throwing the food. No respect for the things we buy at the store.

Fast and quick service should never jeopardize the care and respect for the customer.

• Rd
    Costco Brand Pre-Cooked Bacon - Costco Brand PreCooked Bacon
    Howell, MichiganBrighton Mi

You went from Hormel Pre-cooked bacon to Your Brand, what a difference in taste. The Hormel was much better tasting then yours. Why not offer both.

• Nb
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - water and food

Hi I bought some food from Costco and the water tastes bad and it's Costco brand purified water. I was going to send it to the FDA for analysis but I wanted to know from you why it tastes terrible? Is it bad for you?
    Thanks
    Nathan

• Sn
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - butter croissant
    Chino hills
    California

butter croissant's used to be delicious but the recipe must have changed as canola oil is listed on ingredients instead. This really needs to be corrected as the top level as I have found online chats with people complaining of the same loss of deliciousness.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - billiard chair set
    Mammoth Lakes
    California

Purchased billiard set from Costco 2014 on my executive membership Nice set but barstool collapsed and wood splintered when my daughter sat on it expected wood should be better quality for price Would like replacement stool

• Fe
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - customer service - cashier christopher s. operator# 177
    Phoenix
    Arizona

He is rude and the lady assisting him at the checkout register. They do not know how to acknowledge their customers as if they do not exist. They show irritation while I was putting my stuff on top of the conveyor belt. The lady assisting Chris seems annoyed when I asked for a box. I bought plenty of items and I need one or two boxes.

Costco Wholesale Corporation - brussel sprouts

I purchased a large bag of brussel sprouts on 12/23/2017.
    When I opened them to prepare for Christmas Dinner I was shocked. I have never had a problem with their produce before but these were terrible. Over 3/4 of the bag were full of spots and insect holes throughout them. Terrible.
    Some one from Costco needs to contact me

• Mi
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - business hours
    SAN JUAN

Hi!
    Is to dissipation Costco Carolina change the business hours. The new hours affect all clients but the club open to late. The clients like me go to work 12 md to 8 pm this change affect me to buy my stuff. Please reconsider this change and keep the actually business hours 9am to 9pm. I hope the company considers opinion.

• Co
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - cheesecake
    Rego Park
    New York

Found facial hair from a beard when i purchased a cheesecake. It is disgusting do not buy them!!! Buyer BEWARE

• Kj
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - customer service and membership dial in wait times
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

I have been trying to reach out to Costco membership from past 1 week and every time there is atleast 20 minute waiting. This is really inconvienence and pain. The reason I called you is to cancel or update my membership. Thanks !

• Kd
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - cell phone calls
    Tacoma
    Washington

I continue to receive telemarketing calls from Costco after unsubscribing. I would like to know how to make these stop.

• Wi
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - videogame pickup system
    Carolina
    Puerto Rico

I went to purchase a Switch game yesterday, and I found the cardboard for it at the sales floor. After making two long lines (one to pay, the other to pickup), and after they told me the game was available, they find out it was not. You need to fix this pickup process and system. Never buying game related items at Costco again

• Aw
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - tire service
    Fontana

Hi there,
    My name August Wibowo, today Monday 11/27/2017 I have appointment at 08.00 for tire rotation at Costco Fontana, CA & waiting till 08.40 the shop still closed, 5 customers waiting as well.
    My email [email protected],
    Thank you .

• Ty
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Costco Wholesale Corporation - Muffins
    St Albert alberta
    Canada

Like to make a complaint. On Friday November 3rd I got home from shoping at Costco and I noticed half of the muffins I purchased had mold on them looked at the expiration date it was November 4th. I live over an hour away so it's not like I can return them. Very disappointed in the st albert costco