Costco / rude cashiers

Richmond, CA, United States Review updated:

I've been shopping at Costco in Richmond since it was Price Club! Over the last year or so, I've noticed that the majority of cashiers do not greet me with a simple "Hello" anymore. Instead, I have to listen to them talk about their tattoos, their hook-ups and even their alcohol consumption! Yesterday the cashier had her back to me while she chatted with the cashier next to her. One would think, in these hard economic times, that service would be better than ever... don't they realize how fortunate they are to be employed? I will not be renewing my membership when it expires - how sad!

Comments

27th of Aug, 2010

I had a similar situation at Costco Vaughan, Ontario, Canada. The cashier assistant actually called me a "[censored]" and ran off her mouth saying she doesn't have a boss once I told her I was going to complain about her...what we can't talk anymore... I agree, if service continues in this manner I will not be renewing my membership and I will be telling everyone I know that shops at Costco about my incident.

27th of Aug, 2010

You have an obligation to the company you work for...you represent at company...without consumers, you would not be employed...if you are not curtious to the customers, they will not return. There is no reason for anyone to be rude.