Costco / disrespect, rudeness and harassment

1 Redwood City, CA, United States Review updated:

I went yo costco to buy supplies for my parents business. At the time my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer and my dad had to leave out-of-state, so i was in charge of the business. I went to Costco in Redwood City, the same one I have been going to since I was 5. i proceeded to the checkout line and handed them my moms Costco card. They rejected it and took it away, at that instant i immediately grab the card back from the supervisor. Next they sent out security named JULIO and then he GRABBED me and I shook him off and was heading towards the exit. While I was WALKING OUT of the store he starts to shouts comments about me and told me "COME BACK WITH YOUR HOMIES AND WE'LL SETTLE THIS." I was amazed on how they would disrespect me and embarrassed me when our family has been shopping at costco for more than 18 years. After that incident, my dad paid for a Costco business membership for me. The first time I went to costco to buy supplies, I started to feel funny inside the store, it felt like someone was watching me, my every move. I didn't go to Costco to steal or cause trouble, I went to costco to buy supplies. I was being followed in the store for no reason. When i left the store i turned around and saw the same security guard JULIO following me and i proceeded to git into my car, i pulled out and JULIO was apparently trying to hit my car with his fist! YES! he tried to PUNCH MY CAR! He stood in the middle of the parking lot yelling out profanities and racist comments about me! A week later my friend that works at Costco told me that they were watching me everytime I went into the store, "theres about 3 or 4 people watching you" he said. A few days later a had a certified letter from Costco refunding my dads money from the Costco membership. The letter stated that i was not allowed at any Costco in the U.S.??????????????????????????? My parents had their family lawyer to intervene. He went to Costco In REDWOOD CITY CA and they didn't want to speak to him. I later found out JULIO was later fired a few months after my incident due to VIOLENCE to another customer wher he punched him in the face for no reason. My parents are giving me the business but I know that Costco has good prices but HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I called the Headquarters in the Northern District Mr. John Booth and he said "you owe an apology." APLOLOGY FOR WHAT? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT TRY TO BRING BUSINESS TO COSTCO! I didn't go there to start trouble or steal anything. I am 22 years old and I think it offends people that a person my age has their own business. I've been going there for years until they started to treat me disrespectfully! I'm never going back to Costco and i tell people not to shop there and I'm speculating about starting an non-profit organization against Costco Corp. PACC (PEOPLE AGAINST COSTCO CORPORATION) I'M NEVER LETTING COSTCO TOUCH MY MONEY AGAIN. THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE THERE NOT RETURNING MY CALLS AND I HAVE WRITTEN A FEW LETTERS BUT NO ANSWER.

Comments

• Ra
      27th of Sep, 2009

coscos is the best.. if you had a BAD EXPERIENCE WITH COSCOS IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN YOUR FAULT.. i say this because we have dealt with them for years and i tell you this they are the best. we moved to grand junction co 12 months ago...no coscos i ask no..no...ohno..now what do i do, , okay safeway .oh no...albertsons...hell no.. city market no gripe they are just a great store..always willing to help you and a great store..please come here.SAVE ME..SAVE ME

• Ha
      30th of Nov, 2009

Bad experience? More like 5 bad experiences, after the 5th time its for real. They should be treating me with respect when i walk into the store. Costco is NOT the best! Small business make up in 90% of business in america and ther'ye taking business away from the mom and pop stores. Just wait rayy until they disrespect you. I AM NOT SERVEING ANY COSTCO EMPLOYEES AT MY STORE! IF THEY DO COME INTO MY BUSINESS I'M GONNA TREAT THEM WITH DISRECPECT AND &$:)(&(&**#%! Already do anyways! Dont worry! Aint going in there anymore!

• Re
      19th of Dec, 2010

Costco employees are not very smart.

• Wo
      10th of Mar, 2011

How can you say Costco employees are not very smart? Do you know them all? Sounds to me like you're ignorant.

• Jm
      27th of Feb, 2017

Rude employee was disrespected today. By this person.