Costco / irritating business model
Disservice to the customer: I have a number of beefs with Costco Wholesale. For years now I have gotten a type of bait and not switch from costco. Generally I find their own Kirkland Brand to be well priced and of good quality. On five occasions I basically got hooked on either a Kirkland Product or another mfg. product--hooked meaning it became a staple of or in my families' diet and then because of market conditions Costco has discontinued these products. OK business is business, so I called Costco, and explained that I drive 35 minutes each way to get to Costco and should they drop an item it would be nice to know in advance. No such luck was the response. Anyway to check online ahead of time to see what disappointment might await, ----- no luck the response. Are you interested in my complaint----- no not really is the response. Do you have some means for "members" (which should really be altered to privilege holders, we aren't members, members have some voice) to voice their likes, dislikes, desires, ---- answer----- no but thank you for wasting your time calling and giving me something to do for 3 minutes.
OK, with a deep breath and a big long extended o and extended k.
Last time at Costco: we have member cards via an arrangement we have with our employer. The gal with the task to get our yearly contribution forgot to get/solicit the contribution from me. I spend 65 minutes shopping and get up to the checkout: "your card expired this Tuesday" go to customer disservice. Where they told me I could pay $50 and buy my items. I retorted, I have had this card 7 years, there was a mix up and no $50 for you. Can I speak to a manager. The manager refused to allow me to check out by using someone elses card, even her card--go home, no food for you!! If I had been told, look guy I will get fired if I do that for you. I would have taken her response without doing much chewing of my own cud but just hearing no seemingly for the glee of it did not cut it.
There are probably 10 items, that I would really like to buy at Costco, for both price and quality but the "arrangement" is over, I can and am going elsewhere.
More Costco Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - simply purrfect kitty litter is an extremely poor imitation of litter purrfect.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - complaint against store manager eric at the citrus heights california store
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - Refresh Skin Therapy Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel/Skin burnt after use
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - refresh skin therapy fruit acid 15% gel peel
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - citibank card