Costco / costco's unethical online orders

1 Livonia MichiganLivonia, United States

Mr. W. Craig jelinek
President and ceo
Costco

Mr. Jelinek,

We have been attempting to order a samsung 48" class ju6700 curved 4k uhd smart tv tvs - un48ju6700fxza. We spent a couple weeks searching the internet, and speaking with the tv rep at livonia, mi costco, before making our decision. We ordered this item from costco’s website 31 october 2016. Our membership number is [protected] and the order number [protected]. We had started preparing our room to accept the new tv. Then, on 2 nov 2016, we find the order has been canceled due to out of stock. That item should never had been offered in the first place, if there was no stock. Whatever happened to proof in advertising? Who or what can be trusted? This item was in stock when the order processed.

Now it seems all the time spent researching was for nothing. It was in stock to place the order and we were looking forward receiving it. Strange, that at the same time costco’s website no longer shows this item. What a let down! We are very angry and upset with costco.

Hope you are still reading this because here comes a surprise! 3 nov 2016 around 9 am, this item reappeared on your website and i re-ordered it. New order number [protected]. I doubled checked the order status and read it was again in stock! Starting to look forward receiving it once again. I have screen shots of everything mentioned above so i know what i am speaking about. This morning, 4 nov 2016, just for curiosity, i checked costco’s web site for this item and it was no longer listed! Here i go again. I guess i’ll be receiving another order cancelled message?

I am seriously considering filing an ftc complaint based on these facts but thought it better to first give someone, in authority at costco, to iron this problem out and contact me.

Ro