Cosmetyn / scam

1 6565 Taft Street #204Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-237-2690

I ordered a free trial of Cosmetyn after scouring their website looking for the catch. I couldn't find a catch, so I ordered a trial for the cost of shipping. Now they are charging $89.95 to my account, saying that I agreed to automatic membership. I had originally found the website by clicking on a sidebar ad. Without the ad available to click on anymore, I can't verify my argument, but now when I go to the website, there are all kinds of terms and conditions that send up red flags everywhere. If I had seen this page in the process of ordering, I would never have ordered. As I said, I searched the site that I ordered from without any indication of hidden costs, but when I go there via a different route, those hidden costs are blaring. I think they have a dummy site set up.

Comments

• Cr
      26th of Mar, 2009
    Cosmetyn - billing for no reason
    natural source store
    naturalsourcestore.com

I ordered my free trial of cosmetyn for 6.95 then tried it for two weeks and decided to cancel i called several times and waited on hold for up to an hour before it just hung up so i left a message. No return so I wrote to them on their website and no return. The next day I called again and finally talked to someone who told me they couldn't cancel at that time cause something was "down." A woman called me back and told me she would cancel it and gave me a number to put on the box to ship the product back. Two weeks later I was billed the 89.95 and when I called to complain they said they have no records of the cancelation... We argued for a while and they told me they would give me a refund if I had the confirmation from the post office so I called back to give it to them and a different woman said they didn't need it but when the product got their they would send me a refund. A week later still no refund so my husband called and they told him that we would not get a refund so I called back. They finally told me that they would give me a refund since I had my confirmation number and the number on the box, but we will see... still nothing yet!! Do not use this company they take money without your knowledge!!!

• Pi
      31st of Mar, 2009
    Cosmetyn - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE
    COSMETYN
    Brownsville
    Texas

AFTER THE FREE TRIAL I CALLED TO CANCEL BECAUSE I SAW NO RESULTS COULD'T GET IN CONTACT WITH THEM FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AFTER THAT CALLED LIKE 10 MORE TIMES AND FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF A REP THAT TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS GOING TO CANCEL BUT NO MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED (AT THAT TIME THEY HAD ALREADY CHARGED ME) BECAUSE MY TRIAL WAS OVER. HOWEVER SHE ASSURED ME IT WILL BE CANCEL AND NO MORE CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD. SHE TOLD ME TO KEEP THE UNUSED PRODUCT SINCE I HAD ALREADY PAID. TODAY 03/31/09 GOT CHARGE $89.99 TO MY CREDIT CARD FROM THAT COMPANY AND I AM STILL TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF THEM TO COMPLAIN AND ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK PLEASE IF ANYBODY KNOWS A CONTACT NUMBER OR AN EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE LET MEK NOW

• Ki
      1st of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - Cancel Product
    Texas

I have never left a complaint (or compliment) online before but feel compelled to do so. I ordered a free trial of cosmetyn on 3/18/09 and called to cancel the product on Monday 3/30/09, Tuesday 3/31/09 and today 4/1/09. The customer service number (954.237.2690) is a joke because I was placed on hold for long periods at a time, told to leave a message (and I did) but was never able to get a customer service rep so that I could properly cancel the product as stated in its terms and agreement (to cancel before 21st day or on the 22nd day your card would be charged again. In addition to my experience and reading others experiencing the same thing, I am not only starting to think the company is NOT legit but I will be contacting Better Business Bureau as well as my bank. It's really sad how this "company" chooses to operate which seems to be by taking first time customers money instead of earning and maintaining a customer for life. If you haven't already, don't use this company but if you have start taking the proper steps now to see to it that you don't get screwed over.

• Up
      2nd of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - won't return money
    San Francisco
    California

I ordered Cosmetyn online from Natural Source Store with the free trail, money back etc. promises. I was very surprised when I was charged again next month for a product that I didn't want and didn't get. When I called the company after being on-hold for 25 min, the representative told me that I have enrolled in a subscription program. There was nothing mentioned about subscription when I order the free-trail. So I was told to return the product and I'll get my money in 3 to 5 days. It's been 14 days since I sent it back. When checked on the delivery status it said that it was forward to a different address. I tried to call but the line seems disconnected.

• Xi
      2nd of Apr, 2009

This is rediculios, I have been calling at least 30 times a day and sometimes it sounf buzy, then the call just doesnt go through. It's very sad because the product actually worked, but i wanted to stop receiving the product.

• Mo
      8th of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - How I got my money back
    Natural Source Store

I just wrote a complaint titled "scam" and I have some follow-up information. After I wrote my complaint, I thought I'd better call my credit card company and make sure Cosmentyn/Natural Source Store couldn't charge me anymore. My credit card company (Chase) credited the $89.95 back to my card and put a block on my account so that every time Cosmetyn tries to bill me from now on, they will get a mark on their account which will discourage them from trying to bill me. So talk to your "disputes" department on your credit card to stop payments rather than Cosmetyn.

• Li
      10th of Apr, 2009

COSMETYN IS A SCAM!! BUYERS BEWARD!! I had the same exact experience where I clicked on a link which states "Free one month supply trial" which you would think one month = 30 days. It then took 13 days for me to receive the product and I later find out that it's a 15 day trial period which starts on the day you order. How is this even legal?? These people are scamming thousands of people nationwide and they need to be put out of business. If anyone feels they have been scammed by this company, please contact me (sweetprincess147@yahoo.com) as I am trying to recruit as many people as I can for a Civil Class Suit.

13th of Apr, 2009

I orderd the free trial also and now I can not get ahold of them to cancel either. I am taking your advice and calling my bank and telling them to put a block on my card so they can not bill me. I did like the product and it sucks that they have to be this way. I am also contacting the Better Business Bureau and my bank to see what I can do so I will not be charged for it. I agree it is a scam and I hope something can be done so no one else gets screwed over.

15th of Apr, 2009

Great !! I also got a call from Executive Response Department of Natural Source Store and called 954-318-4707 to cancel, but Steve Wilson I did not get a response either. I also contacted the Better Business Bureau and told them about all the problems people are having contacting this company to cancel and get a refund if they were charged. I decided to close my credit card at my bank and get a new one so they could no longer charge it sense I can not get anyone to cancel it. Good luck to you on it and Maybe they will be shut down soon.

15th of Apr, 2009

Hey, I just got an email from the Natural Source Store saying they are cancelling my subscription and will not longer charge me or send me their products. I do not know if they are really honoring this or not, but I received a response from the Better Business Bureau too saying they contacted them so maybe, that did the trick. The numbers are still a scam, but try contacting the BBB and complaining and see if you can get your money back and cancelation as well. It is the only way I could think of and I have the email to prove they cancelled it.

• La
      17th of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - Returns
    Davie
    Florida

Beware the terms of the sale! They do not tell you (when you order) that you must return the product after the "risk free trial" in order to cancel. They will continue charging your credit card until you do. I attempted to call and cancel on at least 6 occasions and never got through...their computers were down or no one answers. If you call to place an order, of course, someone answers. Bad business!!

• Ho
      18th of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - I cannot get in touch with anyone to cancel. I am being charged with my authorization.
    Natural Source Store LLC
    6565 Taft Street #204
    Phone: 19542372690

I have been calling since Feb. and can not get anyone to answer. I am being charged monthly without my authorization. I have tried to cancel the free trial but I am placed on hold and no one ever answers.

• Ho
      18th of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - I have tried to cancel and cannot get a customer service person to answer. I am being charged WITHOUT my authorization.
    6565 Taft Street #204
    Phone: 19542372690

I have tried to cancel for two months. I never recieved the product in which I am being billed monthly for without my authoriztion.

PS This is a correction complaint.

• Je
      19th of Apr, 2009
    Cosmetyn - Overcharged
    South Carolina

I called on the 7th of April at 4:00 and canceled my subscription with a machine 3 times. I never revieved a phone call back. I tried again the following day and again only got the machine. On April the 16th, I was charged another 96.90 for who knows what! I have told my bank to stop this payment. I don't even know what its for! I have tried numerous times to cancel my subscription. I want my money back!

• Ok
      21st of Apr, 2009

Cosmetyn is a total scam, they charge you ridiculous fees you never expected. DO NOT ORDER THEIR "FREE" TRIAL

• Ca
      1st of May, 2009

same thing for me. make sure you cancel the fitcompass enrollment. you will be charged $30 a month if you don't.

• Ca
      1st of May, 2009

total scam. but the product works!

• Gd

Hi

I'm gdonna -- I agree wholeheartedly with EVERY complaint I've read. I, too, ordered from a sidebar and therefore didn't have proper information to review...

Upon reading the terms and conditions re Cosmetyn, I believe I found a LOOPHOLE. After I read the complaint from the Chase customer, I need to hobble over to my bank for, hopefully, a refund from them as well as blocking my account (it's about time for Natural Source to take MORE money though I gave them hell an hour ago..)

I will be thrilled to comment further as soon as I am able.

Can't believe they insinuated a disabled 64 year old is a LIAR...

• Ly
      14th of May, 2009

Hi, I recently bought this product, I'm afraid these people will take my money too.

Is the product really woth almost $90 Dls? Does it really work on stretch marks? Because if it is, I don't mind to spend that much.

Someone help me... I dunno wht to do. :(

• Fr
      21st of May, 2009

I finally got resolution after finding out who they rent the office from. I was given the numbers of:
    954-894-3996
    954-658-8903
    954-793-7759
    954-636-9608
    954-573-0321
    I actually reached a live person and it was the Director of Customer Service.