Correctionsgtl.com / Collect calls from inmates!

1 233 springfield aveRochester, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 585-654-5126

I think it is very unfair if a person pays their bill all the time and they are late one time and you drop the amount of calls to four calls. I can see if the customer is continually late, but if they are paid up-to-date, than their calls should be reinstated.

Especially, when you sent the customer a letter stating that you are giving everyone a $100.00 limit. Then you say that is not in effect and you do not notify your customer. That is not good customer service, even when you are late on a charge card, there is either a late fee you pay, but you are still able to charge. They don't say you can't charge. It's like you are punishing the customer.

Comments

31st of Mar, 2008

I have had nothing BUT problems with this company.
    My husband has been incarcerated 32 years and I have dealt with many phone companies that carry imates calls. I am currently trying to resolve an error in billing (I was doubled billed for 6 calls) and I can not reach anyone that can help me. What GTL fails to realize: the families of the imates pay for these calls, not the DOC, and if they do not respect us, then perhaps it is time to boycott their system for 2 weeks-imagine how much money they will loose in 2 weeks.

• Do
      4th of Apr, 2008

They say if you pay your bill by credit card or check you get more calls!!Thats not fair to the people that dont have any accounts, , why do we get treated different then every1 else just because i pay by money order..Thats discrimination!!People miss there loved ones n they treat us like we are the criminals, by the way they treat us!!This company is not fair at all..My fiance is incarcerated and Im only gettin 4 calls a month cuz i pay by m.o.Only get a 1/2 hour to talk when my kids wanna talk to we dont have enough time for eveyone to talk!!ITS JUST NOT FAIR!!AND WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BECUZE WE WANT TO TALK TO OUR FAMILY!!THATS WRONG...

• Cc
      15th of Apr, 2008

I also have had nothing but trouble, with Global Tel-link, since they took over the correctional facility telephone calls. I also am getting double billed for phone calls, and after numerous phone calls and letters to this company, I still am not getting this problem resolved. Then when I try to post a comment on their customer service website, it says that there is an error and site not accessable at this time.

Now they are blocking my incoming calls, and I have no idea why this is happening. Give me back MCI, anytime.

• Ms
      23rd of Apr, 2008

I find this company unfair. LIke others I 'm having to many problems. GTL start a new thing that you can only make a payment of $300. If you have a limit of $100.00 and you pay extra to keepthe line open it wont let you, and gtl will block your line for making to many payments. That unfair fair beacuse they not paying for it, it 's my money If I wish to pay as much as i want i feell that i could.

• Fr
      15th of May, 2008

I have had NOTHING but issues with GTL. My bill was $250 and UNFORTUNATELY you can not pay more than $200 at a time on a bill. So I paid the other portion the next day. The computer gave me a conformation number yet my line was blocked for non payment. The CSS are rude and will hang up on you and scream at. They told me I should pay my bill on time. They do not care about the inmates nor the family. I tried of them and the long waits to speak to a rep that doesn't understand a word you are saying. I hate GTL. I reported them to the BBB and they couldn't even investigate because no one answered. Its ridiculous. Praise the lord my husband gets out in 9 months.

• Tl
      20th of May, 2008

My son recently tried to call me for Mother's day and GTL said my phone was blocked! I tried both GTL customer service numbers and all you get is an automated telephone service that wants a "pin" number to acess my account. I have never been requested to have a "pin" number and I can't get a PERSON to talk to! I checked the web site and faxed my old bill and new pin as required but I still can't access my account or talk to a PERSON. My bills have always been paid on time but they put a block on my son's calls anyway. He only calls about 2 times a month! I did obtain 2 telephone numbers for the GTL in Duluth GA but are not answering either. Apparently it is only a PO Box for distribution of mail.

• Ke
      22nd of May, 2008

i would like to know why when I call gtl i`m getting operators out of the country that you can hardly hear and barely understand . You people at GTL should get a grip . USA all the way and the red white blue got it .

• Ba
      24th of May, 2008

I always pay my bill on time and had a credit limit of $250, but was late one time and GTL broke me down to $50 had to start all over was told had to pay my bill in full for 3 MONTHS AND WOULD GET $50 increases at a time! ..Had a bill for $$250 which I paid $200, was told I needed to pay the another $50, which I did try to do, problem is GTL service will only accept one credit card payment in a week! how crazy is that, by then I had a block and kicked back down to $50. GTL is ripping up customers big time, their customer reps are very rude, they have hung up on me, and you cannot understand what they are saying.

Recently I had a $100 credit and the next morning I noticed I had a $150 credit limit which I thought was my 3 month increase so I thought I was fine with my calls comming in. I had a block put on again because GTL said they put a $50DOLLAR INCREASE INTO EVERYBODYS account for "Mothers Day" I said well why didnt you announce this was happening on your website or your automated phone service, QUESS WHAT they said "OH WE SORRY" GTL STOP RIPPING US OFF WE PAY MILLIONS IM SURE FOR YOUR POOR SERVICE. I pity anyone that has to deal with your company!

• Mr
      27th of May, 2008

I too am having the same issues with GTL, they billed me for 3 calls that didnt get connected and they told me that i had to wait 5 business days for it to be resolved, its now end of May and i still haven't been reinbursed. Not to mention the Mother's Day limit increase that i wasnt aware of, only to find that they dropped my limit back down after Mother's Day weekend so now my line is blocked because they didnt disclose those changes that have affected my bill. Then there never is a supervisor or anyone available to talk to regarding these issues, so who is regulating this phone company?? I've had nothing but complications with this account since they made me get a separate bill thru them.

27th of May, 2008

I owe nothing to GTL Statement was paid. Telephone has been blocked for 4 weeks now. Can not get a live body to talk to! I have sent a pin etc. they still do not recognize it. Don 't know what else to do. Global Tel Link should figure out a new way to do business with it's customers for sure. I givve up. You tell me what to do!

6th of Jun, 2008

I've been trying to contact you people via your toll free phone numbers and to no avail. Why do you have these numbers and no one to talk to? I want to cancel my account with you people as of this date. Will you please let whomever you need to know of this, or you can contact me by way of my e mail address or call me at home (912) 876-7982. Thank you

6th of Jun, 2008

I think GTL are a bunch of ###s and ripoff artists. They have phone numbers of customer service reps. but you can't even get through. When I first spoke to them they were in India and couldn't speak English where you could understand half of what you wanted to know. Wish I had never heard of these ###s.

6th of Jun, 2008

I would like to recant some of my previous statements about GTL. After getting ahold of an English speaking rep. he explained everything I wanted to know about my account and how to cancel it. He was very apoligetic (sic) about my previous experience with other reps. but in the end I want to say they treated me in a most professional manner.

12th of Jun, 2008

I hate this company, lots of trouble since they took over. i have talked to my brother for 15 years with out any trouble and now since this company took over its been months. Line always blocked, customer service down the ### hole. Since we cant communicate with our love ones, we should boycott these ###s. Dont pay their bills, what can they do, block us? LOL. NO service No PAY.

• Ki
      23rd of Jun, 2008

I have been having issues with this company as well, I put money on my account one day and I have a balance, the next day I check my account and some of my money has been depleted without even any phone calls being received from my loved one, last night I checked my account and had a large balance this morning I check my account and I am missing over $10.00 and I have not received any calls from the prison since the 20th of June. I am not sure if this is happing to anyone else but I know it is happening to me because I print out my account daily and my call log. GTL is taking money from my account when calls are not even being made or received, this is a bunch of CRAP!! GTL SUCKS I will be so GLAD when I NO LONGER need to use GTL's services.

• Et
      1st of Jul, 2008

Peace, ALL!!! I have had nothing but trouble as well since GTL took over, and I mean trouble. In short what I did was called the dept of corrections (im in CT), and complained. They are the ones who chose this service to I faxed every payment every bill, everything. I had paid up front $500 for the month and then I was not getting any calls and had a credit of $275...for weeks...I riffed, I could not get a live voice let alone a manager...well...I drove to Wethersfield, CT, that is the head office of Corrections with all my documents, and broke it down...professionally ofcourse and then asked them where in this am I wrong?...so could not explain or decipher anything...I sat in her office while she called, talked to whomever...In short I get my calls...You have to press, educate yourself...there is always a much higher management that you can deal with. Be persisitent, but pleasant most of all have patience, trust you have no idea how I just wanted to be indignent...its insulting when people think because you have someone incarcerated, you must be dumb and illerate. Well they found out with me I am far more knowledgable than they think;)...GOOD LUCK!!!any help you need by all means email, trust we are not alone! PEACE

• Di
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I hate the way global telelink do their calls, they are to expensive and they has a nasty attitude, they need to get some one else within the people that can speak our lanuages. also they she offer at least free calls to their value customers twice a year. I hate that company, I just pais $240.00 on my account and my love ones still can not call home.

• Ki
      16th of Aug, 2008

513 688 1953 not recieving calls trieed calling you at 9:30 am recording says your not open till 8:oo am
    this number was approved to recieve calls not getting any

• Le
      12th of Oct, 2008

I own a business and started getting calls all of a sudden fron gtl that someone was trying to call me collect, and wanted my visa # But thay will not tell me who this is and I don't know who it is. Is thare anyone out thare with the same problem? Is this a scam or what? I will not pay this till I know who is calling me. Mybe not even then since reading this page of comments. GTl if you are reading this Suck My you know what.

• St
      4th of Nov, 2008

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE COMPANY I HAVE MONEY ON MY ACCOUNT AND MY HUSBAND CANNOT CALL ME. WHEN I TRY TO CALL AND FIND OUT WHY I CANT REACH NO ONE. IT SAYS YOU ARE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES AND TO TRY BACK LATER THEN HANGS UP ON YOU. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO FIND OUT INFORMATION ON WHATS GOING ON AND HOW LONG ITS GOING TO BE BEFORE ITS FIXED IF WE CANT GET A HOLD OF ANYBODY. THIS IS CRAZY.