Correctional Billing Service / Sure Tek / The worst customer service!

My true complaint is with the collection company that Correctional Billing Services has decided to hire to collect it's bad debit. Instead of attempting to contact the the account holder to attempt to collect they blocked the line. In calling CBC they referred me to this #[protected] or direct dial #[protected]. This company first has no greeting to tell you who you've called or let you know you have reached the right location. When you question who or where you have reached your treated as if your the dummy, no customer service what so ever. Then when you make a payment there is no confirmation number for the payment nor do they post the payment to your credit card or bank account right away. At this point I made the payment on 12/19/06 and today is 12/26/06 and still no payment has posted. They where very quick to block my line with out warning but they are taking their time restoring my service. You may ask why post this because is was a bad debt. I was never notified of the debt and since I have been receiving and paying for other calls that they have billed by CBC tell me why wouldn't I pay for any other debt I may have. Sure Tek is the worst at customer service, they may collect outstanding debt but at to what extent of your customer. But than again it is the almighty dollar that speaks and you really don't care about the customer. I have filed a complaint with the local authority Sure Tek is located in Las Vegas, Nevada because I'm sure there is something wrong about the way they practice business.

Va

Comments

• Ar
      28th of Apr, 2009

I was just contacted today from TekCollect. My husband and I have immaculate credit, and when the collector called me I originally thought it was a scam. I had no idea what we could possibly owe. I asked for some verification information (who are you, what isyour company name, how did you get our information, etc). I was hung up on twice (for being difficult) - All I wanted to know is how did this company get my name and number.

Tek Collect finally gave me a phone number to call, and it did turn out that a company had sent us to collections for $85 due to an unpaid hospital bill that was a workers comp case. This was the first we had heard of this bill from 3 months ago. It was the hospitals fault for getting our address wrong and not mentioning this was a workers comp case.

However getting some information from Tek Collect so I could try and rectify the situation was HELL!!! I thought they were a scam or someone had stolen my idenity.

Apparently they sent us a letter requesting payment but it wasn't the right address. They did say that they showed that the letter they sent was returned. So they sent us to collections two days ago, and decided to call my cell phone today to tell me.

After 3 hours of phone calls between the hospital, the medical company that had the wrong address (and sent us to Tek Collect), the situationed was cleared up.

Tek Collect was beyond rude when I tried to explain this was a mistake - However, I am sure they here this all the time. But, I could prove along with the company that sent us to them, that our situation really was a mistake.

I asked for them to remove this from my credit, and they said they would satisfy the claim. I told them to take it off our report all together since it was the hospitals error and we proved it to them. Tek Collect said there was nothing they could do (even though they were the ones putting the info on our credit). They told me to check with each credit agency in a few weeks to see if it ever hit our report.

Tek Collect mentioned how you can get 1 free report a year - well as a responsible consumer I checked our credit 8 months ago - so it will not be free.

I know have a lawyer involved since I am not going to pay to check with each company (credit company), nor do I want to spend the time when it was compleatly not our fault.

Tek Collect - I understand you deal with a lot of shady people, especially in this economy. There are good people out there that pay their bills on time and take responsibility for their lives. Some of your clients are victims of others mistakes, try treating them with some respect instead of shoving in their face that you will screw up their credit.

You will be hearing from my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau, from your Corp. Office, and I plan on putting this statement on as many sites as possible.