Corona Hardwood / Dishonest business practice

1 9064 Pulsar Court, Suite I Corona, CA 92883Corona, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (951)277-8670

I got a price quote on the phone. Also, I was told that I only need to make a 10% deposit and pay the rest with check when my order delivered. I wanted to make sure that we are talking the same item. So, I drove 35 miles (70 miles round trip) to their store to double check the sample. However, the guy insisted full payment when I was ready to place my order.

It's a tiny store in a remote area and I just don't have much confident to pay the whole $2000.00 up front. He probably thought he already got me because I drove all the up there. However, I would rather pay extra money to do business with someone who can do what they promised. I can not image what will happen when my order goes wrong. I doubted that they will offer any help.

First, their price is not as good as www.ifloors.com or www.fastfloors.com but I was thinking it a local store and, hopefully, it's easy to deal with if something goes wrong. But, I am not sure my idea is correct or not.

Second, I will not do business with this company ever.

Comments

• Co
      21st of Nov, 2008

We do not require customers to pay full amount up front. We always work with our customers and do what is most convenient for them. If the customer is willing to pay full amount then that is fine. We are a trust worthy Family business that has been around for years, and in that time period we have grown trumendously and never had a unsatisfied customer. I believe this guy has trust issues which would make me think twice about trusting him. We try to be as competitive with our pricing as possible and most cases we can beat out our competition. We have plenty of references, and do business nation wide. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal.

• Un
      7th of Apr, 2009

Corona Hardwood did the same thing to me. I was quoted a price on a Provenza and later they changed the price. They kept saying we will beat anyone's price. No one can beat our prices. Sure enough, when it came time to pay them and order material for shipping, their free shipping was out the door and price was fifty cents per square foot higher. I would avoid this company by all means.

• On
      20th of Jun, 2009

I completely disagree with the above complaints. Corona Hardwood gave me the best price out of anyone that I called. I not only got the best price, but they totally went out of their way to accomodate me. I got a quote, called back 2 weeks later and they were able to give me the same price and then some... free delivery. I am one satisfied customer. I would definately do business with them again and would refer people to them as well.

22nd of Mar, 2010

Corona Hardwood just delivered our floors this weekend and I can't say anything bad like that. They treated us very well. These guys have better customer service than anyone I have called. The show room must have a couple of thousand samples but doesn't look crowded like other stores we visited. I don't know why the post says their store is in remote location, because they are right off the freeway, it actually pretty easy to find. Overall, they gave us better value and we are about to install our beautiful new Alston artisan maple floors :)

• Ph
      22nd of Jun, 2010

I just used Corona Hardwood for over 2000 SF of engineered wood. They were absolutely fantastic throughout the process. Their customer service was Excellent! As a novice, I kept changing my order, yet they worked with me throughout. They had very competitive prices, including shipping. I would not hesitate one moment to use them again & would highly recomment them to anyone

• Bu
      3rd of Nov, 2010

Lena, one of the salesperson, at Corona Hardwood was very helpful and when I called to tell her that one of the Bostik's glue was hardened she was apologetic and offered a refund. I was also able to get a good price with them. This was a long distance order so I was very concern of the almost $9000 payment but she only asked for 10% down and full payment when finalizing the order - which is a normal business practice. Delivery was efficient and on time. I appreciate their delivery guy since he unloaded 45 boxes & 8 bostiks into my garage nicely.
    It's is best to research the material before ordering . Definitely, I would do business with them again in the future and will refer them to family and friends. I'm including my first name here to let you guys know that I do not work nor get any commission from this company. Posting bad or good experiences with different companies helps consumer make wise decisions.

Signed: